• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Golf Club
  3. Is it analog swing?

User Info: Tenzhi

Tenzhi
5 years ago#1
I didn't see the typical shot bars in the clips I watched. Does this game use the awful analog stick method in place of the tried and true button-button-button method?
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.

User Info: tubb311

tubb311
5 years ago#2
its not awful, you just can't move your analog stick in a straight line. lol
GT: DonShetland

User Info: mietha

mietha
5 years ago#3
No, I'll agree, analog swing is ****. Thanks for posting this. Now I know not to buy it.

User Info: zapp2525

zapp2525
5 years ago#4
It's just more challenging that way, some want an easy way out....cats

User Info: Superman070776

Superman070776
5 years ago#5
Do not get this game if you only want to play something arcade like Tiger Woods, or the 3 button push method like in Powerstar Golf. This is a simulation golf game. You will have bad scores while you build your personal skill. There are no stats to build up because the game will only be easier when you get yourself better. If you want to shoot 20 under on every round, you will need to wait until Ea Sports puts out their next arcade golf title. Those games are fun, too...but that is not what this is meant to be.
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid

User Info: Tenzhi

Tenzhi
5 years ago#6
Gotcha. Fun is not what this game is meant to be. ;)

Analog swing doesn't simulate golf any better than it does boxing. If they really wanted to simulate a golf swing they should have used the Kinect. Moving your thumb an inch with the tiniest deviation causing a shot to go awry, possibly due to the irregular jitters analog sticks invariably have which can be seen in PC calibration, is an awful way to play video games golf.
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.

User Info: hotmarx

hotmarx
5 years ago#7
zapp2525 posted...

Or some people only have the use of one hand ... or the people who only have one hand that were really looking forward to this game.Yep,these people were really looking to take the easy way out,weren't they.
I don't usually revisit posts I make.I say my piece and move along.If you agree with me that's great.If not,that's fine,too.Everybody has their own opinions.

User Info: tubb311

tubb311
5 years ago#8
hotmarx posted...
Or some people only have the use of one hand ... or the people who only have one hand that were really looking forward to this game.Yep,these people were really looking to take the easy way out,weren't they.

lol. on what planet does someone need 2 hands to move an analog stick down and up.
GT: DonShetland

User Info: Superman070776

Superman070776
5 years ago#9
hotmarx posted...
zapp2525 posted...

That doesn't even make any sense....the analog swing only uses your thumb...not even one whole hand.
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid

User Info: phillyeagleflys

phillyeagleflys
5 years ago#10
And you can set it to either the left or right hand.
XBL maniacmatt1782, PSN ManiacMatt1782,
Youtube ManiacMatt1782
  1. Boards
  2. The Golf Club
  3. Is it analog swing?
  • Topic Archived