• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. So anything else got censored on EU version?

User Info: Dark_Felix

Dark_Felix
4 years ago#61
megatonante posted...
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...
So basically you experienced this just for that particular sidequest?
Is it possible that it may be a bug?

No, it happened for other sidequests too, i haven't seen the full picture of this yet as i haven't finished the English version but i'm 100% sure that what should have been there at that point is no longer there, it was structured that way in the Japanese version and now in the English version they've changed the structure of it, so far.

I have experience of just the first side quest, the one regarding the RedMage and the Thief. Siding with the Red Made, the game told me a specific consequence, that desert people will suffer.
So in this case too, in the japanese version, the outcomes are different?

I sided with Thief and it was different to the Japanese version, I would have to see the actual scene play out for the Red Mage side to know if it differed.

Let's see, I did a bunch of youtube video comparison, and assuming that this game will also have some kind of loop, the thing is that in the english version they will give you at your first fight with the two asterisks of a side quest the "final" ending: the ending that you'd get the second time you'd face them in the japanese version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnXq83H98Tg&feature=youtu.be&t=58m52s
In the final speech Edea has decided, while in the japanese version she seems to still be uncertain.

Basically the original game was supposed to give you at the first fight a non-definitive ending, with still uncertainties in the party, while giving you a definitive decision the second time around, where you are given the chance to change your decision based on the outcome you received the first time. This way we get four endings that are in some way interchangeable.

Is this correct even with other side quests? please try to be spoiler-free if you can, while you can confirm to me that there will be loops involved, I knew that from the start.

Everything you've said is correct including the sidequests.

User Info: megatonante

megatonante
4 years ago#62

In which chapter are you given the chance to fight for the second time asterisks?

I think this COULD be a bug. I don't really see a reason for censorship here.

User Info: Goresloths

Goresloths
4 years ago#63
People are actually defending censorship... ugh..

It's simple, you have your opinions but anyone who supports censorship cannot be said to be benefiting the gaming industry as a whole. SJWs have a much bigger effect on the gaming industry than one might realize. They are discouraging localizations and in some cases a developers plans to release a game to the west AT ALL- with something like DOAX3 being not sold here despite the game being in english due to "cultural differences".. Sure, you can import it but the problem is that the more you support censorship the more the developers feel it's appropriate. The more content that is cut. The more watered down a game becomes and still sells. The less of the original game you have. The bigger difference from the great games you use to love becomes.

No i'm not angry because I see less of those characters skin, i'm angry because i'm not getting the original game and having to pay the same price. It's more apparent in games like Fire emblem Fates where entire questlines are removed from the game-(this literally changes the entire context as a core storyline device) and it's not acceptable. The idea of wanting to buy a 60 dollar game then nearing the release of it- finding out minigames(which in FE:fates case actually DID have an effect on gameplay due to buffing the next battle) storylines(WHY??) and even rude words(really? The ESRB rating is there for a reason, are we really getting offended at this stuff?) is really disconcerting and would definitely make me far less hyped for the game.

If you're going to cut content and water down the game then it only makes sense to lower the price. And for those that say it's like a book where only the front cover is changed and the contents remain the same... no it's not like that because it depends what you're playing the game for. If you're playing the game for the original content then you might as well be reading a book with blank pages. Definitely not buying this game nor will I continue supporting Nintendo of Americas way of localization. Lately they've just made the most insulting changes.. Instead i'll be supporting those developers that don't give two s***s about the cries of the SJWs who wouldn't play the game in the first place and keep their creations true to their own vision and not the vision of what they think westerners(not their audience) want or don't want to see.

Dark_Felix
4 years ago#64
megatonante posted...

In which chapter are you given the chance to fight for the second time asterisks?

I just rechecked the ones I've done so far and found 1 of the sidequest had Edea questioning her decision, the rest was 2nd ending.

2nd fight happens in ch5.

User Info: birthright31

birthright31
4 years ago#65
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...

I just rechecked the ones I've done so far and found 1 of the sidequest had Edea questioning her decision, the rest was 2nd ending.

Wait so can you do the exact same quest twice and get the exact same outcome, even down to what is said? The fact that Edea was questioning her decision when you rechecked is making me think if this is some kind of huge bug they completely missed or something, though even then thats not really enough to warrent such a thought, I just can't help but think its a possiblity with that having happened.

User Info: megatonante

megatonante
4 years ago#66
birthright31 posted...
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...

Wait so can you do the exact same quest twice and get the exact same outcome, even down to what is said? The fact that Edea was questioning her decision when you rechecked is making me think if this is some kind of huge bug they completely missed or something, though even then thats not really enough to warrent such a thought, I just can't help but think its a possiblity with that having happened.

I'd say you are forced to fight the asterisk you didn't defeat the first time around, thus netting you the second ending, not seen the first time.

If it's not a bug, they sure planned it really well.

User Info: finalfantasy94

finalfantasy94
4 years ago#67
Gamer_Tactics posted...
Smoking_Hamster posted...
I don't know if it was censored per say, but the collector's edition artbook has been changed slightly.

this is true heres a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTjs6Y67Z4

how the F do you censor an artbook. Jeez whats with nintendo.
In My Opinion:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEHPzU5Zjg2mAoYpeQgMtUw
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Saloz94/762000853842007

Dark_Felix
4 years ago#68
birthright31 posted...
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...

No if you do it the 2nd time you get the 2nd ending which is closure to that side, for example, 1st time you fight asterisk A you get the 1st incomplete ending, and if you choose to fight them again the 2nd time you get their 2nd ending, if you choose to fight the asterisk user you didn't fight the 1st time you get their 2nd complete ending. The only common point between the 2nd ending of both sides is Edea no longer questioning if her decision was the right one or not. The rest of it is different.

User Info: LordNibel

LordNibel
4 years ago#69
KeeseH8tr posted...
I think it's more that they didn't want to punish people who didn't want to do a second playthrough maybe?

Like, think back to what the major criticisms of BD were.

That could be a possibility. Despite there being two endings very few saw the "ignore airy" ending as a satisfying ending and the true ending required the chapter 5-8 repetition which ruined the game for a lot of people. They could have realized that most people only saw the best outcome as valid and as a result they didn't want to gate the good outcomes this time. Bravely Second sold worse than Default in Japan iirc so maybe it was too risky for SE in the west
3ds FC: 2578-3675-6815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgvowvsblKA

User Info: birthright31

birthright31
4 years ago#70
megatonante posted...
birthright31 posted...
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...

I'd say you are forced to fight the asterisk you didn't defeat the first time around, thus netting you the second ending, not seen the first time.

If it's not a bug, they sure planned it really well.

Well at least that wouldn't be a bad idea for something to replace what was there. However, unlike with fatal frame's bikinis being replaced with high detailed Nintendo costumes, what they replace it with is not equal to what they removed.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. So anything else got censored on EU version?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A