• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. So anything else got censored on EU version?

User Info: megatonante

megatonante
4 years ago#41
I just beat the side quest with the Thief and the Red Mage. Sided with Red Mage. Has that been changed too? They told me that the desert people will suffer for the lack of water but I haven't continued with the game yet.

User Info: stephanieisit

stephanieisit
4 years ago#42
razisgosu posted...
stephanieisit posted...
Words = content.
Plot/gameplay = content.

Convenient then that the game also censored quests.

Yep, mentioned that twice already :)
A she, not a he.
PSN: stephanever

User Info: razisgosu

razisgosu
4 years ago#43
stephanieisit posted...
razisgosu posted...
stephanieisit posted...
Words = content.
Plot/gameplay = content.

Convenient then that the game also censored quests.

Yep, mentioned that twice already :)

And yet you still call it pathetic to not buy the game when content was altered?

User Info: BoxerElbird

BoxerElbird
4 years ago#44
Of anything, don't blame Nintendo. It's the ESRB you have to blame. They're strict with what happens with Nintendo games. If all censored stuff was released in America, the game would've gotten an "M" rating instead of a "T" rating.

Besides, there are sexier games out there that you can get! Hows about Senran Kagura? That'll calm you down.

User Info: DukeZero

DukeZero
4 years ago#45
Does this Senran Kagura thing come with native american gunners and moral choices in sidequests? If so, I'm sold.

Jokes aside, we've hit a really sad point in the localization of games if bad ends for NPCs are now inappropriate enough to get censored. Didn't the first game let you pretty much murder every single major NPC in the game throughout multiple alternate dimensions? Am I missing something here? Did those bad ends involve nonconsensual sexual intercourse and the consumption of infants or something?
Knid of lkie ew **** up teh engilsh lagnuage?- Lourde Incarnadine

User Info: LordNibel

LordNibel
4 years ago#46
Spacefrisian posted...
ZaleAcon posted...
What is it with games being dumbed down for the western release, anyway? Are the localization teams really so lazy that they can't even be bothered to finish the translations, or do they earnestly think that westerners are too stupid to comprehend that things can be sexual or tragic? Seriously, between the censorship of this game and Fates, I feel like the localization teams feel this pathological need to scrub games down until they're nothing but a festering pile of outdated memes and terrible dialogue.

Still totally buying this game, though.

Its because there are certain peeps here that scream things without checking, some call those SJW...i call them communists. Its just a precaution so those peeps cant complain about that thing......

But if they want to they will always find something to complain about anyway.

Honestly, do you actually believe people would have been upset about having bad/optional endings in side quests or is this just an excuse to arbitrarily assign blame to people you don't like?

Ontopic: Is there translated dialogue for the removed cutscenes in the script? I can't see any reasoning for removing side quest endings other than pure laziness.
3ds FC: 2578-3675-6815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgvowvsblKA

User Info: zurcn

zurcn
4 years ago#47
SirDood18 posted...
aside from mainstream ones like Zelda/Pokemon since they prob won't get censored.

while I don't know any zelda examples, I'm afraid you need to stop buying pokemon.
they removed the slot machines as it was deemed harmful to children
Don't worry about it. I laugh automatically whenever I hold sharp objects. - Machi - Nagasarete Airantou

User Info: S4lr4y

S4lr4y
4 years ago#48
No one dies in the sidequests, but we are still kill people in the mainstory?(Until the are back alive in the third game... ) That makes perfect sense ^^ Altough i have to say a deathly outcome in the first two Sidequests( haven't seen more ) would be really strange.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
4 years ago#49
S4lr4y posted...
No one dies in the sidequests, but we are still kill people in the mainstory?(Until the are back alive in the third game... ) That makes perfect sense ^^ Altough i have to say a deathly outcome in the first two Sidequests( haven't seen more ) would be really strange.

Considering those people are trying to kill you,it's perfectly justifiable,specially in Geist's case.
DiogoShadowJorg,the official Snow Villiers of the gamefaq boards
And the official Hoshido Corrin of the Fire Emblem Fates Boards

User Info: S4lr4y

S4lr4y
4 years ago#50
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Considering those people are trying to kill you,it's perfectly justifiable,specially in Geist's case.

Main or Sidequest? By the way i don't have any problems with killing people in games. That is one thing i really liked about Default well until i meet the Red in second.... Who should be death just like pretty much everyone else. (Especially the red considering that he is the most evil person in default after oursi and airy )

I only finished two Sidequests and both Fights were only : who is stronger is in the right Fights. I really love how the solve problems in the sidequest. Never forget kids if someone stands in your way or has another opinion then yourself, just beat them up!!!. Violence solves everything.

There may be Sarcasmus in this Post.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. So anything else got censored on EU version?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A