• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. How to feed your kinsect 101

User Info: Jimdb

Jimdb
6 years ago#1
As I have been seeing a lot of confusion about how to grow your kinsect, I'll try to sumarize the explanation I have given in another topic in this board.

KINSECT STATS

Kinsects have 3 main stats:

Power
Stamina
Speed

And elemental stats below these.

The three main stats start at a base of 60. While elemental stats start at 0.

Now on to nectars...

NECTARS

Sweet, sweet nectars, the juice that fuels our kinsect.

There are several types of nectars.

Power+, Stamina+ and Speed+ Nectars are the main ones you want.

You can get these exchanging them for points from Wycoon,

Then you have the elemental variants, that add elemental stats and main stats as well. Which in my opinion, are totally useless, since your weapon will be the one doing all the elemental damage you need.

Each nectar adds and substracts certain points, and in order to evolve your kinsect you have to reach certain thresholds on certain stats. I'm sure you guys will have heard about the Extender Kinsect, right? I'll talk about him later, basicly you can only obtain him if you use nectars in a very specific order, because of how they work.

If you use nectars recklessly, you can fall short of those minimun required points, rendering your kinsect impossible to be upgraded fully, and basicly scrweing up your Insect glaive

NOTE: Kinsects and Glaives are ONE, if you screw up your kinsect, you will have to remake your IG from scratch!

The leveling system for a kinsect is a funny one. Every time you feed your kinsect a nectar, you are adding GROWTH points, these points make the experience bar of thekinsect go up. To level up the kinsect, you will need a certain amount of GROWTH points.

Let's settle this right here and right now. GROWTH points are NOT equal to STAT points. When you use a Power+ nectar, for example, you are adding 2 growth points to power, these 2 growth points alone, will NOT raise the stat.

Stats raise once you have used enough growth points, and they rise in bulk, never 1 by 1.

Lets break down the important nectars that you need and what they raise and lower, for times sake, I'm just going to use the main stat nectars without elemental changes, so you understand the growth system and can then experiment on your own.

Power+: Power +2 Speed -1/Fire -1
Stamina+: Stamina +2 Power -1/Water -1
Speed+: Speed +2 Stamina -1/Thunder -1
Power++: Power +5 All elements -1
Stamina++: Stamina +5 All elements -1
Speed++: Speed +5 All elements -1

Remember, these numbers are GROWTH points. Not STAT points.

Each nectar fills up a certain amount of growth points., So you can actually use a lot of contrary nectars, end up with crap stats, and have used enough growth points to be able to level up your kinsect, but because you did not meet the minimum stats necessary for the kinsect to evolve, you won't be able to evolve it to the next form, so it will stay the same even if you level it up.

That is why recipes use nectars in a very specific order, so you do not lower an important stat required for unlocking the evolution you desire for your kinsect.

Once you EVOLVE your kinsect, having reached the minimum threshold required, that stat will never lower. So, for example, you use Power nectar to get to 96, which is a required stat for the second power kinsect evolution. Once you evolve it, 96 will be the new minimum, so when you use stamina nectar, the power stat will never go under 96.
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF

Jimdb
6 years ago#2
PRACTICAL EXAMPLE

As an example, the Extender Kinsect, there are two ways to get to him, and I will explain them both as an example.To get the extender kinsect, you need to get your kinsect to level 10 with 96 on all three main stats. MINIMUM.

This is achieved following one of these two paths

1) feed Power+ Nectars until you get Power STAT to 132, each time you have enough GROWTH points to level the kinsect up and upgrade the glaive, do so. Always choose the kinsect with the highest power stat requirement

Since power+ nectar lowers speed, you want to use this one before using any speed nectar. each time you have enough GROWTH points to level the kinsect up and upgrade the glaive, do so. Always choose the kinsect with the highest power stat requirement

Then you use Speed+ Nectars till you get speed STAT to 96, which is the minimum required, and since speed nectars lower stamina, no harm done, no stamina used yet. each time you have enough GROWTH points to level the kinsect up and upgrade the glaive, do so. Always choose the kinsect with the highest power stat requirement

In the third place, use Stamina+ nectars till you get stamina STAT to 96. BUT since stamina lowers power... you will end up with 114 power, 96 stamina and 96 speed.

This is perfectly fine though. You pumped extra power nectars to maximize your kinsect after you evolve him to the extender bug.

After getting the extender kinsect, just feed the kinsect with speed+ nectars to reach 150 speed, and that's it!

2) Same as above, but different thresholds.
Feed power+ nectars until you get to 96, speed till you get to 114 and stamina till you get to 96.

Upgrade to the effect extender kinsect and feed speed+ nectars till you get to 150 speed, and then power++ nectars till you get to 114 power.

General Example or TL/DR:
Just to sum up , you need to use X amount of points for the kinsect to level, Each nectar adds to that amount of points but also lowers stats. When a nectar lowers a stat, it does not lower the points used on the stat lowered.

MINIMUM stats are 60 for the three main stats and can NEVER go lower than that.

NOTE: Stats only raise when certain amount of points are used on it, they do not raise 1 by 1, so if you use one power+ nectar, the STAT wont go up, but the points DO count towards the total XP of that level.

