How long did you wait to start building your base?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. How long did you wait to start building your base?

User Info: Bubby82102

Bubby82102
9 months ago#1
Also..did you chose a rich, fertile planet or one that was barren? I just discovered my first Atlas post. So I don't think I'm that far into the game yet.

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
9 months ago#2
Bubby82102 posted...
Also..did you chose a rich, fertile planet or one that was barren? I just discovered my first Atlas post. So I don't think I'm that far into the game yet.

I do not suggest waiting, at all.

Some of the best, and most necessary, blueprints come from the Base Building missions.

Also, it barely matters where you build your base. I do suggest you go with whatever planet the game offers you though. I think said planets are tailored specifically to have much of what's needed for those missions.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: monkyby87

monkyby87
9 months ago#3
WhillB posted...
Bubby82102 posted...

I do not suggest waiting, at all.

Some of the best, and most necessary, blueprints come from the Base Building missions.

Also, it barely matters where you build your base. I do suggest you go with whatever planet the game offers you though. I think said planets are tailored specifically to have much of what's needed for those missions.

Yep, I would start a base and do the base missions early on. You have to do some grinding/searching to find all of the materials, but it gives you some beneficial blueprints and really opens up some avenues for making money. It's free to claim a base, so you should just claim a base wherever it puts you, do the missions, and once done feel free to pack up and search for another planet.
3DS FC: 5344-0417-6988
Dream Address: 5900-4847-1461

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
9 months ago#4
I had played with all my controls, noticed I could build stuff, built a beacon, discovered it take me to habitable bases, and gone to one and realized that's how you start a base probably all in the first hour or so.

Didn't actually build one until my 2nd system though.

User Info: Bubby82102

Bubby82102
9 months ago#5
Ok, because I recovered a lost ship and trying to repair all the slots I used all my money. I need to figure out how to make money in this game.

User Info: monkyby87

monkyby87
9 months ago#6
Bubby82102 posted...
Ok, because I recovered a lost ship and trying to repair all the slots I used all my money. I need to figure out how to make money in this game.

Keep searching planets and sell what stuff you have. There are several guides out there about selling money. I'd suggest doing an internet search and going from there. You'll get more in depth answers and guides as opposed to here.
3DS FC: 5344-0417-6988
Dream Address: 5900-4847-1461

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
9 months ago#7
Bubby82102 posted...

good way to make money, find a emeril planet, I made like 1 million in a hour, I realize there are better ways to make money, but early on it helped me upgrade my suit slots alot.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
9 months ago#8
Bubby82102 posted...

Simplest thing to do is mine large deposits of resources.

It takes some time, cause you should load up on as much as possible, but early on its a quick way to go.

Then sell the stuff at a space station.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: PAL360

PAL360
9 months ago#9
I built my base in a frosen world very early in the story. Playing in survival, by the way.
Most anticipated: Cyberpunk 2077, Metro Exodus, Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus, The Elder Scrolls VI, RDR2 and Left 4 Dead 3
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. How long did you wait to start building your base?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived