• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. How did this game get nominated for Best RPG at game awards
thatboy32 1 month ago#1
......over an actual RPG like Bravely Default II that came out last February even though this game isn't even an actual RPG. This or Monster Hunter (which is an action multiplayer game) should've given their spot to BDII.
(message deleted)
Big_Boar 1 month ago#3
Because awards like these are virtually meaningless. That an unfinished game so very far off the mark can be nominated proves as much. It excels at almost nothing that I would consider strong RPG elements with the open world a particular disappointment. The story is average.

What we have seen though is a vocal minority that have convinced themselves that this game doesn’t need vast improvement. So, it’s not really a surprise to see some so called ‘critics’ suffering from the same delusion.
Disliking Sadie Adler from RDR2 means you are human garbage -kainzow42
If you dislike a game I like, your opinion is ignorant and disingenuous -LordPoncho
(message deleted)
Rodimus_Prime 1 month ago#5
That1GamerDude7 posted...
Because its story telling is actually fantastic, as per CDPR standards previously. It's the bugs and gameplay changes that are the biggest hindrance to true greatness.

Lore, voice acting, story and world is all top-notch.
In other words, the game part of the video game in a video game awards show doesn’t get proper consideration. Makes sense.
"Tell me, what kind of murderer uses a 'Samurai Slap'!?"-Phoenix Wright
thatboy32 1 month ago#6
Because its story telling is actually fantastic, as per CDPR standards previously. It's the bugs and gameplay changes that are the biggest hindrance to true greatness.

Lore, voice acting, story and world is all top-notch.
OK but that doesn't explain how this game got nominated over a literal Final Fantasy spinoff.
Big_Boar 1 month ago#7
I really hope that is not aimed at me in this topic or my topic you recently posted in. I have gone on record as stating that as much as I like this game, it needs much more work put into it in 2022 on PS4 PRO.

Not only that, but I would have given Launch Cyberpunk a generous 3 out of 10. As of now, it fluctuates (for me) between a 5.5 and 6.5. In another 12 months I may be able to bump it up again to an 8 at the highest.

Early buyers and pre-order people like me were screwed, but buying it now for $10-20 is not as much of a loss, IMO.

Genuinely, that wasn’t aimed at you at all. In fact my own scores would be similar to your own but I highly doubt it will ever be worthy of 8/10, there’s just too much that needs done. I hope I’m wrong though.
Disliking Sadie Adler from RDR2 means you are human garbage -kainzow42
If you dislike a game I like, your opinion is ignorant and disingenuous -LordPoncho
(message deleted)
Rodimus_Prime 1 month ago#9
Don't look at me, I'm not in charge of it. Would it have made more sense to have "story narrative" be the section it was nominated for? Yes, but it is what it is.
I was expanding on what you said. I wasn’t directing what I said at you.
"Tell me, what kind of murderer uses a 'Samurai Slap'!?"-Phoenix Wright
Kazli 1 month ago#10
The story is OK i guess, but the small handful of endings, lack of real choices and all roads leading to the same outcome kinda hurts it's score there.

I would give it big points on voice acting, with the exception of male V, who is subpar. But no way does it deserve to be nominated as best rpg when it barely is one at all.
  1. Boards
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. How did this game get nominated for Best RPG at game awards
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A