• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: whitewitch12

whitewitch12
4 months ago#1
So I played the first few missions and did some side quests and was enjoying myself, but now I just seem to be dying on ever mission I try to do, have to kill 4 war chiefs to carry on the story but some of the things you need to do to get them to come out just sucks, would be nice if you could chance the difficulty so its more fun to play.
I know the voices in my head aren't real........but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!
Sorry you're having trouble.
I'm having the opposite problem. I haven't died in forever and the game feels very repetitive. It kinda feels like a slog at times. I also don't find the landscape great to look at. Some good scenery when you can get up high and stare into the distance though.

Know that you can usually run away and hide again. Climb up some structures and they'll lose you 90% of the time.

Have you checked your upgrades and runes?
You can "buy" more health and upgrade arrow capacity and focus as well as unlock more rune slots.

Charged arrow shots to the head seem to usually kill in one shot (though I have a rune that adds 25% more dmg to head shots so not sure if that's why).

Take advantage of explosive spots and lure groups to them for massive kills.
Ha Ji-won <3
http://i.imgur.com/WsrLCO6.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/GNxSzQq.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/PrYgCg6.gif

User Info: mario_pot

mario_pot
4 months ago#3
They actually have difficulty options in Shadow of War but yeah it can be hard playing Shadow of Mordor . Have you tried leveling up ?
Are you living or just breathing to death ?

User Info: whitewitch12

whitewitch12
4 months ago#4
mario_pot posted...
They actually have difficulty options in Shadow of War but yeah it can be hard playing Shadow of Mordor . Have you tried leveling up ?

yes I leveled up a fair bit doing side quests and story ones, got to the point in the story were I had to kill the 4 warchiefs to continue and just kept dying over and over on each one, that's were in got to the point of not having any fun playing anymore.
I know the voices in my head aren't real........but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

User Info: unikat

unikat
3 months ago#5
I'm having similar problem as post #2 game is just repetitive and rather easy with right upgrades, after beating Batman Arkham City on hardest difficulty, this isn't much... especially since you can easily recover health during combat with right rune setup, basically I'm having each drain recover some of my health, which isn't hard to achieve once you unlock combat drain. Especially now that I've lowered the number for executions from 8 to 5, so you can basically get away from combat, shoot few arrows fast (if you're out of focus, or careful fully charged headshot if not) and you have enough to combat drain and recover arrows and health.

I've started the game yesterday, defeated 4th Warchief, and only problem I'm having is that sometimes enemies just keep on coming and coming so you can't even pick up the upgrades bosses drop unless you run away, even few captains showing up during a warchief hunt isn't a problem, bigger problem is that they start to run away so I have to hunt them down while avoiding other enemies, thankfully even that has become easier thanks to upgrades to Stun.

But yeah... game isn't as fun as I thought it would be, missions are repetitive there's too much of those involving slaves and most of them are basically the same, enviorement is bland as mentioned above too. Basically the best thing about the game is Arkham style combat, and I really like bow, it's really useful.
You know son, when I was your age, PC stood for Personal Computer.

User Info: MeteorStone

MeteorStone
3 months ago#6
unikat posted...
I'm having similar problem as post #2 game is just repetitive and rather easy with right upgrades, after beating Batman Arkham City on hardest difficulty, this isn't much... especially since you can easily recover health during combat with right rune setup, basically I'm having each drain recover some of my health, which isn't hard to achieve once you unlock combat drain. Especially now that I've lowered the number for executions from 8 to 5, so you can basically get away from combat, shoot few arrows fast (if you're out of focus, or careful fully charged headshot if not) and you have enough to combat drain and recover arrows and health.

I've started the game yesterday, defeated 4th Warchief, and only problem I'm having is that sometimes enemies just keep on coming and coming so you can't even pick up the upgrades bosses drop unless you run away, even few captains showing up during a warchief hunt isn't a problem, bigger problem is that they start to run away so I have to hunt them down while avoiding other enemies, thankfully even that has become easier thanks to upgrades to Stun.

But yeah... game isn't as fun as I thought it would be, missions are repetitive there's too much of those involving slaves and most of them are basically the same, enviorement is bland as mentioned above too. Basically the best thing about the game is Arkham style combat, and I really like bow, it's really useful.

Limit yourself. Don’t upgrade Talion with certain abilities and take your time with combat. Go slow.

Enjoy the art style of Talion’s swordsmanship. Use executions rarely/sparingly so you don’t get bored with the same animations. Or only use them as a one shot to finish off a captain with low HP so they actually look/feel impressive to use.

I’m currently playing the game again with only the first ability activated which is executions. And I intend to leave it that way except for the yellow abilities which are required for story.

All of these things add to replay value and a more engaging experience. Kind of like playing a handgun only run in a Resident evil game. You gotta be creative.

