• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Space station didn't let me buy?

User Info: kah

kah
3 weeks ago#1
I was in my brothers game doing coop, flew to a nearby space station, but inside the aliens didn’t want to trade with me at all. I’m just trying to find some inventory upgrades.

User Info: koranthus

koranthus
3 weeks ago#2
Same thing for me. My beginner space station won’t talk to me. The exosuit, starship, and exocraft technology merchants just tell me “No, we don’t speak of it! No, we don’t speak of it!” and my only option is to select “Leave”. Interestingly, the multitool technology merchant isn’t afraid of me and I can buy from it.

I had to warp to another system to find ones that would talk to me. The only place I have this issue is in my starter space station.

User Info: ZanderKaboose

ZanderKaboose
3 weeks ago#3
I think the game is misreading your reputation level with the current type of galaxy. I am in a Korvax galaxy and my friend is sitting at a whopping 0 with them (he loves attacking those freightors) and he cannot buy anything from anyone in my space station. I wonder if there is a glitch that makes it seem like you have no rep in your starting galaxy for some reason.
See my opinion is superior because I refuted your statement without actually arguing anything. ~JDM_Jev

kah
3 weeks ago#4
How do I get to the nearest space station from my home planet? Will I just see one if I go in the atmosphere?

I returned to single player and tried doing one of these drop ship things for an exo upgrade, but it is infuriating.

ZanderKaboose
3 weeks ago#5
There is only one per galaxy. Once you exit the atmosphere, there should be an orange hexagon waypoint that pops up, unless you were really unlucky and spawned in a galaxy that doesn't have an economy. Otherwise, you'll have to warp to a different one.
See my opinion is superior because I refuted your statement without actually arguing anything. ~JDM_Jev

kah
3 weeks ago#6
Is it true that I can join my friends game, go to his space station, buy the suit upgrade, leave game, rejoin, and then buy another suit inventory upgrade?

ZanderKaboose
3 weeks ago#7
As far as I know, no. There is a cooldown period for each suit upgrade spot. I can only ever get one from my two friends' space station like once a week (it feels like) but the one in the Space Anomaly seems to come back after each mission.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: califortunefade

califortunefade
2 weeks ago#8
ZanderKaboose posted...
As far as I know, no. There is a cooldown period for each suit upgrade spot. I can only ever get one from my two friends' space station like once a week (it feels like) but the one in the Space Anomaly seems to come back after each mission.

You can purchase one upgrade in the station and one in the anomaly per system.
The moon is glued to a picture of heaven
and all the little pigs have God.

ZanderKaboose
2 weeks ago#9
I've definitely gotten at least three from my wife's space station since we started playing.

User Info: Agent_Stroud

Agent_Stroud
2 weeks ago#10
koranthus posted...
Same thing for me. My beginner space station won’t talk to me. The exosuit, starship, and exocraft technology merchants just tell me “No, we don’t speak of it! No, we don’t speak of it!” and my only option is to select “Leave”. Interestingly, the multitool technology merchant isn’t afraid of me and I can buy from it.

I had to warp to another system to find ones that would talk to me. The only place I have this issue is in my starter space station.

This happens if you speak to them about the anomaly as part of the tutorial mission.

For some reason, their dialogue never resets no matter how far past that particular part of the mission you’ve progressed, so it’s best to speak to random aliens wandering about the station as opposed to anyone important such as the merchants or faction representatives in case you want to return there later.
"Was None Tomahawk the sequel to Bone Tomahawk? Like, they used up all their tomahawks?" -- biggs03
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Space station didn't let me buy?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A