So anything else got censored on EU version?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. So anything else got censored on EU version?

User Info: Dark_Felix

Dark_Felix
2 years ago#11
I'll just copy what i posted in another topic

I've finished the Japanese version and something felt off about the outcomes of the side quests in the english version, I just finished the side quest with Ominas and Artemia and they made a pretty big change with how the outcome works. Hard to explain in more detail without going into major spoilers but i'll try to keep it major spoiler free, read on at your own risk.

So i chose to side with Artemia which resulted in fighting Ominas and Bahamut, at the end of it instead of Bahamut dying they switched over to the side quest ending that comes after a major event further down the story in which it's a good ending for both sides no matter which choice you pick.

Went to look for a video that shows the other option being picked and my suspicions were correct https://youtu.be/RRoMivFKTlU?t=48m39s picking to side with Ominas also gives the good ending version

So basically instead of picking a side and seeing the consequences of your decision being played out you're given a "good" ending regardless, i just went back and checked the events again and this applied to all the ones i've done so far. Can't say i'm a fan of this change as part of the appeal of picking a side was actually seeing the consequences of your choice and then further down the line without going into spoilers "stuff" happens.

Edea also no longer questions herself on her decision which was something that was supposed to happen much much later on

User Info: stephanieisit

stephanieisit
2 years ago#12
rewilo95 posted...
Nappa posted...
I saw this list of censored model data posted elsewhere: http://pastebin.com/xYJKYMVt

Wtf!? You're kidding me. Nintendo censored all of that, including the side quests it seems like. Screw you Nintendo!

I should have pre-ordered Stella Glow instead of Bravely Second: Censored Layer. I'm NEVER again gonna pre-order a game that is being localized by Nintendo. I was going to get Dragon Quest VII and VIII day 1 but I'm gonna wait until we know what changes Nintendo have done to them. If they censor the already censored swimsuits in DQ VIII, well, then I'm NEVER gonna get either of them.

stephanieisit posted...
Is most of the censorship just removing cleavage/crotch shadows or is there a lot more to it? Because I fail to see why you'd refuse to buy it just because they covered up some teenage boobs.

It's called censorship. Some people just don't accept censorship, no matter what it is. I for one wasn't pleased with the changes made to the tomahawk job and was barely fine with it, then we have all this new stuff and it is A LOT and ridiculous to boot. I won't simply accept it but I already had it pre-ordered so I can't do much about it now since I live in EU.

Caring about censorship for the sake of it is just a little sad IMO though.

I understand that some outcomes and actual changes to the stories were made, which is something I am not happy with. But changing the costumes to be less revealing? It literally has zero affect on the game whatsoever. Being miffed, fine. Refusing to buy the game? Kinda pathetic.
A she, not a he.
PSN: stephanever

User Info: razisgosu

razisgosu
2 years ago#13
Its not pathetic at all. Some people don't like unnecessary changes in the games they're paying money for. What is pathetic is calling someone out for what they want to spend their money on.

User Info: Bakelith

Bakelith
2 years ago#14
I usually don't care about censoring but that amount is ridiculous, especially when it's inconsistent (shamanism for hawkeye?).
3DS FC: 3196-3402-9601

User Info: masa8mune

masa8mune
2 years ago#15
razisgosu posted...
Its not pathetic at all. Some people don't like unnecessary changes in the games they're paying money for. What is pathetic is calling someone out for what they want to spend their money on.

sure it's your money, but we also have our own opinion, and I too think it's pathetic.
Doesn't change what you do though or think though.
Hyped for: Persona 5, Xenoblade X, Fire emblem IF, star ocean 5, Tales of Berseria.

stephanieisit
2 years ago#16
razisgosu posted...

... Still think it's pathetic. It'd be like refusing to buy a book because you don't like the front cover. It has nothing to do with the actual content. So I apologise but we disagree?
A she, not a he.

User Info: Kenneth_Writer

Kenneth_Writer
2 years ago#17
stephanieisit posted...
razisgosu posted...

... Still think it's pathetic. It'd be like refusing to buy a book because you don't like the front cover. It has nothing to do with the actual content. So I apologise but we disagree?

Not quite, in this case, it would be closer to changing some descriptions so its slightly less risque.

Still doesn't affect much though, and other than the Hawkeye class, most people probably wouldn't even notice the changes unless they had a side by side comparison.
Currently livestreaming - Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

stephanieisit
2 years ago#18
Kenneth_Writer posted...
stephanieisit posted...
razisgosu posted...

Not quite, in this case, it would be closer to changing some descriptions so its slightly less risque.

Still doesn't affect much though, and other than the Hawkeye class, most people probably wouldn't even notice the changes unless they had a side by side comparison.

In a book, changing any of the words is changing the content. In this case, removing cleavage is literally just changing a couple of pixels on an outfit - utterly irrelevant.

If, for example, the risqué nature of the outfits were INTEGRAL to the plot then yes. There is a slight argument for that in terms of the whole Bravo Bikini censorship. In this case, nah.
A she, not a he.

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
2 years ago#19
the side-quest thing is just odd.

as for the rest of it while it doesn't make the game worse it does feel like things are regressing back to the nes and Snes days in terms of editing sprites etc.
Pear into Peaches!

User Info: rewilo95

rewilo95
2 years ago#20
stephanieisit posted...
Kenneth_Writer posted...
stephanieisit posted...
razisgosu posted...

In a book, changing any of the words is changing the content. In this case, removing cleavage is literally just changing a couple of pixels on an outfit - utterly irrelevant.

If, for example, the risqué nature of the outfits were INTEGRAL to the plot then yes. There is a slight argument for that in terms of the whole Bravo Bikini censorship. In this case, nah.

So if the game was a book and the content in the game was the words, then the changes Nintendo made would have been changing the words making it the same thing. No matter how little of a change it may be it is still changing the original content of the book. So there is no difference between a book with changed words and a game with changed content. The only difference is they're being represented in two different media types.
Currently playing: Corpse Party Blood Drive (Vita) Trails of Cold Steel (Vita) February releases: Megadimension Neptunia V-II (PS4) Bravely Second (3DS)
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. So anything else got censored on EU version?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived