Can someone please clear up what was lied about?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Can someone please clear up what was lied about?

User Info: TheMachoKing

TheMachoKing
2 years ago#41
thebest99 posted...
People are so pissed because their cheese burger didn't come with any patty. Then they realized they're just eating a plate. An empty plate, of promises and dreams that will never come to fruition.

so if a game doesn't have multiplayer it isn't a game? I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree here because to me that makes no sense. If a game is more than 50% multiplayer then I won't buy it. Like I wanted to like the Star Wars Battlefront game but its mostly multiplayer so for me I'm paying 59.99 for 25% of a game.

User Info: HypnoCoosh

HypnoCoosh
2 years ago#42
TheMachoKing posted...
Most people are upset but I cannot relate to why at all. I really enjoy the game and if having multiplayer is the only possible way that you can enjoy a game there are other games out there that are almost entirely multiplayer. I hate multiplayer and I hate that every game that comes out caters to the multiplayer gamer. Finally one game comes out that doesnt and the gamers that have their multiplayer preference catered to 90% of the time loses their minds because their preferences aren't cater too 100% of the time.

http://giphy.com/gifs/star-trek-a0Lgc1JvbfS4o
We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. - C.S. Lewis

User Info: ZimbabweBob

ZimbabweBob
2 years ago#43
thebest99 posted...
People are so pissed because their cheese burger didn't come with any patty. Then they realized they're just eating a plate. An empty plate, of promises and dreams that will never come to fruition.

what a horribly asinine and misinformed analogy. Using your parlance, it's like getting a hamburger when you ordered a hamburger, then getting irate because you assume all hamburgers come with cheese.
"Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone."- Satoru Iwata
NNID/PSN: ZimbabweBob

User Info: Neo98765

Neo98765
2 years ago#44
Why do people ignore what Sean is saying about the servers?

You can't call the man a liar when the servers were not working properly, and this is obvious if you opened up your options menu and saw the connection status to the game's server was consistently disconnected. Are we all adults here with critical thinking skills?
PSN ID: Logisitcs

User Info: FunktionJunkton

FunktionJunkton
2 years ago#45
I actually thought this game was multiplayer as well, but that's more so cause I hadn't read up on the game. I was a little bummed when I grabbed and saw one player on the back. But after playing for a few hours I totally didn't care exploring a lone planet and learning an alien language has been super fun so far!

User Info: thebest99

thebest99
2 years ago#46
TheMachoKing posted...
thebest99 posted...

so if a game doesn't have multiplayer it isn't a game? I guess we'll have to just agree to disagree here because to me that makes no sense. If a game is more than 50% multiplayer then I won't buy it. Like I wanted to like the Star Wars Battlefront game but its mostly multiplayer so for me I'm paying 59.99 for 25% of a game.

I'm only summing up what all these angry folks are so upset about. I personally love the game and if I didn't like the game I wouldn't waste my time on a board for it. Unlike a few of these fine people here.
Sick Overwatch Gameplay right here fellaz
https://youtu.be/36lJ9-ytXbU

User Info: Dantewolfwood

Dantewolfwood
2 years ago#47
regs8376 posted...
wwk posted...
TC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

thats why this board is livid.

Its why you are livid. Also kudos on covering up your post history so people could no longer see that you have been bashing this game for over a week now in numerous topics.

Plenty of other people are livid too.
Yeah, we get it, grampa. Everything was better back in your day. -Neojazan

User Info: BOARDLORD12

BOARDLORD12
2 years ago#48
StoneRevolver posted...
The only people who actually did expect fleshed out multiplayer didn't know enough about what they were buying. That part is their fault. He's been saying the same things for a long time now, he repeatedly compared it to journey. What they will add still isn't what all these whiners want.
But it makes them feel better to b**** and moan, I guess.

Annnd then there is always the guy who comes in and totally skips over multiple videos of Sean literally saying there is multiplayer. LMAO. Please let me sell you a car. I'll be sure to tell you it fits your entire family even thought it's a two seater. But please, please, no b****ing and moaning.

User Info: travadinho

travadinho
2 years ago#49
ZimbabweBob posted...
it's like getting a hamburger when you ordered a hamburger, then getting irate because you assume all hamburgers come with cheese.

No it seems like you ordered a burger after the chef said there is cheese but the chances of you finding a piece in each bite is nigh impossible.
I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.

User Info: kyennamo

kyennamo
2 years ago#50
AzaneAzer posted...
kyennamo posted...
As far as the "lies" go, Sean was USUALLY careful about how he phrased stuff. Teasing things that implied multi without actually saying it in MOST cases. He let peoples interpretations of his careful phrasing do the lying for him. I knew then something didnt smell right but i still chose to buy the game as a single player experience. And, aside from the abysmal, non customizable controls, i got EXACTLY what i expected. No more no less.

I mean, Saying "YES YOU CAN SEE OTHER PLAYERS" on the Tonight show is a bad place to slip up and make a blanket Yes statement.

Agreed. But whether he lied isnt my concern at the moment. Im more interested in what is said going forward.

Maybe multi was never meant to be a thing. Maybe it is, and it isnt functioning properly. Maybe it wasnt ready for launch and will be added later (ala gta online)

Whatever the answer, i just wanna know. I want a straight answer.

I enjoy this game for what it is. I have Elite for multi so whatever the answer ends up being, i will be ok with it. I just want ACTUAL, UP TO DATE information.

Edit: my 2 questions still stand

1) is instancing with another player currently possible.

2) if not, will it be added in the future
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. Can someone please clear up what was lied about?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived