• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. About the Celestial Realm... (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT)

User Info: Dark_Felix

Dark_Felix
6 years ago#11
End game, last boss spoiler.
My interpretation of it.
Think of it this way, you have the realm of Luxendarc then you have the Celestial realm, as Providence mentions in the final battle, you are a resident of the Celestial realm while he is the God of the Celestial realm, while you are a resident of the Celestial realm you are a higher being, able to control or in this case lead and support our heroes towards their goals.

Providence being the god takes control of you and attempts to "delete" all 3 slots of your save data or in other words your memories, thoughts and feelings towards the characters and their world, erasing everything. Yuu however prevents this from happening, you as the player has always supported them, pushing them onwards and this time it's their turn to support you and from there on you work together to bring down Providence.

You were always a part of the story ever since the beginning of the Bravely series

User Info: 19darkdenizen92

19darkdenizen92
6 years ago#12
Dark_Felix posted...

Think of it this way, you have the realm of Luxendarc then you have the Celestial realm, as Providence mentions in the final battle, you are a resident of the Celestial realm while he is the God of the Celestial realm, while you are a resident of the Celestial realm you are a higher being, able to control or in this case lead and support our heroes towards their goals.

Providence being the god takes control of you and attempts to "delete" all 3 slots of your save data or in other words your memories, thoughts and feelings towards the characters and their world, erasing everything. Yuu however prevents this from happening, you as the player has always supported them, pushing them onwards and this time it's their turn to support you and from there on you work together to bring down Providence.

You were always a part of the story ever since the beginning of the Bravely series

This. He literally says you (the player) are a resident of the Celestial Realm.
i5 2500K | Corsair H50 | Sapphire R9 280X | 120GB SSD | 1.5TB HDD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 750W PSU | Cooler Master Elite 130 | ASUS P8H61

User Info: Dork_Vader

Dork_Vader
6 years ago#13
I'm baffled that people don't like the way they did it, it was a really well integrated way to do it, rather than just having a character turn and wink at you or something like "heh, get it, we know this is a game too" I mean, they can't all be Dajjal* from Supergod but where does this "oh man 4th wall breaking is lame I hate it when games do that so it sucked when these games did it" stuff come from?

You're actually woven into the setting as a character and you actually make an appearance in the game, it's not a campy or ironic thing here, which is funny since the game has lots of campy stuff, but that's actually played straight.

*Dajjal has a rather broad perception of things, and when the narrator makes a mistake talking about Dajjal, he turns to you and corrects said mistake. http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b540/Rookie122/Dajal3_zps606fa478.png
This is not a signature.

User Info: 19darkdenizen92

19darkdenizen92
6 years ago#14
Dork_Vader posted...
I'm baffled that people don't like the way they did it, it was a really well integrated way to do it, rather than just having a character turn and wink at you or something like "heh, get it, we know this is a game too" I mean, they can't all be Dajjal* from Supergod but where does this "oh man 4th wall breaking is lame I hate it when games do that so it sucked when these games did it" stuff come from?

You're actually woven into the setting as a character and you actually make an appearance in the game, it's not a campy or ironic thing here, which is funny since the game has lots of campy stuff, but that's actually played straight.

*Dajjal has a rather broad perception of things, and when the narrator makes a mistake talking about Dajjal, he turns to you and corrects said mistake. http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b540/Rookie122/Dajal3_zps606fa478.png

They literally do this in the final fight. I thought it was cool....but they did the whole camera shift and everything.
i5 2500K | Corsair H50 | Sapphire R9 280X | 120GB SSD | 1.5TB HDD | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 750W PSU | Cooler Master Elite 130 | ASUS P8H61

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
6 years ago#15
The original BD celestial player was quite the plot twist.

In fact, it was you the player that managed to break the unending cycle.

User Info: Summonearth

Summonearth
6 years ago#16
I think the reason why some people don't like breaking the fourth wall because either because of personal preference or other kinds of media simply didn't execute it very well.
"Is there any kind of hope for humankind these days."

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
6 years ago#17
Personal preferences. Every time it's done it pretty much ruins the story for me. I'm fine with fourth wall breaking jokes and such, but when it's part of the story/lore it sucks.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!

User Info: Zoel

Zoel
6 years ago#18
I simply don't like 4th wall breaking, because it loses the immersion i have with the game. Of course there are some games did it fine, because it acknowledge it from the beginning, like Kid Icarus Uprising.

User Info: Dork_Vader

Dork_Vader
6 years ago#19
Dear Armok, you don't like it when the game actually uses a plausible and well executed method to include you in the game as an actual component of the plot because you think that makes you less immersed in it?
This is not a signature.

User Info: _Sanaki_

_Sanaki_
6 years ago#20
It ceases being a story and starts being a game really is how I see it. It'd be like being randomly included in Lord of the Rings. Doesn't matter if they try and work it into the story, it breaks immersion.

And Kid Icarus is quite good with it, but it's played for laughs there.
I kept silent, blaming these antics on your ignorance, but I can no longer tolerate your manners!
  1. Boards
  2. Bravely Second: End Layer
  3. About the Celestial Realm... (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A