• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Just got this

User Info: Maverick__1

Maverick__1
4 weeks ago#1
It's a neat game so far. I especially like cruising around in my starship. I've only got maybe 3 hours in so far, and I'm liking it, but it's a bit heavy on the farming and crafting. I kind of wish there was less of that and more actual gameplay. If this keeps up, I can see it getting really repetitive. Is this a game that can be beaten, or does it just go on forever?

User Info: chaos5055

chaos5055
4 weeks ago#2
There's a heavy emphasis on farming. Lots of farming. There is a main line of quests, but its not really a game you 'beat'

User Info: ZanderKaboose

ZanderKaboose
4 weeks ago#3
I mean, you don't HAVE to explicitly do anything. Just enough to keep you doing what you are doing. Main Quest Line until you unlock the Anomoly! Ignore the rest, go be a pirate, attack some freighters, meet some aliens, do little missions, work with others to get Quicksilver, etc. Eventually, you'll amass a bunch of stuff and can coast through a bit of the story since you don't need to farm
See my opinion is superior because I refuted your statement without actually arguing anything. ~JDM_Jev

User Info: JCE3000GT

JCE3000GT
4 weeks ago#4
Maverick__1 posted...
It's a neat game so far. I especially like cruising around in my starship. I've only got maybe 3 hours in so far, and I'm liking it, but it's a bit heavy on the farming and crafting. I kind of wish there was less of that and more actual gameplay. If this keeps up, I can see it getting really repetitive. Is this a game that can be beaten, or does it just go on forever?

Try Creative mode. Zero need to farm.

A for the game getting to the center of the galaxy is “the end” but it isn’t really the end. Don’t want to spoil it for you.

Maverick__1
4 weeks ago#5
Thanks, guys. I'm playing on 'normal' now, so I'll see how it goes. If it gets too tedious, I might go to "creative". Can I switch mid-game, or do I gotta start all over?

User Info: kainzow42

kainzow42
4 weeks ago#6
Maverick__1 posted...
Thanks, guys. I'm playing on 'normal' now, so I'll see how it goes. If it gets too tedious, I might go to "creative". Can I switch mid-game, or do I gotta start all over?
You would have to start over. But just so you know, once you have made some money you can just buy almost any resource you need instead of farming for it

User Info: Inxentas

Inxentas
4 weeks ago#7
Farming is what my industrial setups do while I'm at work. You can automate a lot later on.
Kept you waiting, huh?

User Info: JCE3000GT

JCE3000GT
4 weeks ago#8
kainzow42 posted...
But just so you know, once you have made some money you can just buy almost any resource you need instead of farming for it

^ This.

Maverick__1
4 weeks ago#9
kainzow42 posted...
You would have to start over. But just so you know, once you have made some money you can just buy almost any resource you need instead of farming for it
I just started a new game in 'creative', and TBH, I am liking it a lot more. I like the exploration aspect of the game, and building stuff is fun, too, but I hate grinding for materials. I think playing in this mode will be a change for the better, at least for me.

How do I go about getting a better ship? Can they be bought?

User Info: wizaerd

wizaerd
4 weeks ago#10
Maverick__1 posted...
I just started a new game in 'creative', and TBH, I am liking it a lot more. I like the exploration aspect of the game, and building stuff is fun, too, but I hate grinding for materials. I think playing in this mode will be a change for the better, at least for me.

How do I go about getting a better ship? Can they be bought?

At trading outposts or stations, when a ship you like lands, approach the pilot and when you speak with them, there should be an option to swap ships, or buy theirs outright. I prefer Creative mode as well, but it gets old after a while (at least for me it does). With free reign, and no progression, you'll visit a lot of planets, and eventually they all tend to start looking the same-ish.
People Suck
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Just got this
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A