• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. The Last of Us: Factions Multiplayer Resources (tips, missions, loadouts, etc.)

User Info: TVontheRadio

TVontheRadio
5 years ago#21
For mic users, take note of landmarks and danger zones. You want to be able to call out enemy locations, and where you plan on heading for flanks, ambushes and map control.

I'll try to come up with a list of hotspots for every map using the pictures in the first post. Will do that as soon as I actually get to a desktop computer!
http://kambyero.com

TVontheRadio
5 years ago#22
A general tip regarding armor before I work on the map landmarks:

When you see a downed enemy who still happens to be wearing armor, try not to go for the special execution or haphazardly shoot the legs to execute from a distance. You don't want the player getting away with his armor intact, as you get to keep armor when you respawn.

Shoot the upper body until the armor breaks, and only then should you execute. You can also try breaking the helmet with a headshot while the player is downed, but it's hard to do when in the middle of a firefight or if the player is crawling away. There are those who get downed and just give up by kneeling in place. Take the opportunity to blast their helmets off.

If a teammate performs a special execution before you shoot the armor off, don't worry. Before the animation finishes with the enemy being executed, you have a couple of seconds to break the armor.

TVontheRadio
5 years ago#23
Another general tip but for downed players:

As a downed player with no hope of getting revived, you can still help your team in not-so-insignificant ways.

In tight spaces or doorways, you can block advancing enemies by putting yourself in the right position. Having to get executed whether it's by getting kicked, shot, boarded, or special executed, you can buy retreating teammates precious seconds to get away, set up enemies for surprise shivs, or prevent enemies from getting to their downed teammates in time.

Your downed body can also prevent smokebombed teammates from being shanked by rushing enemies. Smoke shivvers usually mash triangle when they get close to a stunned target. TLOU's button mapping just so happens to have FIVE separate actions for that one button, shivving and special executing being two of them. Instead of losing two lives, you just lose yours, and give your teammate a great opportunity to avenge your death with the enemy stuck in the special execution animation.

With that in mind, you also have to remember that you can be an obstacle to your teammates when downed. Instead of getting the shiv on an unsuspecting enemy, they might accidentally start reviving you if you're too close.

You don't want to act as bait for your teammates to get roasted by a molotov or get shivved. Mic users can easily solve that problem by just announcing that the enemy that downed them is just hiding nearby. For those that don't use mics, there's not much you can do. You have to rely on your teammates' own situational awareness.

When you've been downed by a group of enemies, and you only have one teammate nearby who's hiding, it's best not to blow that teammate's cover by crawling up to him. Chances are you'll just get the both of you killed.

What you can do instead is crawl back and forth in an erratic manner. I've personally witnessed myself how some players waste ammo and, most especially, time trying to execute me with their guns and missing. Again, it might sound insignificant, but I've had teammates actually get the opportunity to sneak up to frustrated enemies, get the shiv, and even revive me.

Since it's been brought up, let's quickly go through some best practices for when to revive.

Always scan the nearby area for any hiding enemies potentially using your teammate as bait.

Communicate if possible to your downed teammate to crawl to cover first.

The risk of getting molotov'd is always higher than the reward of getting one person up by helping another teammate trying to revive. Just let the one person do the reviving.

This might sound counter-intuitive, but I suggest executing first before reviving downed teammates as a general rule. You don't know if enemy backup is just around the corner to pop you before you finish reviving. Instead of saving one life, you end up losing two while the enemy loses zero. If you're damaged and have the time, heal up as well before going for the revive. That way you still have the opportunity to bail in case you get caught off guard when reviving.

It's all the more obvious when you do know the downed enemy's teammates are getting close. Don't give them the chance to kill two of you and save their teammate.

Only revive first and execute second if you are 100% sure that the coast is clear like seeing 3 or 4 enemy player icons crossed out in Supply Raid/Survivors.

I just want to make it clear though that by executing I mean shooting or meleeing, NOT special executing.

All of this advice can be disregarded IF AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE REVIVER 3. I guess you could make the case for rushing revives if you have Reviver 1 and 2, but it's just so much safer if you have Reviver 3 instead.

User Info: Barrel Dragon

Barrel Dragon
5 years ago#24
The full auto does not down in 2 headshots nor 1 headshot + 2 body shots and never has.
PSN=Boeyoyo
[N]injas [W]ith [A]S-Vals

TVontheRadio
5 years ago#25
Barrel Dragon posted...
The full auto does not down in 2 headshots nor 1 headshot + 2 body shots and never has.

I don't know about you, but I just played a match where I downed an enemy with 1 headshot and 2 body shots with the FAR. Then again, it was a public match so all sorts of variables could have been in play, even though to me I saw him get hit once with my FAR in the head, and two more times in the body.

If you're up for it, we can test it out in a private match with just the two of us. One of us could just stand and get shot at to really make sure what the exact amount of bullets need to hit.

TVontheRadio
5 years ago#26
Another quick tip:

When you plant a nail bomb, you will blink on the enemy radar as a red dot for about a second. So when you see a red dot on your radar that doesn't move, and you don't hear a gunshot, watch out for a nail bomb in that area.

If you plan on luring enemies into a nail bomb, it's better to mask it with sprinting for a couple of seconds. It's also a good thing to be always laying down nail bombs when you're making a hasty retreat and the enemy is on your ass, preferably when rounding corners or jumping through windows.

TVontheRadio
5 years ago#27
Upon further investigation, Barrel Dragon is correct.

If I could edit the original post, I would, but I can't.

So I'm just going to put the right amount of shots to down in bold.

Full-Auto - 5 body shots to down/3 headshots/3 body shots and 1 headshot/2 headshots and 1 body shot

And upon finding out that the Full-Auto takes more headshots to down, I quickly realized that the Spectre should be doing about the same number of headshots as well considering it does weaker damage.

Spectre - 6 body shots to down/3 headshots/4 body shots and 1 headshot/2 headshots and 2 body shots

User Info: Paradoxic-HD

Paradoxic-HD
5 years ago#28
Is there any good loadouts for gathering the most supplies for your clan?

TVontheRadio
5 years ago#29
Aside from being really good at killing, you can try a variation of the Battle Medic loadout I posted earlier. If you don't have enough loadout points, use FAT 2 and/or Reviver 2, and drop the Shotgun for maybe the Semi-Auto.

Or you can replace Reviver for Crafter 2 or 3 instead (always 3 if you have it unlocked). Gifting items is easy. You don't have to engage. Just go for the supply boxes, and stick with your team.

It's really easy to get a lot of parts with any of those skills without having to get a lot of downs.

Doesn't matter which gun you use.

And don't forget to mark. You get parts for that as well, and even if one mark doesn't get you a lot, it adds up. It helps your teammates, too.

Survivors is actually a great mode to get a s*** ton of parts. Just survive as long as you can, and if your teammates are cool with it, try to extend the match for the entire 7 rounds.

User Info: Paradoxic-HD

Paradoxic-HD
5 years ago#30
Thanks for that!
  1. Boards
  2. The Last of Us Remastered
  3. The Last of Us: Factions Multiplayer Resources (tips, missions, loadouts, etc.)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers