• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Jigoku-hen
  3. now im curious, do people in JP complain about this game too?

User Info: Xtreme-Void

Xtreme-Void
5 years ago#41
face only pilot and less pilot cut scene,
reuse of Dancougar Nova battle scene,
low quality battle scene,
this is the most lazy SRW I know for technology like PSVITA/ PS3
Even MK3 better than this let alone SRW OG2 PS3

The only good thing about this game is custom BGM.
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer

User Info: genIon

genIon
5 years ago#42
There are more than 2 developments team:

Portable SRT and 3D: AI Studio (GBA, DS, 3DS, A Portable, 64, GC...), Sazanami (64, GC, NEO, Operation Extend...).
Main SRT: B.B. Studio (Alpha series, MX, OG1-2 ,OGs, OG Gaiden, Z series, COMPACT series, Scramble Commander series, Infinite Battle ).
Classic and Masou Kishin: Winky Soft (Classic SRT, F/F.2, Shin, Masou Kishin series...).
OG2 PS3: TOSE
PSN: Eriksharp // PSN JP: ZGundamKamiiyu
Playing now: Amagami Ebikore+ VITA, Kidou Senshi Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost PS3, Tales of Xillia 2.

User Info: StriderTuna

StriderTuna
5 years ago#43
I didn't say there were only two TOTAL but two big name teams, i.e. the ones who make the most famed games (like Z and Alpha)
"Let's just take it easy and agree to disagree when it's debatable, not when facts are involved.." - Me

User Info: greeeed

greeeed
5 years ago#44
StriderTuna posted...
StriderTuna posted...
I think it's more the other way around as OG games cost less than non-OG. That is why people bring up 2ndOG sales

I think it's a massive case of PS3 hypeback/lash mixed with some things faring worse comapred to the PSP games (and even the DS games). That and how long it took (IIRC It didn't take long for W to appear on the DS since J was on the GBA)

That and there isn't too much restriction in attacks from the looks of things, sure there's some iconic themes to the finishers but that's about it. I mean Terada loves his Alpha Strikes/Trump card attacks.

Well maybe there are two teams but at this point the OG team and the Z team are considered SRW A-list teams, with the Nintendo portable bunch and Neo/OE being lesser entities.

MIA series: (correct me if I'm wrong)

Originals (save for the Sciencist chick from Z2)
Every Z1 series save for Zeta, Orgus, GSD, Big O
Z2 series:
Dancougar
Movie E7

even GSD have many MIA characters
only Kira and Shin here instead of at-least Kira, Athrun and Shin
but in Z1 we can play as:Kira, Athrun, Shin, Lunamaria, AA, Eternal...etc
Shocking Alberto X 5 years ago#45
greeeed posted...
even GSD have many MIA characters
only Kira and Shin here instead of at-least Kira, Athrun and Shin
but in Z1 we can play as:Kira, Athrun, Shin, Lunamaria, AA, Eternal...etc

Those characters are actually in the game though, they're off doing plot stuff and show up in dialogue. They'll be back in Z3-2 obviously.
3DS FC: 1177-6989-5829

User Info: hakennanbu

hakennanbu
5 years ago#46
Kraker2k posted...
I get the feeling this game had a lot of development trouble.
It feels pretty much like the Z2 games.
I have a feeling this was originally planned to continue on the PSP, but was forced to get on to the Vita (It doesn't help the fact Z2 was meant to continue on the PS2 but was forced to get on to the PSP) - when it got on as a Vita game, they were also then forced to create a PS3 version of it. Hence why people have complaints for the PS3 version since it is a Vita port, not the other way round.

So in essence you are playing a downgraded PS2 game ported to the PSP, re-ported and upscaled to the Vita then reported to the PS3. No wonder.

THIS.
This is what I exactly thought. I mean, even with many things Z2 had it still didnt reach the maximum size of 1,6 GB. They could easily release Z3 in PSP but they didnt because of piracy.
Currently have no sig

StriderTuna
5 years ago#47
That and due to this being Quasi portable and having plenty of series crammed.... yeah. This resulted in some reductions starting with Z2 in terms of fully playable (various characters still appeared as part of assist attacks in Z2)
"Let's just take it easy and agree to disagree when it's debatable, not when facts are involved.." - Me
Shocking Alberto X 5 years ago#48
StriderTuna posted...
That and due to this being Quasi portable and having plenty of series crammed.... yeah. This resulted in some reductions starting with Z2 in terms of fully playable (various characters still appeared as part of assist attacks in Z2)

Honestly, though, I don't mind some of this. I don't want to field a whole wad of crappy characters. Sometimes, it can make them cooler/more useful/more interesting attacks than.. the Astray Bunnies, for example. That started earlier than Z2 I'm pretty sure. I know this is a divisive issue, but I don't entirely think boiling it down to more interesting characters / attacks by integrating them is necessarily a bad thing. But then I don't want to field a bunch of generic units, either, so that's a taste thing.
3DS FC: 1177-6989-5829

StriderTuna
5 years ago#49
one case where it was inverted was sort of aggervating: Making Todou's flunkies playable when they were better off as an assist attack in Z2-2. That space could have been used for Graham or Takami in his comically overgunnned mech.

User Info: jonnovision1

jonnovision1
5 years ago#50
StriderTuna posted...
one case where it was inverted was sort of aggervating: Making Todou's flunkies playable when they were better off as an assist attack in Z2-2. That space could have been used for Graham or Takami in his comically overgunnned mech.

I'm not necessarily annoyed by it, but I think it was a weird decision, but really all they were doing was replacing Tamaki and Ohgi since they were in the Ikaruga for 2.2
3DS FC: 3695-0270-7045
Delibird/Bergmite/Piloswine
  1. Boards
  2. Dai-3-Ji Super Robot Taisen Z Jigoku-hen
  3. now im curious, do people in JP complain about this game too?
  • Topic Archived