• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  3. How to utterly break this game (easy exp gain trick, exp locations)

User Info: khalahaley

khalahaley
4 years ago#1
Right, do this at your own risk, it'll turn leveling completely trivial. Oddly enough, that hasnt made me lost any enjoyment in the game, I'm loving it even more >.>

Early game high exp locations:
Hagurumon's request sidequest, the dungeon here give mad exp, if you finish the quest, the dungeon's gone.
Golden Cup colosseum, tons of exp, when you reach the boss battle, just lose intentionally, since winning will make you progress to the next cup.

Anyway, there are a bunch of things you can do to increase your exp exponentially, some easy, some take time, but mostly pretty easy. Combined, they are godly.

Here's what you do, you know the platinum turds? PlatinumSukamon, i'm just gonna call them patinum/turdmons for my posts. Hagurumon or Tsumemon line can turn into them. They come with a passive ability that increases exp gain. The thing is, they stack. Just take two turdmons and a strong monster in your party, and try the golden cup or any random battle really, you'll already see a difference. When the turdmons are strong enough, you can actually fight with the three and level the ones in the backrow easily, with all 3 turdmon's effects stacked.

Now, you can increase this even further. There is this item called "Gunshi no USB/Strategist's USB" that does the SAME effect, and ALSO stacks as well. Getting this is the most annoying part, its dropped by the platinumturdmons late in the game, or you have to have your digifarm develop for it, with atleast two items that increase development equipped to the base(that's what has worked for me) and setting the price to 1000. You can save right before the notification mail comes, and reset till you get it. However, I believe its one of the rarest item you can get, so expect possibly HOURS of soft resetting for this if you go for it. You might get lucky and get it early too, who knows. You get 2 each time.

Anyway, the turdmons also happen to be able to hold 2 items, so 3 turdmons all equipped with this USB....you do the math. Took me just a few runs( under 30 mins) to get my final form mons to 99 no problem >.> It's madness!

So yeah, platinumturdmons or those USB, or both for maximum profit~

Remember, do it at your own risk! It really makes leveling pathetically easy!
fish

khalahaley
4 years ago#2
For developing, make sure the leader's set as a developer type, and if anyone knows good lategame exp locations, feel free to add~
fish

User Info: asdfgfdbadfdf

asdfgfdbadfdf
4 years ago#3
How does the researching work? How does the whole farm even work in the first place? Is there a guide somewhere?

khalahaley
4 years ago#4
In the farm, you can train for stats, develop to make items, or go on investigation to get find subquests(I think hagurumon's appears if you do that, but dont quote me on it), or find items, all taking real time. For training, it'll up the stat of whatever the leader's type is. For developement and investigation, you'll want the corresponding type for maximum effect(and minimal time).

Also, research is not the correct term i guess, its more like inventor...but yeah, when you invent, set the digimon to inventor type, makes more sense. My bad.

*EDIT - develop makes more sense...what was i thinking, edited things to reflect it~
fish

asdfgfdbadfdf
4 years ago#5
khalahaley posted...
In the farm, you can train for stats, invent/research to make items, or go on investigation to get find subquests(I think hagurumon's appears if you do that, but dont quote me on it), or find items, all taking real time. For training, it'll up the stat of whatever the leader's type is. For research and investigation, you'll want the corresponding type for maximum effect(and minimal time).

Also, research is not the correct term i guess, its more like inventor...but yeah, when you invent, set the digimon to inventor type, makes more sense. My bad.

This is some valuable information right here. :D the "inventor" is the one that let you choose 100, 1000 or 10000 yen, correct?

khalahaley
4 years ago#6
Yeah, and this USB only appears in the 1000 one, not the higher, it seems.
fish

khalahaley
4 years ago#7
As for training for stats, I believe there's an upper limit, I think 50 default and then more depending on the talent(the number that increases each time you digivolve/devolve) number, so you cant max stats or anything I believe.
fish

asdfgfdbadfdf
4 years ago#8
and how does the training work, let's say if I were to put an "attack" leader and go under "inventor". Would my other digimon gain any attack stat while the "inventor" timer is going ?

P.S: We really need a sticky for newbie player.

khalahaley
4 years ago#9
if you put an attack leader and start developing, I think you'll just get an average item, they wont get any stat addons. You only get stat adds if you do training.
fish

khalahaley
4 years ago#10
For added stats for training, what I've noticed is that you get bonus stats for the leader type, as well as the digimon's own type both.

And sorry for all the editing and corrections I do, I make a lot of mistakes XD
fish
  1. Boards
  2. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
  3. How to utterly break this game (easy exp gain trick, exp locations)
  • Topic Archived