If you use power+ nectar, you get 2 points to power, but power stays at 60, until you keep using some more, the stat does not actually go up.

So for example, lets say the kinsect needs 20 points to level up.

You use 3 power+ nectars and 7 stamina+ nectars. Each nectar adds 2 points to the XP bar of the kinsect. You will now have 20 points total.

Breakdown:

Use power+ nectar, raise 2 points on power, use another one, 2 more points on power, no stat change yet, use the third one, 2 more points to the XP bar and finally the stat raises to 65 (all these numbers are an example).

Now use stamina+ nectar. Each one of the 7 will add 2 points to the experience bar, but will lower power, so you will end up with 60 power (as if you had not used power nectar at all) and lets say 70 stamina, for example, though, the points that you used for power STILL count for the experience bar of that level. You just used the nectars wrongly, thus negating the power gain from the nectars and still making them count towards the total experience count.

Once you reach certain thresholds though, you will be given the option to evolve your kinsect, The new MINIMUM will then be this new threshold. So you can evolve to a new power type kinsect and change the kinsects appearance once you get to 78 power I think, this will make 78 the new minimum, and even if you use stamina nectars, power will never go below 78.

You have to check the points used, when leveling, not only the stat gains.
You want bugs go play Lost Planet. This is war boy, no bugs or liberals allowed.
-Nick_GF

User Info: kumorixLoveless

kumorixLoveless
6 years ago#3
Should just posted the video of the guy explaining this.
PSN: Tofuman2021(Japanese) & Tofuman22 (U.S)
3DS FC: 5000-2002-8067 IGN: Charlotte/Tofuman

Jimdb
6 years ago#4
kumorixLoveless posted...
Should just posted the video of the guy explaining this.

Doesn't the guy just explain the recipe though?
-Nick_GF

User Info: crunchy612

crunchy612
6 years ago#5
Sticky requested. The video doesnt explain mechanics.

I think im ready to use the ig now.
Now Playing: MH4U, Dragon Age II
Just because you learned to stop suffering from the pain doesn't mean you no longer feel it. -Cross Heart

Jimdb
6 years ago#6
I have to organize the second post better, but I'm not home yet. This is all compiled from questions I answered on another topic.
-Nick_GF

User Info: Naszrador

Naszrador
6 years ago#7
I rather read this instead of always looking up a video. Its far better having it written down in english for once
FC:4098 - 4514 - 3048

User Info: dazbuzz

dazbuzz
6 years ago#8
Make the weapon (base)

5 Power+ (69/60/60)

3 Power+ (69/60/60)

Level Up Bug

5 Power+ (78/60/60)

3 Power+ (87/60/60)

Level Up Bug

3 Power+ (96/60/60)

5 Speed+ (96/60/69)

Upgrade Weapon (Top option, the bug with Kinsect Attack Up (S))

5 Speed+ (96/60/78)

Level Up Bug

5 Speed+ (96/60/87)

Level Up Bug

5 Speed+ (96/60/96)

Upgrade Weapon (Top option, the bug with Kinsect Attack Up (L))

5 Speed+ (96/60/105)

Level Up Bug

5 Speed+ (96/60/114)

Level Up Bug

9 Stamina+ (96/78/114)

Level Up Bug

9 Stamina+ (96/96/114)

Upgrade Weapon (SECOND OPTION - VERY IMPORTANT - BUG WITH Kinsect Attack and Stamina Up (L), Extract Efficacy Up (S) and Extract Extend & Affinity Up)

Speed+ Until bug is at 150 speed

Finish off with as much Power++ as you can

Someone on Reddit posted this. Seems accurate.
id rather reign in hell, than serve in heaven.
MH4U: Bladed HR: 7 FC:1177-9636-9773

Jimdb
6 years ago#9
dazbuzz posted...
Make the weapon (base)

5 Power+ (69/60/60)

3 Power+ (69/60/60)

Level Up Bug

5 Power+ (78/60/60)

3 Power+ (87/60/60)

Level Up Bug

3 Power+ (96/60/60)

5 Speed+ (96/60/69)

Upgrade Weapon (Top option, the bug with Kinsect Attack Up (S))

5 Speed+ (96/60/78)

Level Up Bug

5 Speed+ (96/60/87)

Level Up Bug

5 Speed+ (96/60/96)

Upgrade Weapon (Top option, the bug with Kinsect Attack Up (L))

5 Speed+ (96/60/105)

Level Up Bug

5 Speed+ (96/60/114)

Level Up Bug

9 Stamina+ (96/78/114)

Level Up Bug

9 Stamina+ (96/96/114)

Upgrade Weapon (SECOND OPTION - VERY IMPORTANT - BUG WITH Kinsect Attack and Stamina Up (L), Extract Efficacy Up (S) and Extract Extend & Affinity Up)

Speed+ Until bug is at 150 speed

Finish off with as much Power++ as you can

Someone on Reddit posted this. Seems accurate.

Will include this on second post, nice breakdown!
-Nick_GF

User Info: Baptiejames

Baptiejames
6 years ago#10
Bookmarked this because it's super helpful.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. How to feed your kinsect 101
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A