• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. MXGP: The Official Motocross Videogame
  3. So has anyone took the plunge and bought it?

User Info: hustlin_pimpste

hustlin_pimpste
5 years ago#1
I keep looking at it on PSN but it is £35 and does not have a demo. Anyone here took the plunge and have anything to say about it?
Currently playing: Games
My rig: PC and monitor

User Info: PsychoD_Boy

PsychoD_Boy
5 years ago#2
Yup got my copy from game.co.uk today. I've only played career mode (and only intend to) but it seems great so far.
I don't give a ****. In fact I give so few ****s I'm negative ****s. You now owe me ****s. - Me responding to my friend talking about obscure Japanese games.

hustlin_pimpste
5 years ago#3
Good. So how does it feel and how in-depth is the career mode, as that is also where I would spend all my time?

PsychoD_Boy
5 years ago#4
Starting in career mode you will be unsigned and offered a single race contract from a team. You get 2 preseason races before the season starts and can do each race with a different team. Theres 2 tiers in the game, MX1 and MX2 (you'll start in MX2). Once the season starts you sign with a team and are given 2 objectives per race, a point total and a rider you have to beat. 14 races in a season and so far I've been offered to switch teams 3 times in 10 games. The third time I received offers from MX1 level teams but decided to stay in MX2 for the remainder of the season. Each race is set up in 4 parts. Practice, qualifying, race 1 and race 2. Practice will let you learn the track and qualify takes your fastest lap time and let's you pick your gate position based on what rank your lap was. Every race you do will give you xp to level up your MX level. Each level will reward you with either a new helmet or a picture from a real world race. The controls arn't bad. Feels kinda like MX vs ATV reflex without tricks.

I appologize for the wall of text but I'm doing this on my phone at break so I'm short on time.
I don't give a ****. In fact I give so few ****s I'm negative ****s. You now owe me ****s. - Me responding to my friend talking about obscure Japanese games.

hustlin_pimpste
5 years ago#5
Nice one, bud. Cheers for the info, gonna have to take the dive and buy this one.

User Info: joelang12

joelang12
5 years ago#6
wish we got all of milestones racing games here in the US. I really wanted WRC 4 in physical form, but it never came here. All we got is 3 and its a digi only title
If you believe in Jesus and are 100% proud of it put this as your sig

PsychoD_Boy
5 years ago#7
Yeah but we got WRC3 around a half a year after the original release date so keep the faith.
  1. Boards
  2. MXGP: The Official Motocross Videogame
  3. So has anyone took the plunge and bought it?
  • Topic Archived