• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Unlimited World Red
  3. The Japanese update for the 3DS and HD version released - Information Thread

User Info: thelastgogeta

thelastgogeta
7 years ago#1
I can't record footage myself, even if I have a copy, but I'll be writing down some of my findings here and invite you guys to post up any information you can find through videos or screenshots (Miiverse has Wii U screenshots too I believe, the communities seem joined).

Expect some updates in the next two hours or something.
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!

User Info: Ambrose69UYA

Ambrose69UYA
7 years ago#2
thelastgogeta posted...
I can't record footage myself, even if I have a copy, but I'll be writing down some of my findings here and invite you guys to post up any information you can find through videos or screenshots (Miiverse has Wii U screenshots too I believe, the communities seem joined).

Expect some updates in the next two hours or something.

When you play as him, can you let me know how Crocodile is? What attacks he has and if he's fun to play as. I hope he has ground death.
PSN: Ambrose_69

thelastgogeta
7 years ago#3
I'll make Crocodile my next priority unlock.
Basically the game has an arbitary unlock system for characters to make it more lengthy or... tedious. I shouldn't be surprised, these guys developed Unlimited Adventure (though I appreciate the game a great deal, even more so than this one), Jump Superstars/ Ultimate Stars and Gigant Battle 1 + 2.

Crocodile's requirements are partly tied to Hancock dodging 15 ties (5 to go) and to using Item Words 5 times (done).. I'll just run around and dodge a ton of times, that's more or less how I got Franky (Zoro has to counter 6 times - I avoided the mission objective to guarantee an unlock).

After the download for the 3DS (both an eShop 2852 block V1.1 update and potentially 300 yen 2 block download), I have this main menu:

Main Story.
Main Story – Hard Mode
Battle Colosseum.

I haven't experimented with the Hard Mode nor checked how main story is touched, but on Battle Colosseum...

It opens with decent presentation and slips up and down. Basically a cutscene of walking where the crew seem to largely reuse voice clips (more obvious in combat), a brilliant Doflamingo introduction with Spanish guitar (the new tracks are good but barely used). Most of the presentation is text and menu based otherwise with some interesting cutscenes for bosses.

Playing with Law: He has no counters/dodges/blocks in the air. Kinda jarring as every crew member does. His default counter for close combat is “Counter Shock” where he zaps nearby foes. He can also warp out of the way of other things as a grounded dodge.

Playing with Hancock: Similarly has less air options, but the “Red Hot Kick” esque air X is cool with me and she seems fine though I may just be more accepting after a while of playing this.

The listed characters at the beginning are Luffy, Law with the following all locked at the beginning: The rest of the crew plus Hancock. The likes of Buggy, Crocodile, Jinbei and Ace joined soon on the unlock list after I called it tedious but it doesn't take too long if I must be honest. I could have had Crocodile in 10 minutes or less (in addition to others with similar objectives) if I read his description earlier.

The modes I've seen so far are as follows and forgive my poor translations* when they decide to not use Katakana for wimps like me.

Duel – A one on one fight with crew members and bosses. Totally random who you face and where it seems.

Mass Battle* – A one or two (or more? - you aren't allowed to pick two at the beginning) vs tons of grunts battle. You can knock enemies into the water here to beat them, as there are no walls.

Special Match – Appears at random, demands a random character (1 on 1 so far) you have and rewards a disportionate amount of rank (though Robin vs Lucci was so hard). It doesn't disappear or change when you do something else.

Rank Up Match – Appears when you reach the top of a rank to move up to the next, has some narration.

Battle Royale – A boss/crew member plus minions, sometimes two bosses at once instead. You have to knock out all of the minions and they don't respawn infinitely even if the boss is left alive.

The ranks are split into A B C with you getting rank points which make you count down to Number 1 before the Rank Up Match. You also gain stars when you play any mode with a character (even if it is a support), but they seem to leave when you rank up. I'll see what the benefit is eventually... Also, the game sometimes (only once so far) requests that you choose a character for a mode, if you pick that person, you get double the points.
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!

Ambrose69UYA
7 years ago#4
Sounds cool. I really wish Lucci was playable. I can't believe he gets shafted this much (OP:PW2) considering he was a huge antagonist for one of the longest arcs in One Piece and has had IMO the best fight against Luffy in the series.

thelastgogeta
7 years ago#5
If Lucci is missing by the end of this, I'll be mad even if I expect it.
Their take on Lucci was so good in this game, he uses Soru to get all over the place and can knock you just by blitzing you. He can hop on the air off the stage firing Rankyaku or watching Marines fire their buster call at you and when he slims down he zooms off and back to you slamming you into the wall for a Rokugan but very little of it fits into standard play I suppose... Not the usual, standard combo, heavy attack that can interrupt the combo, air combo which also go heavy and vanilla specials.

