• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Newb can't break free when grabbed

User Info: Quaddo1

Quaddo1
3 months ago#11
Yes, this game is pretty rng heavy in general.

[insert clever signature here]

User Info: twinsblade

twinsblade
3 months ago#12
sadly in survivor mode & above

the drops are pretty fix call me crazy or stupid because you really need to stealth or avoid but I take my time to kill all so one battle can take me 20mins+ LOL

I realize the drops are fix... meaning if you kill this specific enemy they ALWAYS drop Moltovs or some parts... pretty fix no RNG.

When I play again it becomes funny because I would only go for this type that drop me stuff than if I can avoid others so be it.. 3 bullets means 3 never 2 or 4 rounds or never drop

User Info: craig_psn

craig_psn
3 months ago#13
I never again ran into the prob of not being able to break free when held by a Runner (so far anyway!), even with moderate-to-lowish health. So it may have been part of the staging for the scene when I asked, it was very early in the game, and the "staging" may have been you have to do this one thing without being caught, they wanted you to learn basic stealth techniques, before the next part of the scene where you'll really need them.

Different topic, if it's OK: if I have another long gun holster, can I quickly swap between a bow and a shotgun, say? Or can I only quickly change between a rifle and a shotgun, actual guns? Oh...and is the swapping with a holster a LOT faster than without one?

I guess it's pretty obvious I won't set off my own nail bombs, because supposedly I can pick unexploded ones up...if only I remembered. But will I be injured by the blast if somebody else sets it off? (i.e. Can I use nail bombs at close range?) I'm guessing I'd be hurt, I burned myself with one of my own Molotovs once, but that was stepping in the fire after it had exploded. I wonder if I get shot while holding a Molotov, will it explode like it does when I hit an enemy carrying a lit one?
(edited 3 months ago)

Quaddo1
3 months ago#14
Yes an extra holster will make you swap between two weapons of your choice a lot quicker, regardless of whether it's for an extra long gun/weapon or handgun.

Yes a nailbomb blast will injure Joel or even kill him if he's too close to it when it goes off. The same goes for molotovs.

If you get shot while holding a molotov it shouldn't go off. I've never had that happen at least. Unless you get killed by the shot, i.e. Joel's low on health, then it might.

Quaddo1
3 months ago#15
twinsblade posted...
sadly in survivor mode & above

the drops are pretty fix call me crazy or stupid because you really need to stealth or avoid but I take my time to kill all so one battle can take me 20mins+ LOL

I realize the drops are fix... meaning if you kill this specific enemy they ALWAYS drop Moltovs or some parts... pretty fix no RNG.

When I play again it becomes funny because I would only go for this type that drop me stuff than if I can avoid others so be it.. 3 bullets means 3 never 2 or 4 rounds or never drop

Sure some enemies always drops the same item(s), but there definitely is rng on survivor and grounded as well when it comes to what and how much a killed enemy drops. It usually depends on the player's inventory situation.

(edited 3 months ago)

craig_psn
3 months ago#16
Thanks. It's good to know the bow still counts as a "long gun" re the extra holster. I know it's in a long gun slot, but it wouldn't use an actual gun holster, so I wasn't sure how that worked here.
(edited 3 months ago)

craig_psn
3 months ago#17
The holsters are working out nicely.

According to the save files, I'm about 60% through. I have to say this is a pretty great game. I always enjoyed the combat in the UC games, but that's about it. In TLOU the combat is even better, and I like all the other stuff too (because I like to have some control over my circumstances). Why I'm saying this is because I have the TLOU package of the PS3. It was the very last iteration of the PS3, even the last iteration of the super slim (few versions). I got it as a backup PS3, already had a PS4 by then. And I never even played TLOU until now on the PS4...embarassed...I can see why people are excited about "2".
(edited 3 months ago)

Quaddo1
3 months ago#18
60%....that means you quite recently petted Buckley then?

craig_psn
3 months ago#19
^ I haven't. I rounded it up to 60% to not seem too anal. :) I'm in the suburbs near the sniper. I'll probably have to do this section again since I left off part-way through I think, at least it seems that I had more to do, but I don't really know...

And now I'm thinking Buckley might be a dog. I was wondering about them, I saw/heard them a lot at first, but when I went through the houses I never saw them. I actually did look around a little for them. Avoided them at first because I thought they might bite or be watchdogs etc., I didn't know at the time that there weren't any people right there.

Don't think I can go back there now, for Buckley or whatever. I had to pass by a bunch of revolver ammo in the dogs owner's house, and since it's my preferred sidearm so far, I took that hard, and didn't forget.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quaddo1
3 months ago#20
OK, sorry, but I actually thought you were past the suburb sniper, not that the mention of Buckley is a huge spoiler....

I'd avoid having a preferred gun/weapon in this game. All of them are pretty bad when Joel first picks them up but after doing some maintenance (which the game calls upgrades for some reason) they're all pretty good.

1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. Newb can't break free when grabbed
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers