• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors
  3. Ghirahim and Zant are playable due to fan feedback

User Info: magic_kid

magic_kid
5 years ago#1
In the newest issue of GameInformer, they have a preview of Hyrule Warriors, including some choice quotes from Hayashi on the game. While most of what he says isn't really news, they do ask him about how fan feedback has affected the game, and I think that warrants reposting here:

Yosuke Hayashi said...
For one, we now have Cuccos in the game. They will appear in battle, and you'll have to see for yourself what will happen. In addition, we've made characters like Ghirahim and Zant playable. We originally thought of them strictly as enemy characters, but went this route in response to people who wanted to try playing as them, too.

Note that he says "characters like Ghirahim and Zant," instead of just specifying those two. While I wouldn't say it's anything definite, it does give further credence to Cia and her posse being playable.
I'm sure I'll think of a witty signature someday.

User Info: RotomGuy3

RotomGuy3
5 years ago#2
That's interesting. It could either confirm Cia, or more enemies from the eras.
My 3DS FC - Rotom: 3308-5985-4794
Pikmin Franchise = Best Franchise -~- Currently Stalking: SSBWU & MK8

User Info: SinisterSamurai

SinisterSamurai
5 years ago#3
The word, "like," as it is used here is interchangeable with, "such as," or, "for example."
The world was built by sociopaths, men willing to send a million innocent boys into battle to be chopped to screaming giblets, all so a banner can be raised...

User Info: S_U_Perhero

S_U_Perhero
5 years ago#4
Well, there goes what little faith I had in the "Ganondorf leads a third side instead of being the evil that corrupted Cia" theory.
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda. People who agree: Too high to count.
Malon's number one fanboy

User Info: cutiepie-pogo

cutiepie-pogo
5 years ago#5
Hopefully they listened to everyone crying for Groose as well.

User Info: EichiroNobunaga

EichiroNobunaga
5 years ago#6
Why would you even admit they weren't playable in the first place?

They easily managed to make them playable. Saying "nah, we weren't gonna do that at first" just makes you look bad. Don't get me wrong, I'd have been fine if they weren't, but I don't think this is a good way of trying to say you listen to fans.
"Ponies." - Ares

User Info: HerofJustice

HerofJustice
5 years ago#7
I hope im wrong but to me that further solidifies that Cia, Valga, and Wizzro are NOT playable. Ghirahim and Zant are on the player side on the official japanese website, ane the other three are enemies.

Like I said im REALLY hoping im wrong, but I dunno the way he said it kinda makes me think.
Cia's number one slave/ under her spell.

User Info: EichiroNobunaga

EichiroNobunaga
5 years ago#8
Ghirahim and Zant were also on the villain side before.

Cia, Valga, and Wizro could all be switched as well.
"Ponies." - Ares

User Info: S_U_Perhero

S_U_Perhero
5 years ago#9
HerofJustice posted...
I hope im wrong but to me that further solidifies that Cia, Valga, and Wizzro are NOT playable. Ghirahim and Zant are on the player side on the official japanese website, ane the other three are enemies.

Like I said im REALLY hoping im wrong, but I dunno the way he said it kinda makes me think.
Nintendo of America still hasn't deleted the Tweet chain that listed Cia as a playable character. And they said "Characters like Zant and the other guy" instead of just saying Zant and Girahim. I'm not worried yet.
Majora's Mask is the best Zelda. People who agree: Too high to count.
Malon's number one fanboy

User Info: JaidynReiman

JaidynReiman
5 years ago#10
HerofJustice posted...

S_U_Perhero posted...
HerofJustice posted...

Nintendo of America still hasn't deleted the Tweet chain that listed Cia as a playable character. And they said "Characters like Zant and the other guy" instead of just saying Zant and Girahim. I'm not worried yet.

This exactly. Sorry, I think they're all playable. If they were able to easily make Ghirahim/Zant playable, they were able to make Cia, Wizzro, and Valga playable pretty easily as well, and Nintendo of America never deleted the tweet saying that Cia was playable. So yeah.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors
  3. Ghirahim and Zant are playable due to fan feedback
  • Topic Archived