• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. How to backtrack to previous systems

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
3 years ago#1
So, I've seen this asked a bunch, thought it was time for its own thread.

If you enter the galaxy map you'll have the option to search for discoveries. All discoveries. This means yours show up too. Just click find closest... etc and you're all the way back to where you need to go, without much hassle. You might need to enter freemode once or twice if you're jumping far, then short then far again at certain points, but it's not tough.

Just look for the named stars.

Hope it helps, I too know the joy of going back and forth between a base that buys something and a planet in another system that has planets covered in the stuff. = D
"I gazed a gazely stare"
Remember, IamI3rian told ya. = D

IamI3rian
3 years ago#2
Bump.

Mostly because this seems ignored at the moment. = )
"I gazed a gazely stare"

User Info: recklesssid

recklesssid
3 years ago#3
Thanks man! I needed this last night to be honest. I got so sad that I might not have been able to find my first system, I'd like to scan everything before I move on.
Peter Griffin: [Writing Letter] Dear MacGuyver, Enclosed is a rubber band, a paper clip, and a drinking straw. Please save my dog.

User Info: Basildon

Basildon
3 years ago#4
In the future there needs to be a menu to list and select previously explored systems, sort systems by distance, and a hide menu button for people that still want the open exploration.

User Info: 7101334

3 years ago#5
You mean the thing where you press up on the D-Pad and it "scans"?
No Man's Sky photography & videos: http://xenophotography.tumblr.com/

IamI3rian
3 years ago#6
Correct.
"I gazed a gazely stare"

User Info: Attilus1352

Attilus1352
3 years ago#7
This would seem to need an update, at least for the completionists out there who wan to go back get 100% discovery in those systems, or even for those who would just like to go back to a planet they found pleasing.

Depending on your warp engine upgrade, looking for the closest previous system will bypass it completely with the search function, making it somewhat difficult to find with the free roam tab.

I'm no programmer, but it seems it would be fairly easy to make that happen. All the devs need to do is add it in the discoveries tab. You highlight a system you were at previous where it has the system name, rename and upload, and upload, and just add MAKE WAYPOINT in that box. When you go back into the galactic map, just follow the back to waypoint tab option.

User Info: Falthin

Falthin
3 years ago#8
When I press ' Find nearest ' it seems to ignore my stars completely.
I keep pressing it and it takes me to random stars where it can't even define the discovery status.

I'm thinking that all the stars I've uploaded haven't been registered at all
PSN Durzo54Blint - Catti-Brie
PSN V1r1d1ana - Snowflake , PSN Azurite_Fire - River

IamI3rian
3 years ago#9
It's entirely possible you need to find a beacon to finalize your uploads.

Go to one of the orange box things that you need a bypass chip for (can't remember the name) and keep picking transmissions til you get one. After that, you shouldn't have any trouble.
"I gazed a gazely stare"

User Info: shenmue_masta

shenmue_masta
3 years ago#10
For me, the scanning seems to just take a long time without doing anything.
PSN : CurtisAlpha
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. How to backtrack to previous systems
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A