• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Every time Takemura talks in this game.
I think it would be really cool if I could make a Japanese female V with her own accent like that.
I like V's female voice actress, but the option would have been nice. Like the Russian VO option in Saints Row the Third.

Would anyone else do this if they had the option?
Jrpgs are the best.
(message deleted)
marko7 1 month ago#3
I'd love to make a character with a particular accent

Would either do a female with a Russian accent or a male with a French accent. Or both with German accents. I would thoroughly enjoy that.
Made you look
Big_Boar 1 month ago#4
Yeah multiple voiceover choices would be great, works well in games like SWTOR even though the variants are class specific. It also opens up the potential for more diverse, immersive characters and subsequently, more replay value.

Sadly, even if there had been more voiceover choices, whilst an improvement, we would still only be able to play as Street Kid V. The end. It’s one of the biggest flaws of the game that they opted for such a rigid protagonist. Then again, the RPG elements are so weak and immersion so poor that currently, playing as anyone else would be pointless anyway. What’s needed is far better life paths, a working street cred mechanic, gang/faction progression and interaction, and more related missions.
Disliking Sadie Adler from RDR2 means you are human garbage -kainzow42
If you dislike a game I like, your opinion is ignorant and disingenuous -LordPoncho
(message deleted)
Big_Boar 1 month ago#6
That1GamerDude7 posted...
Isn't it more like, you used to be this thing, now you are a street kid that still has all their previous knowlege that comes up in various important parts of the game?

My corpo run made all the conversations with Takemura more interesting than they would have been if I were a nomad because both Takemura and corpo V know first hand how that world works. Plus, I was a complete spy ninja in that route in my build of hacking and sneaking

That being said, I have lurked here long enough to know how it usually ends up at this board, so I really don't want to fight with anyone about it.

I chose Corpo as well. Unfortunately that choice was utterly meaningless. Sure, a few ‘unique’ lines of dialogue like the ones you mentioned are here and there but I certainly didn’t get the sense that my Life Path choice made any difference whatsoever. You’re still Street Kid V. Life Paths are one of the biggest disappointments in a game full of them. They play like we’re only seeing about 5% of B what they were supposed to be.

So really, there technically isn’t any such thing as a Corpo run. Yes, you can go stealthy etc but that’s really just gameplay and stat choice, the actual immersive, role playing elements are virtually non existent. It’s a very linear game in many ways, playing through a thoroughly average main story in an empty, perpetually lifeless open world. Sad, but true.
If you dislike a game I like, your opinion is ignorant and disingenuous -LordPoncho
(message deleted)
Big_Boar 1 month ago#8
That1GamerDude7 posted...
I respectfully disagree. I mean, you are right about your character getting a downgrade career change, but it does still count.

Counts in that you get a 10min prologue and a few dialogue choices but Life Paths simply do not affect the game in a meaningful or immersive way. In their current form they’re virtually pointless. I really don’t think that can be argued, unless there is a load of Path specific content that I’m unaware of.
(message deleted)
Kazli 1 month ago#10
Big_Boar posted...
Counts in that you get a 10min prologue and a few dialogue choices but Life Paths simply do not affect the game in a meaningful or immersive way. In their current form they’re virtually pointless. I really don’t think that can be argued, unless there is a load of Path specific content that I’m unaware of.

It would be nice if there'd been missions specifically for certain life paths later in the game, like whole hours of quest chains after getting the chip where you try and regain what you lost when you were forced out onto the street. But no, every mission after the prologue is identical on every life path other than the handful of meaningless dialogue choices that act as reminders of the path you picked at the start and were forced off of.

Or better yet, imagine a playthrough of the game where you don't even get the chip at all, you never take up the offer, and you play a 30 hour long story doing something on the actual life path you choose instead of becoming street kid V against your will and having to team up with Jackie.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. Every time Takemura talks in this game.
  • Topic Closed

GameFAQs Q&A