• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  3. Whoever came up with the saving system should be drawn and quartered

User Info: MonkeyDLuffy

MonkeyDLuffy
10 months ago#1
Seriously, it’s THE most counter intuitive and player unfriendly system ever. And and given that this is a kickstarter game, didn’t ANYBODY from the gaming community see any problem with this years ago? I’m glad I’m playing this on PC because I can probably use the console commands to do ‘manual’ saves but this isn’t fair for console players
"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!" Ned Flanders' mom

User Info: robill18

robill18
10 months ago#2
Agreed
Ghost ride the unicycle.

User Info: thedude3372

thedude3372
10 months ago#3
*Slams fist on table* "here here!"
I couldn't agree more, it's very frustrating to have to run back and forth to a bed to save in between every segment of a quest.
A game like this that's just positively oozing player choice needs a more conventional save system, it hinders the desire to experiment when you realize you're going to have to go through segments over again when your plans fail. Or to just mess around.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. " Christopher Hitchens.

User Info: bluewolf51313

bluewolf51313
10 months ago#4
It's actually kinda makes things interesting. It does auto save every once in awhile. Sleeping in a bed saves( and come on, a total lack of beds) and then the saviour schnapps liquor saves anyplace(which you can be given to u, stolen, bought, made with alchemy) and also has the added bonus of giving you multiple bonuses- which is great, use schnapps before going into a heated enemy camp. Get to save and have hella bonus and being drunk.

I think nowadays, games are too easy. Gotta think in this game, I love it. And in reality, if you don't happen to save by schnapps or bed, which should be regular anyways, auto save isn't more then 20 mins back mist of the time. It auto saves everytime a npc gives you a new quest or activity, main story auto saves pretty regularly.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton

User Info: JohnnyCage1933

JohnnyCage1933
10 months ago#5
I'm kinda hoping Warhorse will relent and add more ways to save in the future... I know on the weekend when I'm more than a few beers deep I'm going to lose some damn progress!!!
psn: TaNkBuStA40
White Sox 2017!! Win more than 70 games!!!

User Info: gamingdevil800

gamingdevil800
10 months ago#6
bluewolf51313 posted...
It's actually kinda makes things interesting. It does auto save every once in awhile. Sleeping in a bed saves( and come on, a total lack of beds) and then the saviour schnapps liquor saves anyplace(which you can be given to u, stolen, bought, made with alchemy) and also has the added bonus of giving you multiple bonuses- which is great, use schnapps before going into a heated enemy camp. Get to save and have hella bonus and being drunk.

I think nowadays, games are too easy. Gotta think in this game, I love it. And in reality, if you don't happen to save by schnapps or bed, which should be regular anyways, auto save isn't more then 20 mins back mist of the time. It auto saves everytime a npc gives you a new quest or activity, main story auto saves pretty regularly.

I've lost an hour of progress once due to the game crashing...

User Info: bluewolf51313

bluewolf51313
10 months ago#7
gamingdevil800 posted...
bluewolf51313 posted...

I've lost an hour of progress once due to the game crashing...

Ouch, I'm really sorry about that. I have yet had a single crash. - knock on wood.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." George S. Patton

User Info: vhiran

vhiran
10 months ago#8
JohnnyCage1933 posted...
I'm kinda hoping Warhorse will relent and add more ways to save in the future... I know on the weekend when I'm more than a few beers deep I'm going to lose some damn progress!!!

most likely they'll cave
inventor of the CHILL raid run.

User Info: WernerWolff

WernerWolff
10 months ago#9
Yes me too,i’ve make a complaint on their official forum about this autosave. And they said this is what the communities want to avoiding a player for save-spamming.
Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat

User Info: MonkeyDLuffy

MonkeyDLuffy
10 months ago#10
WernerWolff posted...
Yes me too,i’ve make a complaint on their official forum about this autosave. And they said this is what the communities want to avoiding a player for save-spamming.

I understand the logic behind the idea but I just think it's not practical in a game like this. When you look at games like Elder Scrolls, the devs would be crazy do something like this because of how unstable the game was initially. Save spamming is also a choice that should be left to the gamer. Anyway, thank god I'm playing this on PC, I can look forward to the console commands
"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!" Ned Flanders' mom
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  3. Whoever came up with the saving system should be drawn and quartered
  • Topic Archived