Poll: No Man's Sky is one of the best video games of all time. Agree/disagree?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Poll: No Man's Sky is one of the best video games of all time. Agree/disagree?
Poll: No Man's Sky is one of the best video games of all time. Agree/disagree?

Personally, I believe it is at least the best game of this generation and arguably could even be the best game ever made.

It is rare to see such caring developers.

Amazing game!
No thanks Bro!

User Info: Id the Demon

Id the Demon
6 days ago#2
Not even close and this is coming from someone who enjoys the game and has almost 200 hours in
There's no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable and the accidental, and what we do.
PSN ID: idthedemon5353

User Info: 5quigly

5quigly
6 days ago#3
I don't agree or disagree. Imo it has the makings of one of the best ever maybe even the best of all time on earth (an appropriate cliche that always gets me when people refer to anything as best on earth, not like you can compare anything from Mars) but not in its current state. Don't like saying it but it still needs work.
A very enjoyable game much different from anything I've played before. Anyone have suggestions of any similar games?
Well over 1000 hours all up for me.

User Info: 7101334

6 days ago#4
Agreed. I considered it the best game this gen until Pathfinder, when it became best game ever. Atlas Rises took away from that a little, but NEXT brought it all back and much more.

5quigly posted...
A very enjoyable game much different from anything I've played before. Anyone have suggestions of any similar games?

There's nothing quite the same as NMS. It has elements of Skyrim, Minecraft, 7 Days to Die... many others, but no game with the same unique combination that is NMS.
No Man's Sky photography & videos: http://xenophotography.tumblr.com/
Join us at the Galactic Hub: https://www.reddit.com/r/NMSGalacticHub/

User Info: DravenRainrix

DravenRainrix
6 days ago#5
Yes and no.

It's definitely unique, but making a pizza out of concrete and ice-cream would be unique, doesn't mean you'd want to eat it.

There's too many games that are better than this one but that doesn't mean it's not a great game. It's an absolutely amazing game really. But it is plagued with bugs and things that could be done better.
It's vast but it's also quite empty.
There's only 3 other species and they all stand in the same spots. There's no world's with cities or towns, just random single buildings.
The action is all text based eg; monoliths describe what's happening when itd be amazing to see what's happening. "A child steps out of the monolith and grips my legs tightly, I realise it's me...." I'd like to see that...
The game is about exploration, fine, but each of the billions of planets is kinda a copy and paste job with little new to find once you've been to one of each type.
Ships and weapons are tough to find. It's not that much fun standing on the roof of a trading post for an hour in the hopes a decent ship will come by.. you'd think, with the man many ships in the galaxy, that someone, somewhere would actually be selling them.. same with weapons.

I'm sure there's more but you see what I mean. It's not really comparable to riding into Mexico in Red Dead, meeting Trevor, getting out of the Vault or dodging the executioner when a dragon attacks...

This game is a cheap but nice takeout pizza from that little shop down the road, it's good and you enjoy it, but it's not expensive Tbone steak cooked to perfection at the awesome steak house the next town over.
"You get born, you keep your head down, then you die, if you're lucky" ~ E.Hitler

User Info: PAL360

PAL360
6 days ago#6
I agree, but it's a personal think. I have been playing games for over 3 decades and always wanted to play a seamless space exploration game like NMS.
Most anticipated: Dreams, No Man's Sky Next, Cyberpunk 2077, Red Dead Redemption 2, Death's Gambit, Chasm and Starfield

User Info: Bottler0cket

Bottler0cket
6 days ago#7
Nah.

I love the game but I would describe it as niche. Games this gen like Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 and Monster Hunter World have much broader appeals.

As for best video game of all time? Not even near. The impact of games like Super Mario World, Mario 64, Metal Gear Solid, etc should not be under-estimated.

But remember kidos opinions like these are subjective. The game is also a buggy mess untill the next patch comes.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: chaos_belmont

chaos_belmont
6 days ago#8
Might crack top 500 If you are very generous.
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skill0r, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for hiney, thrillseeker extraordinaire

User Info: OhhhSnakes

OhhhSnakes
6 days ago#9
It's definitely one of my favorite games (perhaps my favorite), I can't think of too many games I've spent more time in.

PAL360 posted...
I agree, but it's a personal think. I have been playing games for over 3 decades and always wanted to play a seamless space exploration game like NMS.

^
That, although I've only been playing video games for two decades. Always wanted something like NMS.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: grubdumpling

grubdumpling
6 days ago#10
It's very niche, but it's right up my alley. I'm well aware that my love of this game is personal, and i don't know anyone i would recommend it to.

I'm also biased. I don't like violence in video games. It used to be that i didn't like senseless violence, or that directed at people, or violence motivated by politics, greed or evil. But no, turns out that the older i get, the more i lose of myself, and the more i treasure my ideals. Kinda backwards, but i'm a sensitive guy. So do i love no man's sky because it doesn't force me to kill?

No man's sky is also frustratingly buggy and difficult to navigate.
Mudrunner, No Man's Sky, Farmsim17... sigh. I welcome recommendations for adult games not based on combat/competition
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Poll: No Man's Sky is one of the best video games of all time. Agree/disagree?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.