• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  3. Anyone get FPS drops when killing Kragons?

User Info: LordSkippy

LordSkippy
5 years ago#1
Whenever I kill those little ice Kragon things and they explode into ice shards, I suffer somewhat of a major FPS drop. From a steady 60+ Fps to maybe half that if not more. I'm using a 4GB MSI GTX 970 that is only about a week old. I play with all settings maxed out and my card runs fine and cool with everything except when I fight those darn things. Other games such as Shadow of Mordor on max settings ran great without any graphical hiccups. Anyone have any ideas why this may be causing the slowdown? Maybe having Physx on Ultra/high may be causing it?
I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape.

User Info: guineapigofdoom

guineapigofdoom
5 years ago#2
I think the physx may be melting your framerate. Try bringing it down by one.

User Info: Dagoth_Wit

Dagoth_Wit
5 years ago#3
I was getting it fighting the Shuggoraths. My game actually crashed a couple times during heavy gunplay with those things. I've since turned Physx down and it's fine now.
Google is for finding webpages. Gamefaqs is for finding out that you're wrong.

User Info: eliteoneXP

eliteoneXP
5 years ago#4
Running 2 780tis overclocked and I still get this. Really only happens during these times though.

User Info: psostrife2000

psostrife2000
5 years ago#5
Something is up with the coding during shugarths and kragons when they explode. I can run any game maxed out with max FPS with another game maxed out on another monitor lol. But whenever the kragons start exploding like crazy my FPS drops like crazy. I'm using nvidia btw. So maybe an update for that is coming.
PSN - Pancakesaregood

User Info: LordSkippy

LordSkippy
5 years ago#6
It is comforting to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Hah. I was worried something was wrong with my computer or I was being bottle-necked by my CPU somehow. Hopefully they patch that up soon.
I don't believe in a lot of things, but I believe in duct tape.

User Info: AxelRipcurl

AxelRipcurl
5 years ago#7
It's definitely a PhysX optimization issue, those kragons exploded into hundreds of iddy biddy pieces. It's quite odd, since the BL series have always been fantastically optimised, BL2 was even a flagship title of the PhysX capability. I could run that on full settings without a hitch

I suffer this same problem also, running everything at max and I'm using a GTX 660 Ti, but had to lower the PhysX setting to stop this from being a nuisance.
Ploppers.
Pokemon Y FC: 4768-7638-5019 FS: Ice, Cloyster, Bergmite, Spheal

User Info: funkyfritter

funkyfritter
5 years ago#8
PhysX eats GPUs for breakfast in this. If you're having any issues turning it down is always the first thing to try.
And with that...pow! I'm gone!

User Info: CanadianAce

CanadianAce
5 years ago#9
I'm running AMD so this physx crap shouldn't be a problem for me, I have it set to low and play at a steady 60fps.. but like you guys when I kill anything frozen my FPS drop to 45 I'm going to uninstall physx and turn off vsync to see if that's the issue.

User Info: CanadianAce

CanadianAce
5 years ago#10
UPDATE: It is for sure bad coding, I uninstalled physx, disabled vsync and set all the settings to off, or low... and still had the same frame drops. Running 7870 crossfired with 270x on an amd fx 8350, PSU 750w corsair, 8 gb ddr3 ram, I should have no issues hitting 60fps constantly.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  3. Anyone get FPS drops when killing Kragons?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A