I've had a while to try out Crocodile and here are my impressions:

Playing with Crocodile: Similar to other bosses converted into playable characters, he has no air avoidance, but he can dodge and attack grounded enemies with the context button technique which may be more than a bunch of non-crew members. He doesn’t have Ground Seco (which I can recall being a move in prior games in the series, even has a boss in the story he uses a cinematic huge Desert Spada to split the area in two I can understand I guess that not everything can be translated into gameplay). What he does have is a simple ground chain which ends with Sables and can be interrupted with Paruhan. I guess he may be more fun to you, especially when you fight a crowd and get into the habit of dodging and dominating then leading into a combo again. He is far from being the bundle of fun that Sanji or Luffy present on a base combat level though, not that I expected it. >_>

Oh and I put up a thread for the 3DS as well which is a little better put together, as I did this one first. Might be some unique information there eventually or interesting responses which I don't write about here. This isn't ever going to be sticky worthy, but worth a read before localisation is something too.

3DS thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/717248-one-piece-unlimited-world-red/69426281

Oh and I fought Fujitora recently and don't really know what to make of the results of the battle... >_> Tedious or epic. Fortunately I unlocked Crocodile so the busy work isn't too bad. Jinbei and Buggy are next up.
Get The Wonderful 101!

User Info: YUKIMURA_09

YUKIMURA_09
7 years ago#6
Have you figured out the unlock conditions for Fujitora, Akainu and Whitebeard yet? They are the only characters I'm missing...
"Tremble! Bow down to your fear!" - Aleksander Nikolaevich Her

thelastgogeta
7 years ago#7
Just in time, Yukimura. :P
I was close to finishing the unlocks and wouldn't remember anything in an hour or so.

Fujitora needs you to play the Mass Battle (just minions) 3 times with Doflamingo, play with Akainu 25 times and use Akainu's special 12 times from what I can read.

Whitebeard needs you to use Shanks to beat 600 people (I recommend using Mass Battle - you don't need to knock out the people with Shanks specifically and could do it with someone else who needs to do something), have Ace and Jinbei team up in any mode 3 times and win and win Battle Colosseum (A Rank - you probably have this done).

Akainu? I can't remember that well now... I got him already. I recommend that you look at the katakana (if you see something that looks like a name you saw) in the requirements and feel your way through, I pretty do that to be honest.
>_> See what I said about my memory. Sorry about that.

I'll have another update up in not too long, perhaps covering the character combat, I never really thought that character unlocks would need to be listed as by the time anyone cared I assumed it would be localised... >_>
Get The Wonderful 101!

thelastgogeta
7 years ago#8
Ignore what I said about Akainu moments ago, I found his unlock profile in the list.
You need to... Um, the only one I can read for sure is you have to beat Akainu with Ace (so play a mission which has Akainu in it, if you look at the mission list - Has a Den Den Mushi image - after you beat the Ranks, the last one which isn't an SP Match but is a battle with the dark blue Battle Box has you fight him and Aokiji).

The other two requirements. I'm sure one of them is tied to setting enemies on fire, 90 of them or 90 times. Basically go to Mass Battle, use any one who has fire attacks casually like Usopp's Firebird Star or Ace and you will get that done.

The other one? I think it is tied to special moves (6 of them), but really can't say anything else for sure. Hopefully you have that done.

Good luck.
Get The Wonderful 101!

thelastgogeta
7 years ago#9
I guess in another world I would be disappointed but I just have to say it now... Whitebeard is incredible. Is he as fun as the agile characters? Well no... Not in the same way, He doesn't have a jump and he instead stomps on the ground, the camera hovers from above making him feel even more overwhelming and...

I think he is one of the only boss character to get their entire moveset represented even if it wasn't as interesting as Lucci's or the crew. He makes stomping noises as he runs around (which reminds you that he NEVER MOVED AS A BOSS which you fight - at least as far as I remember >_>)... Imagine if he did, he would be amazing.

The next post will be a big one... I hope.
Get The Wonderful 101!

Ambrose69UYA
7 years ago#10
Is there local co-op in this game? I want to be able to play with my friend. Is this possible?
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Unlimited World Red
  3. The Japanese update for the 3DS and HD version released - Information Thread
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A