• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. What is with this game?

User Info: BigChungus2008

BigChungus2008
2 months ago#1
What’s up with the toxic players? People who insta kick no matter what gear you’ve got on, AFKers everywhere, people who refuse to join certain quests even when it’s not their hall…

Why? If you’re hosting a lobby, be there to play with people! Stop kicking randoms if the hall is public! Jeez, I can’t even play one session without seeing these types of people.

Any stories you like to share? Or maybe some insight into these players?
I like slugs

User Info: legendrider

legendrider
2 months ago#2
People like that have been in the game since forever, so it's not surprising.
You either get lucky with randoms, or actually play with people you've organised sessions with.
Don't play just to win, play for the fun of it.
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196, FGO: 480,137,400

User Info: 1499

1 month ago#3
There are people who treat this game more like a social game than a Monster Hunter game. I've never played VRChat or Second Life but I imagine the etiquette is similar.

The antics that people get up to on 4U are especially interesting because I have never seen this behavior on GU or Rise. Although to be fair, I rarely go into lobbies with randoms on Rise. It really does feel like some very strangely specific subset of, like, kids whose parents got them a 3DS instead of whatever else is on the market and, by virtue of not really being fortunate enough to have other devices, treat their 3DS and copy of 4U as one of their main social avenues. That's really the only thing I can think of since 4U has better communication than most 3DS games but is so much worse than any actual messaging/social media system. But that's my speculation

If you want to hunt with other people who would be willing to play 4U, send me a message. My friend runs an MH Discord server and I'm sure he'd be happy to play 4U again. This goes for people other than TC as well

User Info: Stories102

Stories102
1 month ago#4
1499 posted...
There are people who treat this game more like a social game than a Monster Hunter game. I've never played VRChat or Second Life but I imagine the etiquette is similar.

The antics that people get up to on 4U are especially interesting because I have never seen this behavior on GU or Rise. Although to be fair, I rarely go into lobbies with randoms on Rise. It really does feel like some very strangely specific subset of, like, kids whose parents got them a 3DS instead of whatever else is on the market and, by virtue of not really being fortunate enough to have other devices, treat their 3DS and copy of 4U as one of their main social avenues. That's really the only thing I can think of since 4U has better communication than most 3DS games but is so much worse than any actual messaging/social media system. But that's my speculation

If you want to hunt with other people who would be willing to play 4U, send me a message. My friend runs an MH Discord server and I'm sure he'd be happy to play 4U again. This goes for people other than TC as well

Do you mind giving me a helping hand? I’m going to be getting mh4u in a few days and after I’ve made some progress in the village, I wanna try the online and get to g rank and stuff, any tips for someone like me starting out? (Though this isn’t my first rodeo with monster hunter, I’ve played world,rise,generations,gu and the stories games)

User Info: MH_VOID

MH_VOID
1 month ago#5
Stories102 posted...
Do you mind giving me a helping hand? I’m going to be getting mh4u in a few days and after I’ve made some progress in the village, I wanna try the online and get to g rank and stuff, any tips for someone like me starting out? (Though this isn’t my first rodeo with monster hunter, I’ve played world,rise,generations,gu and the stories games)
Honestly, the single best tip I could give is to go in blind and take it slow if you want the most enjoyable experience.
Discord:VOID#5119|Steam,Epic,YT,Reddit:MH_VOID
huge open-source advocate and proponent of free speech. Future gun collector. Strongly anti-political correctness

User Info: Stories102

Stories102
1 month ago#6
MH_VOID posted...
Honestly, the single best tip I could give is to go in blind and take it slow if you want the most enjoyable experience.
👍🏼
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. What is with this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

Where are Gore Magala's feelers? Side Quest4 Answers
Why is Nersyclla too OP? Enemy/Boss5 Answers
Where can I find Powderstones? Side Quest5 Answers
How do i get White Fatalis quest? Enemy/Boss3 Answers
How do I beat the Gore Magala? Enemy/Boss9 Answers