• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dr. Luigi
  3. No story mode?!?!

User Info: Quiet451

Quiet451
7 years ago#1
I understand that the original Dr. Mario was built the same way where you could chose a level and speed, but I was hoping for more with Dr. Luigi. I think a story mode would have been cool where you cure certain patients from the Mario universe, with cut scenes and all. The final level would be curing Mario.
Why is there tape on your nose?

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
7 years ago#2
I dig that idea you have.
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: chillv

chillv
7 years ago#3
Yeah, that would be cool and add a little bit of charm to the game. However, we were never expecting anything like that since this is basically a rushed title and it shows.

User Info: KirbyKollector

KirbyKollector
7 years ago#4
If you want a story mode, pick up Dr. Mario 64 on the N64. It's actually tragic that they never put that on Virtual Console; it's the best and most feature-rich Dr. Mario game. Even disregarding story mode, you could say every version after it has actually gone backwards since DM64 had four-player mode! Why doesn't this have four-player mode!?

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
7 years ago#5
Eh, l had a feeling this would be a lackluster effort with Luigi shoehorned in after how poor Dr. Marios have been since the GBA.

User Info: BlueInfinity

BlueInfinity
7 years ago#6
To be fair, Dr. Mario 64 was a full priced retail game.

This is a $15 eShop game with 3 unique modes, with 3 different game types each, and online mode with 4 unique leaderboards.

I think it's fine for what it's offering at the price point, but I do agree it's a little sad how there hasn't been a Dr. Mario to the scope and size of 64.
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
  1. Boards
  2. Dr. Luigi
  3. No story mode?!?!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A