• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  3. Weapon Legends/Upgrades Question

User Info: DMRhythm

DMRhythm
5 years ago#1
I am just kind of confused as to what all the weapon challenges do exactly to my weapons. I have been completing as many as them as possibly but foolishly skipped through the tutorial in the beginning of the game when they were explaining the system. So after completing these challenges, our weapons just get upgraded automatically and upon completion of all 10 challenges per weapon we get a new skill? Is there a way to check the upgrades? And is this all we can do to upgrade our weapons aside from the runes? I read someone that your weapons get forged or something but I dont really understand that either

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

User Info: Joggy140

Joggy140
5 years ago#2
They get reformed but it doesn't do anything. There's no notice in the stats and no new abilities

I'll have to double check on my next playthrough if the appearance changes.

Really missed opportunity imho.
PSN Joggy140
Jpn 3DS 0061-2141-7654

User Info: callmediego

callmediego
5 years ago#3
You get a currency that you use to buy upgrades. Like extra rune spots. For some amount each weapon has a special skill.

User Info: DMRhythm

DMRhythm
5 years ago#4
Thanks guys! I wasnt able to actually notice any changes to the stats so I thought I was maybe missing something.

User Info: PhoenixAssassin

PhoenixAssassin
5 years ago#5
i could swear when i upgraded my sword it was getting decaps a lot more often.

i actually noticed that my kill animations seemed much tamer then the live streams and I was wonderign what was up with that. then when my sword got the half way upgrade I immiadately noticed a difference.
Its Jak, not Jack, not Jax, Jak

User Info: The_High

The_High
5 years ago#6
You get new execution animations, new skins on the weapon, and you can break through shields with fewer hits with the sword. Also a slight damage boost
"Ars Longa, Vita Brevis, Occasio Praeceps, Experimentum Periculosum, Iudicium Difficile."
-Hippocrates

User Info: Tmoney222

Tmoney222
5 years ago#7
Their appearance does indeed change. The dagger actually becomes a complete dagger instead of a broken blade, the sword gets more etchings/carvings on it, and the bow also gets visually upgraded. Other than the visual change, nothing is else is changed. No stat improvements or anything like that.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
  3. Weapon Legends/Upgrades Question
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A