• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. Randomly died to last boss? (Spoilers)

User Info: TheBLD

TheBLD
3 months ago#1
No, this isn't about the first phase's gimmick. I was on the last part of phase 2. I've got benevolence mist set up, which has so far always completely healed the scratches my OP level 99 team has taken during the fight. Until one turn the boss wipes my party in one attack, using IIRC Ruin, which was the attack I thought it had been using this whole time?

To be more specific, one of the hand's attacks one-shot 3 of my party members from full health and left the other very low, and the next hand attacked to finish them off. I might have my attack names confused because it all happened so suddenly, but I'm pretty damn sure it was just the same attacks as always. And you can still check the bottom screen after death, which displays the buffs/debuffs, and I didn't see anything out of placed. I didn't miss some crazy buff/debuff attack or anything.

I'm going to see if I cant' run through it again, but can anyone explain what the f*** just happened? I don't mind difficulty, but it's not really fun to get wiped by the same attack that's only tickled you a dozen times previously and left to wonder what the hell you were supposed to do differently.
01067-72704
92980-02562

User Info: TheBLD

TheBLD
3 months ago#2
With a better understanding of the fight, I got back to that part pretty quickly. Still suddenly died in one round to the same bulls***, though. I can confirm it's just the same attacks he does every round.

The only thing I can think of is that "ruin or salvation" move where damage becomes proportional to defense or some s***, but he does that earlier in the fight too and not nearly to the same results - besides, this time I decided to use Pirate skills to lower both defensive stats of all 3 body parts.

I could kill the hands, that's a viable option, but they come back quickly, and so I don't think I'll ever be able to actually progress in the fight unless I know when I have to kill the hands before they seemingly-randomly wipe me.
01067-72704
92980-02562

User Info: RocketZXblue

RocketZXblue
3 months ago#3
this isn't the heaven's order thing that tells you to hit your own party?
yeah i'm stumped and i played the boss through on hard mode never had that happen
i think start using re-raise
maybe lower the physical/magical attack of the enemy too
and focus on murdering the hands or multi target hits in general.
This boss seems rather weak at first. His fists attack for OK damage, but |
| use up full 4 BP. The head mostly casts Dispel. However, this guy can use |
| Bravely Second to deal some damage when it feels like it - and can do so at |
| pretty bad times. Keep yourself healthy and prepared for such onslaughts. |
| His arms can get buffed to deal devastating damage, and deal heavy one when |
| they respawn as well. The fight starts easy, but does not keep that way. |
| Keep your focus on the main part and only destroy arms when tey get buffed. |
| Always keep an eye on your BP so you can get rid of them. As the boss is |
| Inorganic, Knuckles work very well, especially Hadean Claws which aim at |
| both the racial and elemental weakness.

3DS FC: 4098-2370-5638 Rocket2049 (please PM if you add me or I won't add!)
PSN name: RocketZXblue (say you're from gamefaqs or i won't add)
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. Randomly died to last boss? (Spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A