• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Question about survival

User Info: Doober2

Doober2
4 weeks ago#1
I'm trying to decide between survival or normal

I like the idea of materials being rarer but at the same time I remember trying a game called Don't Starve and that game was just a constant source of stress needing to do everything efficiently and without wasting time it sucked all the fun out of it for me

How is the gameplay structure on survival? Especially to anyone that may have played Don't Starve, does it feel like that game were there is constant pressure on you? Or is it more relaxing even on survival than that game?
Currently Playing: Death end re;Quest
Bona fide Monafied
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: califortunefade

califortunefade
4 weeks ago#2
Much more relaxing than don't starve.

Once you get through the opening bit, it's barely harder than normal.
The moon is glued to a picture of heaven
and all the little pigs have God.

User Info: burdi1ar

burdi1ar
3 weeks ago#3
califortunefade posted...
Much more relaxing than don't starve.

Once you get through the opening bit, it's barely harder than normal.
^this 100% which is why I wish they'd either up the difficulty in Survival or add another mode like Extreme Survival or something
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert

User Info: Zalitogf

Zalitogf
2 weeks ago#4
Just mind to get a nice ship and update it a lot... Space fight can be more dangerous than using your legs... I was about to die 2 times in survival due space pirates
2 DS, 3DS, 2DS, Wii, Nintendo Switch, PSP, Ps2, Ps4, Playstation VR, Aim Controller VR

User Info: Jtenka

Jtenka
2 weeks ago#5
A few tips for survival.

Always keep a stack of sodium on you for the ships shields. This makes ship fights a breeze.

Your stack size is much smaller in survival. I think you can have 10000 in normal mode and 250/500 in survival per stack.

You should prioritise building various protection shields first to lengthen your time on planets and also your tech slots to move over all your tech.

As soon as you get your first 60,000 buy as many of the single use consumables that restore shield and life support. I think it's called life support gel and the ion packs. Just buy 40 or 50 of each and that's your shield and life sorted for ages. And they are cheaper and more time efficient than crafting yourself.
GT - Jtenka
PSN- Jtenka
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Question about survival
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A