Making Saves (Schnapps Potions)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  3. Making Saves (Schnapps Potions)

User Info: bkwf

bkwf
4 months ago#1
Ingredents

1 wine, 1 Nettles, 2 Belladonna. Phail/Potion bottle..

Prep.

Boil the nettles in the wine, 2 turns.
Grind 2 belladonna.
Mix with the wine and nettles for 1 turn....

Your need an empty potion bottle to fill with the schnapps potion.

I just pick this up from you-tube video so can't take the credit...but its very helpful i suspect.

User Info: Takuru

Takuru
4 months ago#2
Nice, thanks.

Very stupid mechanic. It doesn't add to the difficulty at all, it just frustrates when I just want to stop playing and do something else but I'm not doing story quests and thus have no access to auto-save points.
http://i.imgur.com/VVjK4D2.gif

User Info: AltusJ

AltusJ
4 months ago#3
Takuru posted...
Nice, thanks.

Very stupid mechanic. It doesn't add to the difficulty at all, it just frustrates when I just want to stop playing and do something else but I'm not doing story quests and thus have no access to auto-save points.

Sleep. Beds are save points. They are everywhere.
PSN: Altus_Janitorius
I have a vest. If I had my arms cut off, it would be a jacket.

Takuru
4 months ago#4
AltusJ posted...
Takuru posted...
Nice, thanks.

Sleep. Beds are save points. They are everywhere.

You don't have access to beds while exploring in the field and most beds in the game are owned by someone, meaning you will get in trouble for sleeping in them.

Again, it's an archaic mechanic that adds nothing of worth to the game and needs to be patched away.

AltusJ
4 months ago#5
Takuru posted...
You don't have access to beds while exploring in the field and most beds in the game are owned by someone, meaning you will get in trouble for sleeping in them.

Not in areas that aren't private. Every single town has beds you can sleep in.

It's the same mechanic used in FO4 and Skyrim survival modes, and since this is game is intened to be of the survival type, it is easy to understand why they chose this.

I get that people like to save at their own discretion, but the game isn't geared toward that crowd. Maybe the game isn't for you.

That said, save on exit would be nice.

User Info: bluewolf51313

bluewolf51313
4 months ago#6
I'm tired of seeing posts about the saving. They did it like this to keep people from save spamming. So that they would have to deal with the choices they made, or if they got arrested or got killed, they cannot just load up a save from 5 seconds ago. It's made to be a realistic game.
But now I heard that so many damn people complained, that they might be changing it in an update. What a joke. The save system is fine, and made to not be so easy as to be able to save every few steps
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton

AltusJ
4 months ago#7
bluewolf51313 posted...
I'm tired of seeing posts about the saving. They did it like this to keep people from save spamming. So that they would have to deal with the choices they made, or if they got arrested or got killed, they cannot just load up a save from 5 seconds ago. It's made to be a realistic game.
But now I heard that so many damn people complained, that they might be changing it in an update. What a joke. The save system is fine, and made to not be so easy as to be able to save every few steps

This guy gets it, although the schnapps thing is stupid. It should just be beds. Save at the Inns.

Takuru
4 months ago#8
bluewolf51313 posted...

Then have an optional difficulty option that removes manual saving like XCOM. It's not hard.

AltusJ
4 months ago#9
Takuru posted...
It's not hard.

Neither is using the options included.

User Info: Smackems

Smackems
4 months ago#10
I'm fine with the saving system if there weren't infinite loading screens and the fact that half the time when you sleep it doesn't even save anyway. People are acting like just because it's working well for them means it's perfect for everyone else. It is fundamentally flawed because so much can go wrong. I remember having this same argument when Fallout 4s survival mode came out.

Anyway, where can I find some belladonna?
Common sense is the most uncommon thing in the world-some dude.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  3. Making Saves (Schnapps Potions)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived