• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Inventory when playing chapter select on new game plus

User Info: jediknight0423

jediknight0423
4 months ago#1
All my upgrades and gun stuff is fine. Just wondering how the game determines what my inventory is when choosing a chapter to play. Like how does it determine I have a molotove two shivs and 16 pistol bullets vs maybe having 2 smoke bombs and 1 shiv or any other random combo of inventory?

Edit: actually I just noticed that on th same save file, all my gun upgrades are maxed when I start at a chapter really close to the end of the game but when I load a chapter towards the beginning some of my gun upgrades are missing.
follow me on twitter and twitch @jediknight1996. streaming often.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Quaddo1

Quaddo1
4 months ago#2
Your inventory should be the same as your latest/last playthrough, or whatever save file you've got loaded.

If you're missing upgrades for Joel on new game plus, you need to load your completed new game save file, and then replay the last chapter again (via chapters menu), and then start new game plus over again..

[insert clever signature here]
(edited 4 months ago)

jediknight0423
4 months ago#3
Quaddo1 posted...
Your inventory should be the same as your latest/last playthrough, or whatever save file you've got loaded.

If you're missing upgrades for Joel on new game plus, you need to load your completed new game save file, and then replay the last chapter again (via chapters menu), and then start new game plus over again..

So I should load the save that has all gun and character upgrades maxed, finish the last levels on that save, then beat a new game plus, then that new game plus save will have all my upgrades maxed on any chapter select?

Quaddo1
4 months ago#4
No, not really. My advice was mainly in case you feel you're missing upgrades at the beginning of a ng+ playthrough (sorry if I mis-read/understood your question(s)).

For you to be maxed out on all upgrades (e.g. skills, weapons, manuals) at any chapter in the game will probably only happen after a second ng+ (i.e. ng++) run, and then using chapter select.

(edited 4 months ago)

jediknight0423
4 months ago#5
I gotcha. I'm at my 3rd or fourth official ng+ but I have at least 9 save files and their all jumbled up so I'm sure I just did something wrong at some point lol.

But ok so assuming all that is squared away... What determines how many x amount of y supplies/craftables I have. So let's say I complete a second ng+ and at the very end I have all ammo/throwables/craftables at max inventory so I'm carrying three bombs/molotovs/max Ammo etc. After that ng+ is completed, on that same save file, if I go back to let's say bills town but b4 I get nail bombs and shot gun, how does the game determine what supplies I have and the amount. Like does it just guess what the average play through supplies would be at that point in the game? Is it based off what I had in the game at that point during that ng+(which I feel is what you were trying to say was the case but I just wanna make sure I understand) and In either case, when I do get the nail bombs and shotgun from Bill on that chapter select, will it just give me the scripted amount or will it registrer that on that save I ended the ng+ with the full the nail bombs and full shotgun ammo?

Sorry it's alot, what I'm trying to do is set up a save that's gunna be the easiest to play possible cuz I wanna get my girl friend into this game but since she isn't much of a gamer (yet) I want the least amount of things to turn her off from this game as possible.

Quaddo1
4 months ago#6
There are no averages, or guesswork going on. Basically, your loadout/upgrades/what-have-ya is the same as it was in on your last playthrough, each time you hit a chapter checkpoint.

Don't you think she'd wanna play her own game/loadout (so to speak)? Even if she's not much of a gamer, I don't see much point in preparing the game for someone. Just have her play on easy or normal (new game).

(edited 4 months ago)

jediknight0423
4 months ago#7
She told me if I want her to try a "scary zombie game" she wants it as easy as possible, plus I just want a 100% op save file. But thanks for the concrete answer on how the invetory works. So I'm make a new game plus and get all the upgrades done and craft everything and never use our for the whole game lol. Sounds like a fun challenge
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Inventory when playing chapter select on new game plus
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A