• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  3. Tip: Don't buy the skills that

User Info: z_cherub

z_cherub
4 years ago#1
afford you one hit without breaking your combo or the one that allows 2 executions in a row. Makes fighting large groups at least a little challenging, & more fun.
PSN: ZCherub

User Info: kratitos

kratitos
4 years ago#2
Im one of those people that have fun wrecking everything in games... so in my case I had more fun with these two skills ^^

User Info: samkabamm

samkabamm
4 years ago#3
Agreed, being able to take one hit without the streak resetting would have been the start of becoming too powerful, and then after waiting until the end of the story missions to use my last ability points on 2x executions and hitstreak from 8 reduced to 5 it's definitely become a little too easy IMO.

not sure if ill do a no ability run once i've finished my first playthrough, maybe just a run without the three abilities mentioned above and maybe some others. maybe even just the first tier skills and story related

User Info: pinky

pinky
4 years ago#4
samkabamm posted...
Agreed, being able to take one hit without the streak resetting would have been the start of becoming too powerful, and then after waiting until the end of the story missions to use my last ability points on 2x executions and hitstreak from 8 reduced to 5 it's definitely become a little too easy IMO.

not sure if ill do a no ability run once i've finished my first playthrough, maybe just a run without the three abilities mentioned above and maybe some others. maybe even just the first tier skills and story related

Not necessarily....if you walk into a stronghold and set the alarm off, and you get a couple of captains in the same vicinity, you'll still have issues from time to time. This was with me dominating the game and having every (and I mean EVERY) upgrade unlocked.
Square-Enix killed Final Fantasy and is now dead to me: "...hopefully Square Enix can find a phoenix down and revive it." -Skorp_X

User Info: dougylaura

dougylaura
4 years ago#5
You can still get ambushed or get in a bad position even with all the skills...granted u die way way way less often but it can still happen
Psn: sandwhich_sensei. Currently rnk 3 on Test of Wisdom in SoM (elite and general)

User Info: Tryagain82

Tryagain82
4 years ago#6
There are definitely several game breaking abilities and runes, not to mention endless vaulting. I was considering limiting myself to tier 1 abilities to keep the challenge.

User Info: n64fan1

n64fan1
4 years ago#7
z_cherub posted...
afford you one hit without breaking your combo or the one that allows 2 executions in a row. Makes fighting large groups at least a little challenging, & more fun.

Those were literally the last ones I purchased.
PSN: The_Samstorm

User Info: shinchikudo

shinchikudo
4 years ago#8
Well i 'm you could just not use kill streak lol
PSN: FurudeRika1986

User Info: layzahr1

layzahr1
4 years ago#9
shinchikudo posted...
Well i 'm you could just not use kill streak lol

User Info: ccjj

ccjj
4 years ago#10
The difference:

1. Completing the game with no upgrades = badass

2. Completing the game with all upgrades but saying you will never use them = not badass + liar.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  3. Tip: Don't buy the skills that
  • Topic Archived