• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Factions Question about "Resting" PS4.

User Info: Thirty3_1Third

Thirty3_1Third
7 months ago#1
I saw in a single comment on a tips guide for the Firefly/Hunter trophies that if you put your PS4 in rest mode before a match ends, when you boot back up, your mission progress will be saved, but your day will start over.

For example, Week 2 Day 6. I achieve 1 out of 2 Special Executions and will not be getting another one before the match ends, so I put the system in Rest Mode. Boot back up, start a match and my progress will be Week 2 Day 6 with 1/2 Special Executions achieved.

Can anyone confirm? I’m going to try this as soon as I can in the path, just haven’t gotten there yet. This would completely eliminate all worry for the -100% missions and risk of total failure. I will confirm or deny when I can.
PSN: Thirty3_1Third | Now: The Last of Us Remastered & Pokemon Shield | Next: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

User Info: Quaddo1

Quaddo1
7 months ago#2
Afaik, closing the game instead should be enough.

There shouldn't be any need for using rest mode, though that might work as well.

[insert clever signature here]

Thirty3_1Third
7 months ago#3
Quaddo1 posted...
Afaik, closing the game instead should be enough.

There shouldn't be any need for using rest mode, though that might work as well.
And it will save your mission progress as well? I can confirm it works to reset the day, but I still haven’t confirmed mission progress is saved.
PSN: Thirty3_1Third | Now: The Last of Us Remastered & Pokemon Shield | Next: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Quaddo1
7 months ago#4
Afaik, yes.

Thirty3_1Third
7 months ago#5
Sorry @Quaddo1 - last ask. If I make mission progress in a match that I exit from, will I retain the progress starting the day over?

Started Day 1 - 0/2
Exited Game Day 1 - 1/2
Restart Day - 1/2 progress kept?

Quaddo1
7 months ago#6
Not quite sure what you mean......but let's say you decided to do downs for the burst rifle as your 3-day mission. You manage to do 4 downs in your first match/day, and you're getting close to the end of the match, if you close the game using the ps-button menu before the match ends, those 4 downs will be saved and the day will start over once you're in the next match.

I hope that's clear enough. I can't explain it any better.

Thirty3_1Third
7 months ago#7
Quaddo1 posted...
Not quite sure what you mean......but let's say you decided to do downs for the burst rifle as your 3-day mission. You manage to do 4 downs in your first match/day, and you're getting close to the end of the match, if you close the game using the ps-button menu before the match ends, those 4 downs will be saved and the day will start over once you're in the next match.

I hope that's clear enough. I can't explain it any better.
I think that's exactly what I mean. Haha! Sorry to be a pest, and I appreciate your patience!

Quaddo1
7 months ago#8
No worries.

I wish you luck in your Firefly and Hunter journeys!

1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Factions Question about "Resting" PS4.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A