• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. CONCERNS: Did I miss something?

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
2 days ago#1
Ok so I'm here playing MK11 and restraining myself from buying AC Valhalla because I'm so hype for Cyberpunk 2077. Then, I come here and there's a billion concerns threads about the game. Did I miss something about new footage looking s*** or whatever? Game looked hype as f*** and now there's a lot of negativity around it. What happened?

I'm planning to play this on PS4 Pro on day one. Anything worrying that I should be aware of?

I'm sorry because I didn't follow the latest Cyberpunk news as I didn't wanna see too much. Thanks for the help :)
MK11 Main: Sindel / Alts: Sub-Zero, Skarlet and the Joker
WAITING FOR: Cyberpunk 2077

User Info: DarkSymbiote

DarkSymbiote
2 days ago#2
Best you go through the topics. And whatever you do, don't listen to anyone dismisses the complainers as "trolls", "haters", or worse. And be wary of Hello Hello.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
2 days ago#3
It's a gaming forum for a game not out yet. What else is there to discuss but concerns?

I'm hyped but I can understand genuine concerns considering the delays and last gen versions.
Playing:
PS5: Astro's Playroom PS4: The Witcher III; Crash Bandicoot 4 It's About Time. Switch: Pokemon Sword; Hades. 3DS: The Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons

User Info: FieFongFlac

FieFongFlac
2 days ago#4
There is a gameplay video showing Xbox One X and Xbox Series X gameplay. The game looks worse than everything that's been shown before, understandable since everything was PC and most people understand that the console versions will be worse. That said, for some it is significantly worse than they might have anticipated. There are also quite a few people who do a lot of s*** posting and take their dislike to an extreme. I understand avoiding things but I'd say its worth watching the gameplay video to see if it's something you can live with since the One X version is likely similar to ps4 pro. It really doesn't spoil anything since it cuts around major plot stuff and is completely lacking any kind of context.

This is definitely a game that has a very either or kind of response. Press response to the gameplay is overwhelmingly positive, but it's hard to trust that too. I'm getting it day one on the pro myself, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't look kinda janky.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: biolink

biolink
2 days ago#5
This place has been one of the more critical places of the game. There’s valid concern with how it’s gonna run on last generation or base model consoles. The rest of it falls into the whatever category for me personally. Maybe because I haven’t been paying attention to every possible development so I don’t really care about what’s missing or what was better in an older version of the game.

If you’re hype I’d say just avoid any kind of forums since we’ve got about 2 1/2 weeks left and come up with your own conclusions, so you don’t let any ideas(whether positive or negative) about how the game should be get planted in your head.

It’s made by humans so I wish they would have thought of every contingency and tied up every loose end, to make everybody happy, but that’s just not possible.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: TomatoDragon

TomatoDragon
2 days ago#6
FNFred posted...
Ok so I'm here playing MK11 and restraining myself from buying AC Valhalla because I'm so hype for Cyberpunk 2077. Then, I come here and there's a billion concerns threads about the game. Did I miss something about new footage looking s*** or whatever? Game looked hype as f*** and now there's a lot of negativity around it. What happened?

I'm planning to play this on PS4 Pro on day one. Anything worrying that I should be aware of?

I'm sorry because I didn't follow the latest Cyberpunk news as I didn't wanna see too much. Thanks for the help :)

Several people have latched on to various things about the game they don’t like and are pushing the narrative that the game sucks because of these issues they have. A lot of them even make up lies about the game or the company and don’t even bother responding to people that call them out on it.

Here is a list:

1: Some people are mad about the first person perspective.

2: CDPR being more open about features that were in the game (such as wall running and customizable cars) that were later removed than other studios. People are mad about those removed features.

3: The delays.

4: The reason behind the most recent delay. CDPR wants to make the game work better for last gen consoles al launch.

5: Gameplay elements they don’t like from what was shown such as the combat.

6: Game not looking cyberpunky enough.

7: Seeing certain agendas being displayed in the game, both real and imagined. These are the second most idiotic of the whiners.

8: Streets being “empty”.

9: CDPR being anti-consumer. Several people here actually said this! These are ether the most idiotic of the whiners, or the biggest liars to ever make an account on gamefaqs.
(message deleted)

User Info: samantha_sneez

samantha_sneez
2 days ago#8
Also worth noting....if anyone doesn’t immediately give praise to a game they’ve never played and if they question it and speculate on what they have seen without drinking the proverbial “Kool-Aid”, they are immediately “trolls”. Lol.
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until LeBron James treats me to a nice lobster dinner.

User Info: _Emi_

_Emi_
2 days ago#9
You're both here to do nothing but s***post. Shut the f*** up.

User Info: Beers

Beers
2 days ago#10
FNFred posted...
Game looked hype as f*** and now there's a lot of negativity around it. What happened?
This pretty much always happens on gamefaqs. Most of it is trolling.

DarkSymbiote posted...
Best you go through the topics. And whatever you do, don't listen to anyone dismisses the complainers as "trolls", "haters", or worse. And be wary of Hello Hello.
Imagine trying to convince people that there are no trolls on gamefaqs. f*** outta here with that s***. You're a f***ing clown. Hello Hello is one of the most informative posters on here; just don't get on his bad side because he has kind of a big ego.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.
  1. Boards
  2. Cyberpunk 2077
  3. CONCERNS: Did I miss something?
  • Post New Message