• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#11
^Yeah, I'm reading up on how arrows are more for just people with weaknesses and blowing up objects like barrels and such. For group fights, I should have just run away but I try to be manly to see if I can win them. No big deal if I die as I'm just learning stuff anyway. Definitely seeing the Arkham similarities, especially with the vaulting move...feels like I could vault enemies forever sometimes.

Also, really felt like this is a game that could have used an instruction booklet. Just so many menus and mechanics to deal with and there's no instruction...I barely know what all the symbols on the hub mean. I'll figure it all out eventually but it's a lot of to worry about early on.

User Info: unikat

unikat
1 month ago#12
Well I've used arrows in close quarters quite a lot, especially since it can help you take out the most troublesome enemies, with a head shot, which sometimes show up later on, so you can't deal with them before engaging the group.

I've also almost never run away from group fights, only times I'd skip is if General/Main Target is running away or if I'd dealt with the objective so there's no reason to stay engaged, and there's loooooads of enemies.

I didn't have issues with symbols, dunno... it just made sense... to me
Sometimes in life a man is faced with. the right thing to do, and the wrong thing to do, and he only misses by one.

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#13
I finally had some good time to kill with the game last night and it's all starting to come together for me. I had no idea how near-identical the battle system is to Arkham, complete with a O-button stun and a finisher after 8 combo hits.

Got my first Nemesis kill when I kept running into this same annoying jerk who summons tons of guys with him every time which got me killed. I was trying to snipe his soldiers to separate them but they never wanted to break up so I just dived into a pile of them and brawled. Used my Arkham skills to X,X jump over everyone's heads with only one or two attacks before jumping again...just like the combat challenges in Arkham where I had to build up a combo for points. Turns out it worked and I ended up cutting down a group of 20 dudes before killing the Nemesis.

Right after that I got enough Power points to unlock the execution move. Also found the L3+R3 move to give me unlimited executions so it's on now. Feeling a heck of a lot more confident now that I've figured the combat...have slaughtered a bunch of Captains since then and I'm not afraid to brawl with any group...at least in this early going. Even had one of the Nemesis guy somehow come back from the dead and attack me while in the middle of a refugee rescue mission which was pretty fun.

Overall, I'm not sure of the point of going after some Captains especially since new ones will rise up. I get runes from them but they don't seem to be better than the Epic runes I started with.

I didn't have issues with symbols, dunno... it just made sense... to me

I'm cool with it now...I did a few plot missions and it seems the game explains stuff as you go.

Hotel_Security
4 weeks ago#14
Beat game and in the DLC now and came across the best name ever: Ushbaka Runny-Bowels.

Folks, we have a winner.
  • Post New Message