• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Unity
  3. Sync point/Coop still valid?
nova_eklypse 2 years ago#1
I have just recently started this to round out my AC collection and ran into sync points. Are people still actually doing coop? Or is it not supported and sync points from coop are incorporated into single player?
Dark Moon 2 years ago#2
not sure about the ps4 version, but pc version coop is still active and sync points are still in the coop missions.
Game Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
(message deleted)
Hotel_Security 2 years ago#4
I can confirm the sync points are all there to be collected, even if you don't have PS+ and play it solo.

Also, I can confirm that all the Rift artifacts are available despite the Companion App functionality being discontinued.

It’s still possible to solo all co op missions from the progression tracker

You can do it from the main map as well if you find the guy who gives you the mission there's a "private session" option.

Only things where you MUST have online is for the "Do 10 Sync Kills" and "revive a buddy" trophies. I guess there's some Uplay achievements that would need online too but, meh.
MeteorStone 2 years ago#5
Hotel_Security posted...
I can confirm the sync points are all there to be collected, even if you don't have PS+ and play it solo.

Also, I can confirm that all the Rift artifacts are available despite the Companion App functionality being discontinued.

You can do it from the main map as well if you find the guy who gives you the mission there's a "private session" option.

Only things where you MUST have online is for the "Do 10 Sync Kills" and "revive a buddy" trophies. I guess there's some Uplay achievements that would need online too but, meh.

People still play this online?
I’ve always hated playing this online back in the day, cuz most of the people who join would either lag horribly or run around like idiots and fight everyone when the mission calls for strict stealth. Nobody took the missions seriously and did whatever.

I’d love to play this again and try online once more, but only with a reliable player during one of the more harder stealth missions. That could be fun.

Just two Assassins taking their time infiltrating and carving their way towards the mission objective and coordinating/planning their approach is the best way to play imo and 2 players I think is enough for most missions imo. Don’t need a whole cluster of assassins lagging and doing whatever, ruining the immersion for everyone else. Unless I’m lucky and find myself with a real solid crew of 4 who are serious enough.

But I’d have to load the game up again and shake the rust off, assuming ofcourse anyone is interested and has the time to immerse themselves into the game. To be honest I can’t stand the newer AC games. I think Unity despite its short comings was the last true AC game, and the graphics along with Paris are still f***ing gorgeous to this day.
Hotel_Security 2 years ago#6

I just started the game not too long ago. I've only tried a few times but found a couple people to do a few heists...but only on the weekend. Any attempts to look for folks on weekdays have gotten me no results. A few of the regular co-op missions have had available but I want to do those on my own so I have time to grab the sync points. I did hook up with a guy for a half hour to farm 10 sync kills and get the revive trophy since those are the only ones I must use another player to get. Glad to get them out of the way.

cuz most of the people who join would either lag horribly

No problem with this for me so far. Could've been you since you saw it so often.

or run around like idiots and fight everyone when the mission calls for strict stealth.

That's mostly what we'd do in heists. Run in there and just hidden blade kill everyone until someone started a battle. Then it's smoke bombs until we can stab the rest.

Nobody took the missions seriously and did whatever.

Sounds awfully snobby here. For one, there's no major fail conditions for abandoning stealth outside of a little bit of cash in heists (and who is short of cash in this game?). And the only time when you may NEED to really depend on stealth is when you're playing alone and not with other people...when you have more folks, you can afford to abandon stealth and just go for quickness and speed and try to kill folks as quickly as you can...seems quite pointless to HAVE to do stealth when your group doesn't even need it. You act as though there's only one way to do these things and everyone is wrong because they didn't do it your way. Not to mention that it's FUN running through and trying to kill everyone quick...makes you feel like a wave of death with your partner. They're "assassins"...no one says they have to be ninjas.

but only with a reliable player during one of the more harder stealth missions.

Haven't seen much in the way of an actual stealth mission. I mean, I try to be stealthy but the second you make a mistake and get spotted, it's an all-out brawl. Even when I'd try for stealth, I usually blow it and I'm sure not restarting the checkpoint to "do it right" when co-op missions take long enough as it is. If anything, the tougher missions are the one like the Infernal Machine or the Tournament which are more speed-based...I don't need a "reliable player" to infiltrate some place and kill a guy.

Just two Assassins taking their time infiltrating and carving their way towards the mission objective and coordinating/planning their approach is the best way to play imo

Many of this DO this. Then we make a single mistake and some dude on a building who we didn't notice spots us, calls all the other soldiers and then it's exactly the same type of clusterf*** that it always is regardless of whether we tried stealth or not. You're basically asking for a guy who has done every mission so many times that he has it all memorized and won't make a mistake. No wonder you didn't like it.

ruining the immersion for everyone else.

