• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Crest700

Crest700
4 years ago#1
Where to grind to reach lvl 99? the only monster that gives me decent exp is the Dragon where u farm stats at.

User Info: the_hunter_gta

the_hunter_gta
4 years ago#2
Should only wait till NG+ at-lest during 2nd playthrough to try that.
[Back Up Games Saves to USB/Online if possible] FFXIV: ARR (Excalibur)
PSN: gtasthehunter, My 1st Lets Play Minecraft: http://goo.gl/gwxwBf

User Info: alienfetucine

alienfetucine
4 years ago#3
The Prototype encounter at the Ruins of Lost Time - there's a slightly hidden area if you go to the right from the entrance instead of heading straight forward to where the automatons are. If you have a high-Effect Treasure Grimoire with the EXP bonus trait Prototype will give 5000~6000 EXP on Easy above level 90, which means you'll get a level every two fights or so. On Easy with a decent set of equipment Wilbell can wipe the encounter in two actions (All-Range Sword -> Assist to get into Burst, next player turn tag in Wilbell, All-Range Sword to kill); Hardcore gives more EXP but you have to actually fight them so it takes longer anyway.

You can respawn it by going to the Geofront, warping to the room with Silver Dragon, using a swing to wipe out all five normal enemies in that room, and returning to Stellard. You don't need to bother Silver Dragon, that's just the closest room with five enemies in it.

If you're already level 70+ and have decent equipment it shouldn't take more than 30 or 45 minutes to hit 99 this way.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

User Info: Nashinote

Nashinote
4 years ago#4
1. Craft Treasure Grimoire with EXP bonus (I think it's earth element with 50-79 or something like that?) and equip them.
2. Kill Silver Dragon, Pheonix, Prototype 0-2, Servant of the Beast King (or something like that), etc.
3. Swing-kill 5 mobs.
4. Return to city.
5. Repeat steps 2-4.

Alternatively use Strong Enemy Encounter in final location (where Final boss is located) with 80 LVL and farm them. You can farm them even after defeating last boss (at least in Shallistera case) and before returning to town for ending.

User Info: alienfetucine

alienfetucine
4 years ago#5
Silver Dragon gives very little EXP by default and plummets once you outlevel it. Phoenix is level 75 and only gives 4800 EXP, Servant of the Beast King is level 80 (same as Prototype) but is only one enemy that gives 5600 EXP. All three Prototypes are listed as giving 6000 EXP so SotBK presumably gives under a third as much and Phoenix even less. Unless you only get EXP for a single Prototype or something weird like that.

Strong enemy army in the final dungeon takes kinda long even if you're oneshotting everything and still gives worse experience than Prototype, plus the field effect is kinda glitchy and there's a couple reports about it causing the game to freeze.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

User Info: Ranadiel

Ranadiel
4 years ago#6
One thing to keep in mind is that life tasks do not decrease in exp based on your levels, so if you can save the high exp one like 5000-10000 XP until you are high level (i.e., when monsters stop giving good xp), then you get the most bang for your buck.
[This signature was deleted by a higher power for revealing secrets of the universe]

User Info: Ryumoau23

Ryumoau23
4 years ago#7
alienfetucine posted...
The Prototype encounter at the Ruins of Lost Time - there's a slightly hidden area if you go to the right from the entrance instead of heading straight forward to where the automatons are. If you have a high-Effect Treasure Grimoire with the EXP bonus trait Prototype will give 5000~6000 EXP on Easy above level 90, which means you'll get a level every two fights or so. On Easy with a decent set of equipment Wilbell can wipe the encounter in two actions (All-Range Sword -> Assist to get into Burst, next player turn tag in Wilbell, All-Range Sword to kill); Hardcore gives more EXP but you have to actually fight them so it takes longer anyway.

You can respawn it by going to the Geofront, warping to the room with Silver Dragon, using a swing to wipe out all five normal enemies in that room, and returning to Stellard. You don't need to bother Silver Dragon, that's just the closest room with five enemies in it.

If you're already level 70+ and have decent equipment it shouldn't take more than 30 or 45 minutes to hit 99 this way.

Thanks. I'm still only in chapter 8 but i'll keep this location in mind when i get to the end of the game. :)
27 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau

User Info: Arthaiin

Arthaiin
4 years ago#8
How do you even beat the Prototype, I tried it on hard and they heal 100% of their HP every time that infinite healing card comes around. I had gotten the center one down to like 2000 hp and that card comes around and it heals for over 30,000 hp and I'm forced to start over again.
Some of the greatest catastrophe's ever committed by man have been done with the "Best of Intentions."

User Info: Crest700

Crest700
4 years ago#9
Cool! Thanks for help guys. =D should be able to get the trophy later. Weee
(message deleted)
  • Topic Archived