• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. So anything else got censored on EU version?

User Info: Dark_Felix

Dark_Felix
4 years ago#51
LordNibel posted...
Ontopic: Is there translated dialogue for the removed cutscenes in the script? I can't see any reasoning for removing side quest endings other than pure laziness.

Don't have time to fully translate this particular scene atm.

Ok so for every side quest in the Japanese version there is outcome A, B, C and D, fighting Asterisk user A will give you outcome A, while you can get outcome C explaining any further past this point will be spoiler territory. If you fight Asterisk user B you will get outcome B, outcome D works the same way as what I mentioned above, spoiler territory.

Spoilers in the video for the Black mage and Ranger sidequest. In this scenario Black mage has outcome A and C, Ranger has B and D

English version, this is outcome C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xymdr1uhOBc&feature=youtu.be&t=58m14s

If you want to watch this scene from the beginning for context then:
https://youtu.be/xymdr1uhOBc?t=12m46s

Japanese version, this is outcome A
https://youtu.be/obbT-ZDP-o4?t=19m27s

Very short summary of what happened in outcome A:
They were trapped inside for 2 weeks
Things that happened inside was written in Yew's diary
Rations ran out on the 6th day
14th day survivors: 9 people 1 animal/dragon
Bahamut dies
Tiz mentions hearing Ominas weep

From what i've played so far, outcome A has been removed from the English version and from a video i watched yesterday where the player chose to fight the Ranger, outcome B was removed and outcome D was shown.

The diary entry of Bahamut also contradicts outcome C in this version, Bahamut is supposed to be alive and yet http://imgur.com/AQwzxPu says otherwise.

User Info: stephanieisit

stephanieisit
4 years ago#52
razisgosu posted...
stephanieisit posted...
razisgosu posted...
stephanieisit posted...
Words = content.
Plot/gameplay = content.

Convenient then that the game also censored quests.

Yep, mentioned that twice already :)

And yet you still call it pathetic to not buy the game when content was altered?

'Twas a fluid discussion that developed.

Is most of the censorship just removing cleavage/crotch shadows or is there a lot more to it? Because I fail to see why you'd refuse to buy it just because they covered up some teenage boobs.

I understand that some outcomes and actual changes to the stories were made, which is something I am not happy with. But changing the costumes to be less revealing? It literally has zero affect on the game whatsoever. Being miffed, fine. Refusing to buy the game? Kinda pathetic.

Pathetic is in relation to the costumes, as I've seen many say they wouldn't buy it after hearing the visual changes rather than the story ones.

Changing the content is what upsets me, so I'm not happy about that aspect. Otherwise, meh.

Just quote myself a thousand times to reiterate what my point was.
A she, not a he.
PSN: stephanever

User Info: LordNibel

LordNibel
4 years ago#53
Dark_Felix posted...
LordNibel posted...
Ontopic: Is there translated dialogue for the removed cutscenes in the script? I can't see any reasoning for removing side quest endings other than pure laziness.

Don't have time to translate this particular scene atm.

Ok so for every side quest in the Japanese version there is outcome A, B, C and D, fighting Asterisk user A will give you outcome A, while you can get outcome C explaining any further past this point will be spoiler territory. If you fight Asterisk user B you will get outcome B, outcome D works the same way as what I mentioned above, spoiler territory.

--------
From what i've played so far, outcome A has been removed from the English version and from a video i watched yesterday where the player chose to fight the Ranger, outcome B was removed and outcome D was shown.

From previous experience with the first game i'm guessing it's something along the likes of A/B being the first story attempt and C/D is going back and fixing your screw ups. If it's something like that i'm going to be sad cause that would have been cool. :( . I don't get what the point of removing those darker parts is when we had things like the Mephilia quest in bravely default.
3ds FC: 2578-3675-6815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgvowvsblKA

User Info: megatonante

megatonante
4 years ago#54
Dark_Felix posted...
LordNibel posted...

Don't have time to translate this particular scene atm.

Spoilers in the video for the Black mage and Ranger sidequest. In this scenario Black mage has outcome A and C, Ranger has B and D

English version, this is outcome C
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xymdr1uhOBc&feature=youtu.be&t=58m14s

If you want to watch this scene from the beginning for context then:
https://youtu.be/xymdr1uhOBc?t=12m46s

Japanese version, this is outcome A
https://youtu.be/obbT-ZDP-o4?t=19m27s

Very short summary of what happened in outcome A:
They were trapped inside for 2 weeks
Things that happened inside was written in Yew's diary
Rations ran out on the 6th day
14th day survivors: 9 people 1 animal/dragon
Bahamut dies
Tiz mentions hearing Ominas weep

The diary entry of Bahamut also contradicts outcome C in this version, Bahamut is supposed to be alive and yet http://imgur.com/AQwzxPu says otherwise.

So basically you experienced this just for that particular sidequest?
Is it possible that it may be a bug?

Dark_Felix
4 years ago#55
megatonante posted...

No, it happened for other sidequests too, i haven't seen the full picture of this yet as i haven't finished the English version but i'm 100% sure that what should have been there at that point is no longer there, it was structured that way in the Japanese version and now in the English version they've changed the structure of it, so far.

User Info: Marcster1994

Marcster1994
4 years ago#56
So does this mean SE thinks we are children too, who can't handle the idea of people dying and negative consequences?
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HystericalGhost

User Info: KeeseH8tr

KeeseH8tr
4 years ago#57
I think it's more that they didn't want to punish people who didn't want to do a second playthrough maybe?

Like, think back to what the major criticisms of BD were.

megatonante
4 years ago#58
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...

No, it happened for other sidequests too, i haven't seen the full picture of this yet as i haven't finished the English version but i'm 100% sure that what should have been there at that point is no longer there, it was structured that way in the Japanese version and now in the English version they've changed the structure of it, so far.

I have experience of just the first side quest, the one regarding the RedMage and the Thief. Siding with the Red Made, the game told me a specific consequence, that desert people will suffer.
So in this case too, in the japanese version, the outcomes are different?

Dark_Felix
4 years ago#59
megatonante posted...
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...

I have experience of just the first side quest, the one regarding the RedMage and the Thief. Siding with the Red Made, the game told me a specific consequence, that desert people will suffer.

I sided with Thief and it was different to the Japanese version, I would have to see the actual scene play out for the Red Mage side to know if it differed.

megatonante
4 years ago#60
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...
Dark_Felix posted...
megatonante posted...

I sided with Thief and it was different to the Japanese version, I would have to see the actual scene play out for the Red Mage side to know if it differed.

Let's see, I did a bunch of youtube video comparison, and assuming that this game will also have some kind of loop, the thing is that in the english version they will give you at your first fight with the two asterisks of a side quest the "final" ending: the ending that you'd get the second time you'd face them in the japanese version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnXq83H98Tg&feature=youtu.be&t=58m52s
In the final speech Edea has decided, while in the japanese version she seems to still be uncertain.

Basically the original game was supposed to give you at the first fight a non-definitive ending, with still uncertainties in the party, while giving you a definitive decision the second time around, where you are given the chance to change your decision based on the outcome you received the first time. This way we get four endings that are in some way interchangeable.

Is this correct even with other side quests? please try to be spoiler-free if you can, while you can confirm to me that there will be loops involved, I knew that from the start.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. So anything else got censored on EU version?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A