• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. How do I kill Gogmazios solo?

User Info: JDavidC

JDavidC
4 years ago#1
This guy is a serious pain, and can hit even harder than Rajang, which is the bane of my existence. Also, the one time I tried to use demolisher against him (had to look up how to do it online), it missed completely! Is it worth using Wyceum Ballista Ammo/Dense Marcoal against him solo?
3DS FC: 3093-7112-3992
SW FC: 0066-3244-3242

User Info: ryokayin

ryokayin
4 years ago#2
Did you skip the info on how to use the Demolisher? Yes, it is worth it if you can land the shot (same with the Dragonator on his back assuming it it doesn't land in an unusable spot). I think you'll see the target zone where the Ballistas line up to pin Gog down.
If you think you have it, you don't...
If you think you don't have it, you still don't.

User Info: SirLolme

SirLolme
4 years ago#3
If you aren't using a fully optimized set...prepare for a long ride...my recommendation is to focus your set in full offense and learn to dodge it's attacks.

Use IG and mount spam. This will help you reach it's Head and give you some time for whatever you need.

To use the demolisher solo, prepare the cannon at the left (from the entrance) side, use the hook of the same side to pin Gog into the target zone, rush to the cannon, get in position and pray Gog hasn't moved.

Ballistas are only for times when Gog is too far away, so chasing it is a waste of time) or flying out of reach.
FC 1848 2542 7827

JDavidC
4 years ago#4
It's been too long since I did the tutorial that's only explained once, which is why I had to look it up online. I recently attempted Gogmazios, only to end up having to complete via subquest because I ran out of time due to swapping to an item set and forgetting about super ballista ammo/marcoal and hadn't even reached the 'You're winning' music part of the fight yet. I also ended up whiffing a dragonator attack which didn't help matters.

I can't use IG because I don't know how to use it, and I don't have any IGs for that fight. I only use GS.

Now I'm out of Mosswine Jerky and I'm going to have to wait until the stores can sell it at half price. *sigh*

User Info: Momolante

Momolante
4 years ago#5
If there was no music change and Gog did not fly at all, then that means you did not even cut off half of its hp. You need to reach that point by 25 minutes or the hunt is a bust. A specific setup is needed to kill that thing, and you can't waste time getting hit either. If you get hit often enough for healing item stock to be a concern, then again, the hunt is a bust. What is your set.

If you don't want to use another weapon, and if you don't even have the resources for something like mosswine jerky, I would urge you to reconsider whether soloing it is something you really want to do, because at this rate, it will probably take you weeks of attempts to manage to kill the thing.

User Info: Caliginosus

Caliginosus
4 years ago#6
Momolante posted...
If there was no music change and Gog did not fly at all, then that means you did not even cut off half of its hp. You need to reach that point by 25 minutes or the hunt is a bust. A specific setup is needed to kill that thing, and you can't waste time getting hit either. If you get hit often enough for healing item stock to be a concern, then again, the hunt is a bust. What is your set.

If you don't want to use another weapon, and if you don't even have the resources for something like mosswine jerky, I would urge you to reconsider whether soloing it is something you really want to do, because at this rate, it will probably take you weeks of attempts to manage to kill the thing.

Yes, Gog is one of the strongest monsters in the game.
Even experienced players can take quite long to beat him.

As long as you don't have a very good set and weapon, you will most likely fail due to running out of time.

Best would probaly to get some help online.
What is positive, very small and meows? A cation. *ba-dum-ts*
Admin and the official Jho Whisperer of the Apex Predators.

User Info: Frozeneye23

Frozeneye23
4 years ago#7
It's only more difficult the further away from an optimized set you are. I tried soloing him with GS the first time as well, but was still too bad with it at that point and did it with an LS set with Challenger +2, Honed Blade, Latent Power +2, CE+1 ... and some other stuff I can't really remember, but it was far from optimized.

But I soloed 'Act of Gog' with GS later, so I'll try to use my experiences from that time to explain what I did.
First of all; I didn't go for Demolisher, but for every Dragonator shot I could afford and the ancient Dragonator from his back. However, that's only because I didn't want to use Demolisher, it' probably wiser to use it.

