• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. With Desolation it's easies to obtain the perfect S class freighter?

User Info: Ryo_chan

Ryo_chan
2 months ago#1
Hello

If I remember correctly, the latest update Desolation, added the abilty to customize (at least a little) your freighter, with color change and adding cargo space.

Ooes it means that as long that i find a S Class freighter with a shape that i like, no matter the initial cargo space and color, I can change it to make a perfect freighter with full cargo slots and color that suit my tastes?

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
2 months ago#2
I just finished hunting for a new S rank freighter earlier today.
First thing, colors. They don't seem to work perfectly yet. Black freighters (or dark green if you see them in bright light), don't seem to be editable, nor can that color be used. The actual colors that you can use seem to be a bit off from the regular colors too. They tweaked this a bit in the last update, maybe we'll see more refinement in the future.

As for cargo/technology slot placement, yes, you can eventually fill out every slot so you don't have to worry about initial loadouts so much, but as far as I've seen, the bulkhead item, which prior to the last update was bugged such that you could unlock every inventory/technology slot on the freighter with just one (bug was fixed in the last update), is an uncommon item granted from completing a derelict freighter run, so maxing out freighter storage legitimately will take a while.
Fail, and we all face a tyrannical age of pizza the likes of which sentient life has never known. - Sun'barac, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Shadowbird_RH
2 months ago#3
Ah, forgot to mention. It seems warp range has been retooled a bit, so newly acquired S rank freighters will have a bit of an advantage in warp range. Also note that freighters can have three rows of technology slots, further expanding the capacity for upgrades and upgrade synergy.
Fail, and we all face a tyrannical age of pizza the likes of which sentient life has never known. - Sun'barac, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Ryo_chan
2 months ago#4
Cool infos thanks :)

the color thing is strange, I hoped we were finally free from searching for the perfect color dor freighters.

User Info: Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5
1 month ago#5
3 rows of technology? For what? I thought there was just ~6 different hyperdrive techs.

Shadowbird_RH
1 month ago#6
In addition to the hyperdrive, 6 hyperdrive upgrades, and the Matter Beam, you can now get technology upgrade modules from derelict freighters that improve fleet performance or further improve hyperdrive function. I've also found modules from artifact chests in ancient ruins since the update.

User Info: Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5
1 month ago#7
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, I remember reading about fleet performance being a thing but I didn't know how that worked lol. Looks like I'm gonna have to explore more derelict freighters. I did one but don't remember getting anything other than $$.

User Info: omescythe

omescythe
1 month ago#8
you can choose to get a random fleet performance upgrade instead of a cargo upgrade at the end terminal.

Ryo_chan
1 month ago#9
what's the best way to earn salvaged frigate modules?
Now that I have the S rank freighter that I wanted, it seems the game stopped from giving any new frigate module.

I can only obtain new technology from derelict freighters, but I need frigate modules to unlock the base tech inside space anomaly.

User Info: omescythe

omescythe
1 month ago#10
well salvage freighter modules are probably best bet is just doing the space anomaly missions. derelict freighters sometimes in the crates will have one per freighter. crashed freighter will also sometimes have one in the cargo pods. for crashed freighters you can use the submarine exo to find them with it sonar upgrades.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. With Desolation it's easies to obtain the perfect S class freighter?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A