• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. convince me to finish this game

User Info: 0K_Then

0K_Then
1 month ago#1
i got to the part with the first "clicker" enemy, and i literally took the disc out of my ps4 because it seemed soooo cliche, like that of a Scholastic-published young adult thriller novel

i was hoping for a regular human vs human type survival horror, but am now fearing i'm in for another run-of-the-mill resident evil-esque survival horror clone with some generic social commentary drivel shoe-horned into the mix

can anyone here convince me otherwise enough to give it a chance?

and, please, none of this "if you haven't played the game for over 5 hours yet, you have no room to judge!!" crap that i've read on reddit & stuff. i've only played maybe an hour or so, and if that isn't enough to get sucked into the game, then sorry, it probably isn't all that f***ing great

i'm still down for any reasonable, non-fanboy based 2nd opinions on the matter though

User Info: TheSpoonman5

TheSpoonman5
1 month ago#2
Nah, if you didn't like Resident Evil, you're not gonna like this.
I am... The Spoonman!

0K_Then
1 month ago#3
i like resident evil though. i was just hoping for something a little different with this game

like i said, i really wanted some human vs human survival horror stuff ala manhunt, but was super dissapointed at the introduction of the "clickers", which is just the most generic type of enemy possible in a survoval horror game imo

even the name for those things is stupid & sounds like something from an edgy young adult novel

User Info: TheSpoonman5

TheSpoonman5
1 month ago#4
I thought about it, and there are a number of similarities between this and RE besides the gunplay; Resource management, certain enemies that kill you instantly, big enemies with the obvious "shoot here" weakspot. Only things that stand out are stealth segments, actual melee combat, and a meaningful crafting/upgrade system.
I am... The Spoonman!

User Info: tombrady3to1

tombrady3to1
1 month ago#5
a blind enemy that tracks you down with one hit kills is generic? I've never seen them before.

There is plenty of human vs. human stuff in the game.

I'm not here to convince you, i don't think anyone really cares whether you want to finish a game or not. If you don't like it don't play it.
Tom Brady >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your fave qb

User Info: Quaddo1

Quaddo1
1 month ago#6
0K_Then posted...
can anyone here convince me otherwise enough to give it a chance?
Sorry, no. What's the point of trying to convince someone that very clearly already has dismissed the game lock, stock, and barrel. You're gonna need to convince me first that's not a waste of my time.

You didn't like it. That's fine. Every game is not for everyone. Move on.

[insert clever signature here]

User Info: Aurora-Silver

Aurora-Silver
1 month ago#7
The scene where the first Clicker came was the first scene where I was frustrated so much.
I myself, stopped at that moment, but continued some days later, trying my luck to get pass, because they are so nasty and not as easy to beat.

Now I'm further into the game, maybe half of it through. Some things are getting nastier, other are actually getting better. Yet, to me this game is fun and frustrating at the same time. When I thought, Clickers were bad, you haven't seen the Bloater, yet...

The normal Runners are usually not much of a Problem, but Clickers and Bloaters can 1 hit kill you and thats why I fear them most. That aside, they reminded me a lot of Resident Evil, too.
You can follow my Artworks here: https://www.deviantart.com/aurora-silver

0K_Then
1 month ago#8
Quaddo1 posted...
You're gonna need to convince me first that's not a waste of my time
nice of you to type out an entire paragraph to let me know that. i'm sure that was some well-spent quality time to help fill up your day, y'know, as opposed to performing literally any other alternative action

If anything, the monsters in the game reminded me a little of the ones from Half Life 2.

It's really unfair to compare it to Resident Evil, while the style of gameplay is definitely survival horror, that's just the unfortunate name for the genre given to Devil May Cry and Onimusha. The Last of Us doesn't frighten me. It does have a few monsters, but there are plenty of humans around as well (unlike HL2, which mostly has monsters for the entire middle of the story yet dodges the horror label and comparisons to Resident Evil). I'm currently playing it for the first time, and aside for the lack of fun in exploration (given how slow the dude walks/runs), it's a fine game that doesn't seem to be another run-of-the-mill resident evil-esque survival horror clone with some generic social commentary drivel shoe-horned into the mix.
BALTIMORE RAVENS

User Info: nightopian

nightopian
4 weeks ago#10
It is more stealth like than RE. You will fight humans later on. The game can be repetitive but the story drives it along.
Why can't the ant and the caterpillar just get along? One eats grass, the other eats caterpillars... Oh... I see now.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. convince me to finish this game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A