Jesus Christ, did you just use "immersion" in a non-ironic way? Kill me. It's a multi-player side mission. Settle down.

To be honest I can’t stand the newer AC games.

Given the varying levels of elitism and snobbery in just this post, I don't find this surprising.

I think Unity despite its short comings was the last true AC game

Wouldn't know. I'm playing them in order. I'm sure the open world games will be just fine when I get to those.

and the graphics along with Paris are still f***ing gorgeous to this day.

Well, there's at least one statement I can agree with.
MeteorStone 2 years ago#7
@Hotel_Security

So you basically just replied to antagonize me?

All I was asking for was to try this again to see if this time will be different, and to play with someone who won’t rush through the missions unless it’s absolutely necessary. I want to enjoy playing with someone else, for a change and not breeze through that experience.

But whatever, guess my mistake was assuming I’d find what I’m looking for in a place like GameFaqs.

And yes,.....they ARE assassins and are supposed to behave like ninjas, and on top of that Unity was the first AC in a while to bring back stealth as a primary way of playing. The previous games became action adventure first and stealth second.
Twisted_Fool 2 years ago#8
MeteorStone posted...
Hotel_Security posted...

I’ve always hated playing this online back in the day, cuz most of the people who join would either lag horribly or run around like idiots and fight everyone when the mission calls for strict stealth. Nobody took the missions seriously and did whatever.

I’d love to play this again and try online once more, but only with a reliable player during one of the more harder stealth missions. That could be fun.

Just two Assassins taking their time infiltrating and carving their way towards the mission objective and coordinating/planning their approach is the best way to play imo and 2 players I think is enough for most missions imo. Don’t need a whole cluster of assassins lagging and doing whatever, ruining the immersion for everyone else. Unless I’m lucky and find myself with a real solid crew of 4 who are serious enough.

But I’d have to load the game up again and shake the rust off, assuming ofcourse anyone is interested and has the time to immerse themselves into the game. To be honest I can’t stand the newer AC games. I think Unity despite its short comings was the last true AC game, and the graphics along with Paris are still f***ing gorgeous to this day.

I agree with you btw. @Hotel_Security is just being aggravating.
PSN: jilord
Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy. - TooFlyForAWifi
MeteorStone 2 years ago#9
Twisted_Fool posted...
MeteorStone posted...
Hotel_Security posted...

I agree with you btw. @Hotel_Security is just being aggravating.

Yeah, I guess he/she is being nit picky about my statements.

You don’t have to have the whole mission memorized in order to take your time and enjoy the experience. Eliminating roof top shooters, then planning a route, etc can be fun.

There are of course time sensitive missions, but I was alluding towards the ones that penalize and diminish your rewards each time you’re spotted. I’d like to attempt those and get it perfect, not for the maximum amount of money but for the challenge of it, call me a perfectionist but that’s my definition of fun in a game that promotes stealth above all else.

Just immersing myself into that experience and enjoying every second of it.

Hotel Security sounds like a trophy hunter who just goes through the motion of collecting s*** in games. Doesn’t care about actually escaping into the game’s world and enjoying what it has to offer. So of course my statements are completely foreign to him/her.

There are people who go to art galleries, and look at works of art and see only a mishmash of colors splattered on the canvas. Only ever seeing the surface level, never diving deeper.
And there are people who make the effort and can actually look at them much more closely and see a whole range of emotions and intricate details and even appreciate/admire unique brush stroking techniques, etc. I’m the latter sort of person.

When I play video games, I literally play the s*** out of them, and see things/enjoy things in ways most completely overlook. Does that mean I’m an elitist? Perhaps, but it’s my way of appreciating art, and imo the best way. You get more bang for your buck, and allows you to appreciate what you have(I’ve owned my copy of Unity since 2015, never sold it or nothin).
nitraM2k18 2 years ago#10
MeteorStone posted...
@Hotel_Security

So you basically just replied to antagonize me?

All I was asking for was to try this again to see if this time will be different, and to play with someone who won’t rush through the missions unless it’s absolutely necessary. I want to enjoy playing with someone else, for a change and not breeze through that experience.

But whatever, guess my mistake was assuming I’d find what I’m looking for in a place like GameFaqs.

And yes,.....they ARE assassins and are supposed to behave like ninjas, and on top of that Unity was the first AC in a while to bring back stealth as a primary way of playing. The previous games became action adventure first and stealth second.

I'd be up for playing this online in the exact way you describe, there is nothing more satisfying than getting in, killing only the target and getting out, something sadly missing from the series right now.

PSN: nitram2k11
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed Unity
  3. Sync point/Coop still valid?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A