• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. How big is the game world compared to Daggerfall?

User Info: MonkeyDLuffy

MonkeyDLuffy
3 years ago#1
I remember people saying it took you days to travel across regions if you opt out of fast travel. So would it take you like a million years to get to another system without warping?
"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!" Ned Flanders' mom

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
3 years ago#2
No idea. It's not even certain you could ever get to another system without warping as each system could basically be it's own contained level and not truly open world.

User Info: ottothecat2003

ottothecat2003
3 years ago#3
1 planet is bigger than daggerfall. The amount of planets in the game is so high that is not even possible for the human mind to actually comprehend the number or size.
"What is No Man's Sky": https://secretonline.github.io/NMS-Info | PSVR, VIve, and Rift will revolutionize games and media :)

User Info: mithrandir1864

mithrandir1864
3 years ago#4
It's bigger than a baby's arm but smaller than a breadbox
PSN-rvlahn1978

User Info: ottothecat2003

ottothecat2003
3 years ago#5
http://m.imgur.com/pIxIUmP

Zooming in from space down to a space ship on the ground
"What is No Man's Sky": https://secretonline.github.io/NMS-Info | PSVR, VIve, and Rift will revolutionize games and media :)

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
3 years ago#6
Bigger than Daggerfall. Daggerfall is said to be the size of the UK. Planets for NMS are about the size of Mercury or bigger.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.

User Info: pearlspade

pearlspade
3 years ago#7
Ki_cat_ posted...
Bigger than Daggerfall. Daggerfall is said to be the size of the UK. Planets for NMS are about the size of Mercury or bigger.

It's fun that you say this cause there's a literally a topic planet is smaller than wyoming.

So let's assume since nobody knows wtf size of the planets that it's the size of wyoming. Let's assume you are correct and daggerfall is the size of UK (UK about the size of wyoming apparently I won't even try to leet math). So 1 planet is the size of daggerfall so this game only including planets and not space is merely 18 quintillion times bigger than daggerfall.
Didn't Read.

User Info: iminiki

iminiki
3 years ago#8
Russia is the biggest country on earth.
Do you think Russia is bigger than Milky Way?

User Info: Ki_cat_

Ki_cat_
3 years ago#9
No one quite has the planet sizes down but I'm assuming no one's really walked around just yet. Streamers have gone to a few close points, gathered stuff and flew away. I'm being generous with "Mercury" sized planets. It's probably more accurate to compare planet sizes to places. Every planet is roughly the size of Russia, excluding tunnels and stuff.
People are afraid of what they don't understand.

User Info: FinzFan4life

FinzFan4life
3 years ago#10
pearlspade posted...
Ki_cat_ posted...

It's fun that you say this cause there's a literally a topic planet is smaller than wyoming.

So let's assume since nobody knows wtf size of the planets that it's the size of wyoming. Let's assume you are correct and daggerfall is the size of UK (UK about the size of wyoming apparently I won't even try to leet math). So 1 planet is the size of daggerfall so this game only including planets and not space is merely 18 quintillion times bigger than daggerfall.

yeah a topic by a resident troll.
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
  1. Boards
  2. No Man's Sky
  3. How big is the game world compared to Daggerfall?
  • Topic Archived