You also have extra modes to challenge yourself with like Test of Defiance, or Lord of the Hunt as well as The Bright Lord where you play as Celebrimbor in the past, which is pretty challenging if you don’t abuse the Ring of Power. They’ve even given him new sword attack animations and counters that are different from Talion’s to keep things fresh and you get no slow mo during focus when aiming his bow, which adds to the challenge.

P.S.
Also messing around with different skins can be fun too. Using skins and abilities that might match with those skins aesthetically can help too. For example “The hand of Sauron” skin looks pretty neat with the Rune that makes your sword glow orange. Little things like that can freshen the experience and not allow things to become repetitive or tedious.

But most of all take your time with combat, go slow. You don’t always have to mash the Square button. You can use running tackle, throw off ledges etc, run away and lead them to a bridge or the edge of the cliff and be creative. Take your time with it. You’ll squeeze out every last drop from the game and still have fun.

I still play this and Shadow of war to this day, because I can still find ways to enjoy the hell out of the combat. And I myself am a huge fan of swordsmanship and martial arts games. Like the Witcher 3, Arkham games, Assassin Creed, etc.
(edited 3 months ago)

unikat
3 months ago#7
I do tend to improvise during combat, and branding has become fun too, especially later on when you meet too many berserkers and you accidently attack into them lol. I've finished the game, and 2nd part was much more interesting, enviorement and missions too, Outcast ones are still a slog tho... too many of them X_x.

I've finished the game in the meantime 100%, finished Lord of the Hunt 100% and am half way through Bright Lord campaign. Lord of the Hunt and Blight Lord campaign are surprisingly well done.

But basically combat is well done other parts of the game are not so much. I find captain/warchief intros annoying, since you can cut them short, especially in the middle of the combat when you're trying to aim a bow and enemy that's running to light a signal or a captain/warchief trying to run away, and then some morron shows up to introduce himself and disorients you >_>

I'm not entierly sure I'll move onto Trials tho. There's so many games to play and so little time X_x
You know son, when I was your age, PC stood for Personal Computer.

User Info: MeteorStone

MeteorStone
3 months ago#8
unikat posted...
I do tend to improvise during combat, and branding has become fun too, especially later on when you meet too many berserkers and you accidently attack into them lol. I've finished the game, and 2nd part was much more interesting, enviorement and missions too, Outcast ones are still a slog tho... too many of them X_x.

I've finished the game in the meantime 100%, finished Lord of the Hunt 100% and am half way through Bright Lord campaign. Lord of the Hunt and Blight Lord campaign are surprisingly well done.

But basically combat is well done other parts of the game are not so much. I find captain/warchief intros annoying, since you can cut them short, especially in the middle of the combat when you're trying to aim a bow and enemy that's running to light a signal or a captain/warchief trying to run away, and then some morron shows up to introduce himself and disorients you >_>

I'm not entierly sure I'll move onto Trials tho. There's so many games to play and so little time X_x

Fair enough. I just enjoy the combat a lot and find ways to innovate. Been playing this game since it’s release in 2014. Ofcourse after a while I put it down and move on to something else. But every few months or so I’ll pop it back in and enjoy hacking off heads.

I was just on the AC unity board. And apparently there are some players still active on it and playing online co-op missions. I might get back into Unity if there are some serious players with time to kill that wanna do co-op stealth missions.

And in regards to new releases, I’m looking forward to Ghost of Tsushima where you play as a samurai. Now THAT game is going to make me say good bye to my social life, well.....that and FF7 remake, FF8 remastered, and possibly RE:Nrmesis remake should it come out before the end of the year. Hell of time for video games.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
1 month ago#9
Just starting this one myself. Didn't do much but it feels like I was constantly running into Uruk groups wherever I go. I killed a few and got killed by others and had one Captain escape and swear vengeance. Was kind trying to "clear out" Uruks from some areas but it seems they constantly respawn and then find the dead bodies I left them. Seems like I'm constantly unlocking abilities.

I occasionally interrogate one to see "weaknesses" of one of them but I don't have much that can be used to exploit them and I'm not even sure I need weaknesses...the only reason I can't kill any yet is because I'm surrounded by other grunts every time I try to take one out. Otherwise, they seem pretty easy, especially since rolls and parries seem pretty easy to pull off. Seems like arrows are super weak at this point in this game to the point where I'm not sure why I'd use them...I ambush even run-of-the-mill grunts with headshots and it just makes them charge me.

Kinda surprised to see comments above on the game being easy because that's what I heard going into it...I don't expect much of a challenge going in so if I get any, it'll be nice.

Just wandered around for a while but maybe I'll try a few side missions.
(edited 1 month ago)

unikat
4 weeks ago#10
Well... Arrows do get a lot better with abilities you unlock later, and weaknesses will come into play too later on when Uruks level up (no story spoilers just "mechanics") and get immunities to finishers, to stealth, to this and that, and then you'll need to exploit that, or they're either in well guarded place and you can exploit wasps and doggies to get them running (and separate them from the group)
Sometimes in life a man is faced with. the right thing to do, and the wrong thing to do, and he only misses by one.
  • Post New Message