• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Newb can't break free when grabbed

User Info: craig_psn

craig_psn
3 months ago#21
Ah...so I haven't met Buckley yet. It sounded like it was an animal, and the dogs are the only ones I've seen lately (food!), so I just assumed it was those dogs (where did they go?). And by "pet" Buckley, I was guessing you meant "had my hand bitten off" by Buckley.

I was near a tall wooden fence, beside some ruined houses, that's just in front of the sniper's house. And I had low health and no health kits and low resources. But plenty of weapons and adequate ammo! That's all I remember.

By "preferred" weapon I mean my "walking around" gun. If I had the ammo, I would prefer the shotgun or the shorty, of the guns I have so far. The revolver is good enough to get me out of trouble, fast enough and surprisingly/unrealistically accurate at distance even, ammo availability is not bad. I normally prefer rifles in games, so this is unusual, but the rifle is too slow and ammo capacity too low at level 3 upgrades for a walking around gun for me. It sure ain't no Mettler!
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Quaddo1

Quaddo1
3 months ago#22
That's right, you've yet to meet Buckley, and I'll leave it at that for now....

Though, let me know if you want/need help with getting through the sniper level.

[insert clever signature here]

craig_psn
3 months ago#23
^ I stopped playing the other day because I realized I couldn't go on like that, it was a good time to quit for the night. Just the sniper (AFAIK) left. I had like a quarter bar of health, and the large amount of red on the screen was annoying too...

So I'm going to get killed soon probably, might as well take my chances with the sniper now and look through the ruins for medical resources, I couldn't take even a punch, and I'll be left off no worse wherever the game respawns me if the sniper gets me.

Hey, I just thought of something. I have ~130 supplement points. I could upgrade my max health for 100. I noticed that fully heals you, least it did the last time I upgraded health. I couldn't decide whether to upgrade health or weapon sway or shiv-master, all take 100. I'm not playing in Survival mode or anything like that, so it was mostly between upgrading health and shivs. Probably health would be better for me, especially now...
(edited 3 months ago)

Quaddo1
3 months ago#24
Yes, upgrading max health will heal Joel fully.

craig_psn
3 months ago#25
When I Continued the game, it put me just before I made my poor performance that went from full health and 3 health kits and full supplies to make more of them, to 1/4 bar of health and no health resources. That was a gimme! It sure seemed unusual to me, I guess I've never been in this position before, never mind quitting in this condition...maybe the game won't restore you near death, kinda makes sense, practically speaking. The checkpoint happened to be in a convenient place this time.

Regardless, now that I know how the rest of the scene plays out, I could have made it even in my bad shape, since the only enemy left was the sniper and there was a health item on my path to him, and then it was all staged scenes where health doesn't matter and gets restored in the end. Instead with my rebirth I took a much better path, which I had already staked out the first time just before I quit i.e. too late. Actually, the hard way was way more fun...

And I did pet Buckley. And a horse just before him, thought he might have been Buckley.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quaddo1
3 months ago#26
Indeed, on lower difficulties there are more checkpoints and the game restores some of Joel's health as well (if necessary).

Good, I hope Buckley didn't bite you, and yes the horse, which is yet to be named...... :)

1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Newb can't break free when grabbed
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers