You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham Knight
  3. Bomb Rioter Glitched? Shows on Mini-Map, Switch Disabled?

User Info: Vegetaman

Vegetaman
3 months ago#1
Playing this on PC via Steam but only the PS4 board seems to have people on it anymore.

Northeast Bleake Island. The bomb rioter shows on my mini-map after interrogating a thug, but the switch pad is disabled. Same things as in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDvFhjBRiEE

I have found threads going back to 2015 talking about this issue. Doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff to try. I'm about 30 hours in and I'm sure whatever I did to cause this was hours upon hours ago. So unless anybody knows of a way to re-trigger the pad or fix this issue, I think I'm about to just rush the ending and forget all sidequests and collectibles say screw it to 100% completion.
"If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words."
Resident Child of Doom | LZA Founder - 2001

User Info: HarryKe0gh

HarryKe0gh
2 months ago#2
Hey Vman,

I've not come across this particular glitch before. I'm on PS4, Ill try to help you if I can.

You say the riot bomber your having problems with is located on Bleake Island - North East, there are 3 riot bomber locations on Bleake Island. However, non of them are in the NE. Id say all 3 are in Chinatown district:

1. 1651, 2222 Sharpe$ bookies rooftop
2. 1914, 2176 Gantry (nr. Bank of Gotham)
3. 2032, 2380 Jazzman music shop rooftop

The referenced video clip shows the location as Maigani Is. but I guess you used it to show what was glitching/happening.

Can you tell which one you are having problems with now?
Always be yourself... unless you can be Batman

Vegetaman
2 months ago#3
It's the bomb rioter at 1650, 2218 on Bleake. The TV is there, the riddler pad is there, but there is no "?" in the circle and stepping on it doesn't trigger the event. But if I view my mini-map, I can see the bomb rioter listed on it from interrogating a riddler informant. Same problem as the youtube clip, just a different spot.

The game exists in some weird state because I had the last bomb rioter show up for me in Miagani island and Riddler says "can you save the last one?" even though I should have two left due to the one on Bleake Island. So the mini-map and riddler trophy page shows it incomplete, but the game world itself seems to think it is done. Some trigger got screwed up somewhere, I guess.

HarryKe0gh
2 months ago#4
Just wondered are you playing normal story mode? (not NG+), whats your story complete %
Also how many riddles have you collected?

Vegetaman
2 months ago#5
Just fired up the game and checked.

Normal Story Mode.

111% Complete.

156 Riddles Solved.

HarryKe0gh
2 months ago#6
Mate you are almost there anyway!

Have you tried NG+? If not then do so, go check if the riot bomber location is still the same?

Vegetaman
2 months ago#7
HarryKe0gh posted...
Mate you are almost there anyway!

Have you tried NG+? If not then do so, go check if the riot bomber location is still the same?

Unfortunately I have read too many other people say that if you wind up where this riddle doesn't work in the regular game it also won't in NG+ because they're already mistakenly bugged as complete. I tried the usual fixes too, like standing on the pad and trying to do the mission anyway, or running over all the people in the area. I spent a good 2 or 3 hours trying to get the pad to work or reset the area, and I have given up hope at this point. Le sigh. :/

HarryKe0gh
2 months ago#8
I don't think there is anyway to reset it.

I also don't see what you have to loose going to NG+ to check (if its screwed, then its...)

Only thing you could maybe try? You say you have 156 riddles solved - can you account for the other 87? Maybe less by the time you read this...
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham Knight
  3. Bomb Rioter Glitched? Shows on Mini-Map, Switch Disabled?