• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
dragoonslayer12 7 years ago#1
I've been playing for over an hour, and while the game is decent, the controls are horrible. I purchased a CCP XL just for this, and the right stick feels like all they did was tack on the "A, B, X, Y" controls onto it, without compensating for the spaces in between. It's half-a**ed. It really drags down the experience, and I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to flaws in gaming (I mean, I like Devil May Cry 2). I hope they correct this, cuz if they keep it as is, they mite as well remove the compatibility.

A few more rants, but only 1 needs correcting. The graphics are sub par, the cinematics look as if ripped from a ds game (since it's a remake, wouldn't surprise me), the scan lines make it look worse, and the "monitor" view scan lines are horrible, both with 3d on and off, especially on. The last part has to be either removed or have 3d turned off, cuz I haven't had eyestrain with 3d on since the 1st fifteen minutes of playing the 3ds when it first released 3 years ago, and I play every game with it on full.

Thoughts? How's your experience fairing?
Proud Family of Gamers, me and my kids
KFHEWUI 7 years ago#2
Loving the game so far. As for the controls, I am using the stylus which works perfectly.

Only issue I have so far is the dialogue can be heard to hear in the cut scenes.
R.I.P. SaikyoMog! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-seAIeu3Og
"Me and my swole chihuahua are about to blow you away, Becky," Anya Forger, SPYxFAMILY.
vattodev 7 years ago#3
I'm using the stylus too and it works like a charm. It's probably the best option for FPS since the mouse and wii remote.
About the scan lines, yes, it hurts. I hope they patch it out.
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
PortableXombie 7 years ago#4
They were ripped from a DS game. This is the DS game just tweaked a bit for the 3DS.
Currently Playing: Lifeforce, Progear, Capcom Arcade Stadium
Into shoot'em ups? add me: SW-7245-6574-5217
Scars420 7 years ago#5
I'm actually glad that I finally ended up buying this game last night because it was just a nice little FPS sci-fi game that is worth the time. Plus, the fact that the rest of the episodes are 1.99 each was just enough to convinced me to buy it. If it was like $4.99 or higher then I would ignored it.

I'm curious how much the whole package will cost when it's on sale in the future since I bet some gamers are waiting for all the episodes to be released before buying it. Then even eventually there will be a sale before season 2 is released.
TatsuSuou 7 years ago#6
I'm playing with the CCP XL as well and find it absolutely awful. If you try to move the look stick diagonally it's extremely slow but if you move left or right it goes way too fast. It's very hard to actually aim at enemies and I end up just adjusting my trajectory and strafing left and right hoping I hit them.
Feel The Ether
http://backloggery.com/Mayadome
stop3 7 years ago#7
The stylus controls are perfect. That's the way to play.
dascylus 7 years ago#8
TatsuSuou posted...
I'm playing with the CCP XL as well and find it absolutely awful. If you try to move the look stick diagonally it's extremely slow but if you move left or right it goes way too fast. It's very hard to actually aim at enemies and I end up just adjusting my trajectory and strafing left and right hoping I hit them.

Yeah, I've been getting a lot of comments about how unresponsive the controls are if you use the CPP or face buttons compared to the stylus. Apparently there are no options to adjust the sensitivity of the crosshairs (which is mandatory for an FPS, fyi), leaving you either dealing with the slowness of the controls or swapping to using a stylus.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A