• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. Found a fairly useful grinding method early on.

User Info: Ippongi_Ryuta

Ippongi_Ryuta
5 years ago#1
In Chapter 2, get to Grapp Keep and find the Adventurer/Rest Point on the second floor. Give everyone the Freelancer's "Miscellany" ability and stock up on 99 Phoenix Downs (or as many as you can afford). Initiate a battle and use the Freelancer's Halfsies ability by Phoenix Downing all enemies. Since you will only encounter undead here, this will (hopefully) kill all of them instantly. Repeat until you have exp, pg, and jp that you are satisfied with.

I managed to level up to Level 50 using this method and you can get any job from level 1 to level 5 or 6 extremely quickly, too. Note that sometimes the zombies won't go down. Be sure to keep a stock check on your Phoenix Downs as well as your MP.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel 2, Bravely Second, Monster Hunter Cross, Fire Emblem Fates

User Info: kkusagami

kkusagami
5 years ago#2
get a redmage for bp recovery and hunter to spam berserk ,and make sure you can 1 hit kill anything with physical attack with 20% physical up/eye wolf and etc or adjust it to casual mode ,in this method it will grants u infinity loop of battles and chain until 99 streaks.
3DS LL friend code : 0190-2366-3437

Ippongi_Ryuta
5 years ago#3
You mean Ranger? I didn't get that Asterisk, I went for Black Mage instead.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel 2, Bravely Second, Monster Hunter Cross, Fire Emblem Fates

User Info: Mycrosys

Mycrosys
5 years ago#4
The news system is pretty exploitable and I am not sure why they made it that way ... though at least the multiplier ends at 3.0, so after a couple of battles you only get triple the xp, money and jp - which is still a lot.
3DS FC: 4398 - 9504 - 9275

User Info: Osha

Osha
5 years ago#5
Mycrosys posted...
The news system is pretty exploitable and I am not sure why they made it that way ... though at least the multiplier ends at 3.0, so after a couple of battles you only get triple the xp, money and jp - which is still a lot.

The system in the first game was even more broken, considering you could get bonuses by finishing in one turn, without taking damage and, I believe, finishing with a single move.
Weh

User Info: Brodius

Brodius
5 years ago#6
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...
In Chapter 2, get to Grapp Keep and find the Adventurer/Rest Point on the second floor. Give everyone the Freelancer's "Miscellany" ability and stock up on 99 Phoenix Downs (or as many as you can afford). Initiate a battle and use the Freelancer's Halfsies ability by Phoenix Downing all enemies. Since you will only encounter undead here, this will (hopefully) kill all of them instantly. Repeat until you have exp, pg, and jp that you are satisfied with.

I managed to level up to Level 50 using this method and you can get any job from level 1 to level 5 or 6 extremely quickly, too. Note that sometimes the zombies won't go down. Be sure to keep a stock check on your Phoenix Downs as well as your MP.

I managed to get to round 4, and all party members were on -1, and then enemy attacked. What am I doing wrong? How many rounds have you been able to get to?
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
3DS FC: 1118-0590-0987

Ippongi_Ryuta
5 years ago#7
Brodius posted...
Ippongi_Ryuta posted...

I managed to get to round 4, and all party members were on -1, and then enemy attacked. What am I doing wrong? How many rounds have you been able to get to?

You're not supposed to get past round 3 or 4 at that point, a 3 or 4 battle chain at that point provides reasonable exp and jp, and if you come back to this place at Chapter 5 when the enemies are upgraded, 3 battles is enough to net you 999 JP.

User Info: Brodius

Brodius
5 years ago#8
Ah okay, righto. Thanks.
"Oh no!" He screamed. "Please not again! Have pity! Have mercy!"
3DS FC: 1118-0590-0987

User Info: Dahpie

Dahpie
5 years ago#9
Brodius posted...
Ah okay, righto. Thanks.

Actually you can get it to round 13 ish if you get lucky with your party feeling brave.

Simply use one character to brave 4 times and use phoenix downs. If you're lucky it might only take 1 but its luck of the draw.

With this I usually get to round 5 minimum.
Known dark souls PVP hackers.
Bhadasspop, Chaosgod15, BOSS DeathNinja, B EV1L 1983, Indictmentt, rockazrollaz.

Ippongi_Ryuta
5 years ago#10
I tend not to risk it by going to far with chaining, the enemy can quickly wipe you out with their slice attack if you're really unlucky. Also, don't forget to equip Earthing Rods or Paralyze Immunity.
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. Found a fairly useful grinding method early on.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A