On first phase, I stayed between the hint-legs and tail, CritDraw-ed there as much as I could. Went for charges whenever I could anticipate him staying still, like after mayor attacks or while attacks which wouldn't hit me where I was. Whenever he went for one of the swiping moves I went under his belly where it wouldn't hit me, while also dodging the falling tar by looking at the shadows on the ground.

I went for every binder to get more staggers. On every stagger, I went on attacking the harder to reach areas, especially the back (to get the ancient dragonator), the chest and the head.
Other than hint-leg/tail attacking, dragonators, binders and dodging tar/attacks, that's all I did on first phase.

The phase-change is kinda mid-fight, but I don't think it's entirely important to hit it at the 25min point.
I hit it at 17min left and still won the fight in the end. There are two reason for that imo:
1.: He's cowering himself with tar a lot more (often?) in second phase, which apparently makes him more vulnerable to attacks (raises the hit-zone values). So you essentially do more damage on second phase.
Also; Challenger +2 shows its benefits in this phase.
2.: He's actually way easier to constantly triple Charge him in this phase imo, because he uses those laser attacks A LOT in this phase. These last just long enough to get triple Charges in on the wing-arms or other places you wish. At least I thought my attacks got way more consistent in this phase.

Only down-side of that phase is that the annoying tar switches to actually dangerous explosive tar, so dodging the tar-drops by watching the shadows on the ground actually gets a lot more important.
I failed the quest a few times, because that explosive tar just got me way to often. You pretty much have to learn where it drops and keep away from those places at that time.

The usually important GS skills like CritDraw and Focus are self-explanatory. Challenger +2 is especially good in this fight. I'm not sure about Weakness Exploit, it's probably not worth it, considering the hard to reach weak-points. Rock Steady is cool, but probably no must-have. Quick Sheath/Sheath Control are very useful, but is more of a luxury to have. Honed Blade is one other good damage-skill to have, but difficult to get at the point in the game where you're at, but it is possible.

That's all I can remember at this point. Also, healing cats may help as well.
Karma Charger is watching you!

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
4 years ago#8
The most important thing for Gog is learning how to see what attacks he's doing from underneath. Stay below him and hit him in the legs/tail (arms when he's on his hind legs doing the laser) non-stop, if you stay by his hind legs he doesn't have much that can hit you without moving away. He has endless HP but he acts like a punching bag once you're used to him, so remember to stay on the attack as much as you can. If he body slams, you can avoid it if you're near his hind legs by just rolling towards his tail (his lower body doesn't really have a hit box). Roll towards his tail avoids a lot of his stuff when you're under him, really.
Meow!

JDavidC
4 years ago#9
Momolante posted...

I'm using:
Cera Cymmetry (Attack honing)
Skull Visage
Kaiser Mail X
Diablos Vambraces X
Vangis Coil X
Velociprey Greaves X
Fast Charge +5 OOO talisman

Skills: Critical Draw, Sheath Control, Sharpness +1, Focus, Cold Surge

As for the mosswine jerky, I was finally able to get half-price on items so I could buy it at a reasonable price, instead of its usual price.

User Info: Momolante

Momolante
4 years ago#10
JDavidC posted...
I'm using:
Cera Cymmetry (Attack honing)
Skull Visage
Kaiser Mail X
Diablos Vambraces X
Vangis Coil X
Velociprey Greaves X
Fast Charge +5 OOO talisman

Skills: Critical Draw, Sheath Control, Sharpness +1, Focus, Cold Surge

See, that's decent, but not optimized. Sheath Control is useless for Gog. The other 3 skills are the bare minimum for GS anyway. It's possible I guess, but I guarantee that it's simply much easier with other element-heavy weapon classes, because Gog is extremely weak to dragon and not particularly weak to raw.

Still, if you didn't reach phase 2, you got a long way to go. Can't say much more than that.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. How do I kill Gogmazios solo?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A