• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. 7 Days to Die
  3. Well A18.2 already sucks...

User Info: TheFixer7148

TheFixer7148
1 year ago#1
Why? Cuz now I got these little white dots that keep rapidly appearing and disappearing into existence on the roads and other terrain. Anyone else have this?

Also increased the lockpick break chance by 10%. Effing really? They break too much to begin with! Just use an augur. AND they nerfed gas in loot. Barley find much of that stuff anyway and now I'll find even less?

Really I could go on and on but we'll be here all day. So far the only thing TFP are trying to do is make me uninstall this game. And I'm pretty close to doing it too!
"shoots a baby while nearby people gasp" ....what? Babies creep me out. "Aims at another baby" Rock-a-bye BANG!

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
1 year ago#2
Now that you finished venting...

Nerfed gas in _loot_? Dig oil shale. While you won't start harvesting as much, between maxed out mining perks and books - digging out oil shale with an auger yields roughly a 100:1 gas produced to gas used to mine ratio. But if you want to loot more gas set your loot percentage up to 150% or more.

Read the Heist books. Buff up your lock pick skill.

Never seen white dots, but I get graphics texture glitches playing on friend's game that I don't see playing solo games on my rig. Might be an issue on the server side if you are not playing a solo game on your own machine. This is the same guy who has a better GPU and more memory than I have, and a roughly equivalent CPU, but his framerate will randomly tank to 7 - 8 FPS. On his own server, while the worst framerate drop I've had off of his game is down into the upper 40's. On every other game server, or solo game, I get a butter smooth 60 fps experience. *shrugs*

But in his game, I get POI's getting extra layers of opaque, but non-clipping blocks/surfaces that often cover doorways or holes. I don't mind them on the OUTSIDE of buildings so much, I can usually figure out where the doors are (though barbed wire and spikes can sometimes get me for a few HP). But it is a REALLY nasty surprise when you step into an elevator shaft thinking that the roof of the elevator is at floor level.... But there's no elevator there, just one of those damned ghost surfaces... When you don't have Parkour maxed. Or Impact Bracing. And there are rocks at the bottom, not hay bales...

But he's seriously considering rolling back to 17.4 until 19 rolls out because the frame rate issue happens to him on other games as well. So there is *something* in his setup that just isn't working well with the engine in a18, and several of us "tech-heads" have tried throwing everything in our various playbooks at it and nothing, so far, has addressed the issue.

But as much as I enjoy the game, I know it isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea. Hell, even _I_ would love to see a18's graphics on a16.s mechanics... Give me back my hatch elevators dammit! But it's the nature of the game right now. It's _ALPHA_ - mean the devs are going to try out new things and see how they work. Things that don't work, or get a lot of complaints may change or disappear in the next alpha release. *shrugs*

I don't like what Bethesda is doing with Fallout 76. Frankly, in my worldview, it sucks ass. It isn't the co-op/multi-player Fallout 4 we were promised:
No world chat for trading or bossfight/raid party hook ups. No TEXT CHAT (wt_actual_f, Bethesda)?
Random server assignments EVERY EFFING TIME you log in? ? ? Why are we supposed to spend all those Atoms on camp goodies when you have at least a 50/50 chance of your camp not placing because someone else built in that spot on the server you just got assigned to?
With only 24 players on a server, why the hell can't you get your inventory management to handle effectively infinite loot?
And speaking of 24 players to a server, WHY IN GOD'S NAME ARE THEY NOT LEVEL MATCHED? Dear Sweet Jeebus, for playbility/survivability, you don't put level 1-10's on a PvP server with level 200's...
Oh, now you can have private games, if you pay for the privilege. f*** you, Bethesda. That would be a big NOPE! Should have done it like Steam does multiplayer games and had that built in from the start, and part of the game we bought. Not as a added costs-more-to-have-a-private-game-than-the-original not-so-effing-MICRO-transaction...

I was the last (of the group of people I used to play Fallout 76 with) to quit the game. I gave it months. I TRIED to like it. It's so pretty. But they took a great game idea and totally FUBAR'ed the execution of it.

So I do understand if you aren't happy with a18. It really does not play the same as a17. But then a17 was totally different from a16. And a16 left the console player in the dust since a15 was the last console update by TellTale Games... So go to the 7D2D settings in Steam > Properties > Beta tab > scroll down the list of experimental versions and select the 17.4 build, and roll that sucker back. And when 19 rolls around you can update to see if they changed it to something more to your liking.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

Evil_Geoff
1 year ago#3
18.3 seems to have fixed the graphics issues for me.

But now I am getting CTD's rather frequently If I have Discord running. *sighs* I can play, or talk... play or talk...
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

Evil_Geoff
1 year ago#4
Update to the update:

Nvidia Geforce drivers seem to have been my issue with 18.3. The game is not optimized AT ALL, and I had earlier versions in GeForce Experience optimized for "Quality" as opposed to optimized for "Performance". When the November driver update rolled out, EVERYTHING went to ultra, mega, maximum settings, and killed my GPU usage.

Updated to the December driver release and went with custom settings to find a decent balance between "Quality" (meaning maxed out graphics) and "Performance" (meaning crap graphics for highest frame rates). Game looks good even if my load distances aren't at the edge of visible space... *LOL* And no crashes.
  1. Boards
  2. 7 Days to Die
  3. Well A18.2 already sucks...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A