• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Galactic Core - last step

User Info: Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5
2 months ago#1
So I'm trying to get to the galactic core and can't quite seem to make it. I've looked around online and am still a bit lost.

I'm at a planet all the way near the edge of the galaxy, and the galactic core part of the map points right to the middle, nothing else in the way. I also have a full hyperdrive tank.

The sites I've seen say to just open your galaxy map and set it to galactic core and wait but that doesn't seem to work. I've tried it on my explorer ship (~1390 ly range), my freighter, and my fighter because why not.

Am I missing some random step like hitting X? The galaxy map is confusing...not sure if I'm even setting it to galactic core right. Every time I open it up it's default setting seems to be atlas path.

Or do I need to be on a specific mission? The primary missions I can choose from are "the space anomaly" and "the first traveler," both having to do with Null.

Anyone have any ideas? And be specific please this game's weird about crap like that lol. I can totally see it not working because my map is expanded or because I didn't deselect the system or something (although I've tried all sorts of variations).

User Info: Sala-Draca

Sala-Draca
2 months ago#2
Once you open up the map, it should default to setting a course to the core. Check the top left corner of the screen and make sure it's set to "Galactic Core." Give it a bit to lay out the trail, which takes into account hyperdrive range and what color systems you can go to. Once the trail is laid out, you should see a line leading to your next destination. Click on that system, warp, and you should be on your way.

As for your missions, you aren't far enough along in the story to even need to get to the Core. Keep going with the story before even *thinking* about trying for the Core. You'll be asked later on to go. Just keep doing your missions for now.

User Info: DoomtrainSuplex

DoomtrainSuplex
2 months ago#3
Make sure your warp drive is at 100% full. I can't remember if you need to have the Cadmuim, Emeril, and Induim warp drives installed.

User Info: Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5
2 months ago#4
Yeah my explorer is all good to go, I guess I'm just not far enough in the story. I'd been taking black holes randomly for fun, and then one anomaly mission popped me out 3500 ly away from the center and I decided to try to get there lol.

User Info: Maverick__1

Maverick__1
2 months ago#5
I got to the center by following the Atlas storyline. I can't imagine getting there any other way. I started out like 700,000 LY away from the center. If my ship's range was 1000 LY per warp, that'd be 700 warps. That's absolutely ridiculous. Who has the time to spend doing that? It's a total waste of time, not fun, and in the end when you finally get to the center....well, I won't spoil it, but it's pretty lame.

User Info: dbzfan91

dbzfan91
1 month ago#6
I was actually looking to see if anyone needed any help with this. I just got there yesterday. I went to the teleporter on the Anomaly. There were three bases displayed from other players I could warp to so I went to each to see how far they were from the center. One is USS Enterprise, one is a high, rectangular platform-base, the other looks like it’s in a swamp. Go to the swamp looking area. It’ll take you 16,000LV from the center. Two black hole warps will take you less than 7,000LV from the center. From there you can get there in three warps if you have the right drives that allow you to warp the furthest possible. Towards the end you’ll only be able to warp to one star system, you can’t jump it. That’s because this system is just before the galactic core. After you hot that system go back to the galaxy map and hold whatever direction you need toward the center. You’ll notice a circle at the bottom of the screen. Hold until the circle fills up and your warp is ready. I’m still relatively new to the game, just started this year in fact. I don’t know too much but I’ve been learning a lot for a beginning level. I use creative mode that way I can do almost anything I want.
Hello, 9-1-1 emergency! There's a handsome guy in my house. Wait, cancel that. It's just me! -Johnny Bravo

User Info: TazmanianD

TazmanianD
4 weeks ago#7
Maverick__1 posted...
I got to the center by following the Atlas storyline. I can't imagine getting there any other way. I started out like 700,000 LY away from the center. If my ship's range was 1000 LY per warp, that'd be 700 warps. That's absolutely ridiculous. Who has the time to spend doing that? It's a total waste of time, not fun, and in the end when you finally get to the center....well, I won't spoil it, but it's pretty lame.
Yeah, I did the Atlas path a couple of times and then decided to get there the hard way. Not very satisfactory but at least I can say I did it. Not going to do it again.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Galactic Core - last step
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A