• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. Are the ace hunters for real?

User Info: Stanemac12

Stanemac12
6 years ago#1
The way they introduce them is like they are the 4 greatest hunters that ever existed. Yet all of them combined can't take out the Gore Magala? I get that for story purposes, this is a new monster so maybe they are completely not used to fighting something like it, sure.

So I do the mission to save them, and I just lose even more respect for them. There is a boulder and 5 velociprey show up and the one ace hunter is like "WHOA what are we supposed to do, its velociprey!" I killed them in literally 2 hits each. Then on the next screen there are 3 congas, and I take them out and the ace hunter tells me how impressive it was that I defeated conga.

Just how weak are these guys in reality? Could they not have made them a little bit more worthy of the name "ace hunters"? They have literally leeched from me more than anyone online has so far. Why did they need to portray them as such pathetic hunters?

User Info: Groadergreen

Groadergreen
6 years ago#2
They wanted to preserve presence of leechers and people getting carried even in the offline story mode.
GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE...

User Info: tiathecat

tiathecat
6 years ago#3
To make the player feel like they have improved significantly.

User Info: HappyHippo04

HappyHippo04
6 years ago#4
Story telling has never been the MH games strength.

User Info: kukingina2

kukingina2
6 years ago#5
yea storymode is pretty BS

later this also happens

people are like panicking about a greater terror than an infected deviljho spotted in the woods, and yet it goes down quicker than a most monsters when you finally fight this "grave threat".
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047 PSN: bmwrp8

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
6 years ago#6
Lol, I just did that mission a few hours ago. But yeah, my thoughts exactly. They talked crap on me when they introduced themselves. But they couldn't do anything against the Gore with the 4 of them. Meanwhile. I just had 2 cats.

It didn't feel like it was that long between meeting them and defeating Gore, so all it did was annoy me, rather than making me feel like I got stronger.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: Aceviper

Aceviper
6 years ago#7
The Ace Gunner is pretty good

when she goes out hunting solo, she gets things done easy and quick

its not her fault that she has those triple carting noobs Ace Commander and Ace Lancer with her

User Info: Isaac20

Isaac20
6 years ago#8
nonexistinghero posted...
It didn't feel like it was that long between meeting them and defeating Gore, so all it did was annoy me, rather than making me feel like I got stronger.

To be completely fair, weeks or months are supposed to have passed since you signed up as the Caravan's hunter. Every hunt is at least one day.

Aceviper posted...

its not her fault that she has those triple carting noobs Ace Commander and Ace Lancer with her

Every time characters refer to the Ace Commander as constipated, I can't help but think of Johnny Sasaki in the MGS series. Constipated minions are a serious issue.

(Though admittedly, Johnny kind of has the opposite problem from constipation)
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'"
- Isaac Asimov

User Info: KrazJ

KrazJ
6 years ago#9
Aceviper posted...

User Info: Byuusetsu

Byuusetsu
6 years ago#10
Palicos>>>human hunters that aren't you, basically
2017 PWB Great Balls Champion
PSN and Steam - Byuusetsu
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
  3. Are the ace hunters for real?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A