• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Factions is being ruined by people abusing sprinting.

User Info: LGM1598

LGM1598
2 months ago#1
Let me paint a picture for all of you veteran stealth players on factions. You go into a game wanting to dominate the other team and be top player. You get in and start doing your usual stealthing around and you see your first good opportunity of the match. You spot an enemy in listen mode coming your way and you've got the drop on him. As you're waiting for him to come into view 2 team mates suddenly charge in sprinting and causes the enemy to play more conservatively as well as draw in other enemies toward your position, they kill your team mates because they gave themselves away and now you're alone with the entire enemy team. I hope that this sounds familiar to at least of few of the veterans who read this because this has been too many of my games lately even before it became free on psn I feel like people just sprint constantly without thinking at all. I think may favorite will always be that one idiot who charges sprinting into the entire enemy team after they just killed everyone else on our team, thinking that he's gonna go chuck Norris on all of them or something. Its hilarious, pathetic, and infuriating all at the same time.

User Info: Kinetical

Kinetical
2 months ago#2
I play a lone wolf loadout with covert, because the majority of my teammates are idiots.

If your idiot teammates are running, turn the other way and sneak around if possible. Might as well take advantage of their stupidity.

But I have to admit, I also sprint, because I want to draw attention to myself to set up an ambush.

I don't do it at the expense of my teammates though... usually.
I've been in my body for years.

User Info: durangodan

durangodan
2 months ago#3
Yep, it's a pain. I'm usually saying stuff over the mic like "stop effing running!" But they don't listen. in the last couple of weeks I've seen players with one or two downs and ten plus deaths! When I first started playing I just healed and used the revolver, getting a couple of downs but staying out of the way. These new players run I. Like it's CoD and get screwed over and over again, then send messages calling me a camper....

User Info: Kinetical

Kinetical
2 months ago#4
durangodan posted...
Yep, it's a pain. I'm usually saying stuff over the mic like "stop effing running!" But they don't listen. in the last couple of weeks I've seen players with one or two downs and ten plus deaths! When I first started playing I just healed and used the revolver, getting a couple of downs but staying out of the way. These new players run I. Like it's CoD and get screwed over and over again, then send messages calling me a camper....

You see this, because there is a whole new bunch of idiots. I don't mind new players, but I do mind those stupid ones.
I've been in my body for years.

LGM1598
2 months ago#5
Kinetical posted...
I play a lone wolf loadout with covert, because the majority of my teammates are idiots.

If your idiot teammates are running, turn the other way and sneak around if possible. Might as well take advantage of their stupidity.

But I have to admit, I also sprint, because I want to draw attention to myself to set up an ambush.

I don't do it at the expense of my teammates though... usually.

Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with sprinting when it's necessary or even if you can use it to your advantage. It's the idiots who just sprint everywhere constantly without thinking. I didn't even mention when they sprint straight after being spawned after dying. I used to be able to spawn after a death and use the fact that the enemy couldn't be sure of where I spawned to my advantage. Now though so many idiots just straight up sprint and anyone who's been playing the game long enough knows that if multiple players spawn at the same time they also spawned in the same place. So not only is said player(s) instantly giving themselves up but also any teammates that spawned with them. It's this kind of blatant disregard for any kind of strategy and the selfishness of players who give their teammates up that is ruining the game.

LGM1598
2 months ago#6
durangodan posted...

I know it's unbelievable, like the whole point of this game is to use stealth to your advantage why else would they include a feature where you can spot your enemy through walls for God's sake. I've done the same thing telling them to stop running and have been in matches with other players who have said it too but it's like a plague that's sweeping across the game.

User Info: Boy of Smack

Boy of Smack
2 months ago#7
Run and gun does have a place in this game. Players that play that way tend to draw enemies towards them allowing stealthy ppl to flank. If you're not using this to your advantage as a covert user then chances are you're just camping really hard which imo is not a good way to play this game. However if the sprinters follow you around the map then this strategy is defeated lol and you have every right to be annoyed.

I've been playing this game for quite a while and that's what I observed anyway
My therapist says I suffer from delusions of sexual superiority...I think she just wants to do me.-Resistance-

LGM1598
2 months ago#8
Boy of Smack posted...
Run and gun does have a place in this game. Players that play that way tend to draw enemies towards them allowing stealthy ppl to flank. If you're not using this to your advantage as a covert user then chances are you're just camping really hard which imo is not a good way to play this game. However if the sprinters follow you around the map then this strategy is defeated lol and you have every right to be annoyed.

I've been playing this game for quite a while and that's what I observed anyway

Another user commented something similar about how he sometimes uses sprint to set up an ambush which is totally awesome. I'm all about thinking strategically about this game. I've used that to my advantage before to flank while others draw the enemy in but it only works when it's experienced players who know what they're doing. And I can say that I am definetely not a camper I just prefer to move around the map without giving myself up and if I can get the drop on someone it makes it that much easier. But for the main point about sprinting, I'm talking about the people that really just don't know what they're doing and don't consider the situation they are in when they sprint. I just played a game today on high school. My team was down 7 reinforcements to 1 and I was moving in on the enemies rear flank when 2 of my teammates spawned on me and sprinted right out of the gate and blew the opportunity to flank the enemy team from the rear. I was very close to them too and to blow such a good opportunity to have 3 teammates surprise them from behind? It's crazy...
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Factions is being ruined by people abusing sprinting.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers